Pop Century Room Renovations

I guess the 70s would be closest*, and yes, would assume building 10 and maybe also 6 will be complete by January.

*imo the 80s and 90s are not far from the main building if one cuts through the parking lot, but I realize "far" means different things to different people. I stayed in building 7 (80s).

Sorry, I have to disagree. I don't thing there is a chance that building 6 will be completed by January. It hasn't even closed yet and the shortest amount of time a building has taken has been 72 days and that was only 1 building. Building 10 has taken more days than that and it is still closed.

I'm guessing Disney is like other places and the staff renovating the rooms will probably take a little extra time off around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We are arriving on Jan 27th and I'm not thinking Building 6 will even be open by then but I would also love to be proven wrong!!

Sorry, I have to disagree. I don't thing there is a chance that building 6 will be completed by January. It hasn't even closed yet and the shortest amount of time a building has taken has been 72 days and that was only 1 building. Building 10 has taken more days than that and it is still closed.

I'm guessing Disney is like other places and the staff renovating the rooms will probably take a little extra time off around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We are arriving on Jan 27th and I'm not thinking Building 6 will even be open by then but I would also love to be proven wrong!!

I said maybe! But I thought maybe by the *end* of January, which I now see I didn't write. 6 definitely won't be open by the start of January, would be a nice surprise if it was open by the end.

Do they take entire buildings out of commission during the refurb? I was wondering if that would up my chances of getting switched to 50’s lake view when I request it, if half of the preferred pool rooms are closed. (I’m also hoping since I’m not asking for a refurbed room they will be more accommodating...)

I don’t believe you will have any trouble at all getting a 50’s lakeview room.

Our normal room request is 60’s lakeview and we have received our requested area for the past 10+ trips.

I don’t believe you will have any trouble at all getting a 50’s lakeview room.

Our normal room request is 60’s lakeview and we have received our requested area for the past 10+ trips.

Well it’s technically out of the category I booked. All that was available for SPD was preferred pool. That’s why I’m a little nervous. I don’t really want to be by the pool.

ETA...I did find it annoying this year that pretty much all that was available for SPD was the most expensive rooms at the resorts.

Do only the renovated rooms have coffee makers? We're booked in a standard room for March 25-30 and will request a renovated room, but in case our request isn't met, wondering if I need to pack a coffee maker. Thanks for any info!

I've brought a travel coffee maker the last couple of trips to Pop. I totally understand the need for coffee first thing in the morning, and don't want to walk to the food court to get it.

Yes, only the renovated rooms have them. It's up to you to decide if you want to bring one just in case.

Well it’s technically out of the category I booked. All that was available for SPD was preferred pool. That’s why I’m a little nervous. I don’t really want to be by the pool.

ETA...I did find it annoying this year that pretty much all that was available for SPD was the most expensive rooms at the resorts.

Sorry, I didn't pick up from your original post that you had booked a preferred room. I hope you get what you want.

I'm still trying many times each day to find a SPD offer for my dates but there's just no availability. I would take any room category available as I would still come out ahead financially.

I've got a Preferred Pool booked for mid-June. I'm just lurking for now, but you'll hear more from me in April/May as one of those asking "Anyone heard anything about building 4/5?".

Sorry, I didn't pick up from your original post that you had booked a preferred room. I hope you get what you want.

I'm still trying many times each day to find a SPD offer for my dates but there's just no availability. I would take any room category available as I would still come out ahead financially.

Yep...even with the more expensive room it’s still a better deal.

Don’t give up checking for SPD. The Pop offer showed up for me Saturday, so they are still popping up from time to time.

What's the best way to request a renovated room? I have a standard room reservation on the 28th for one night only.

Hate to not go through the whople thread but do they have an expected end date for all reno? I'm trying to plan for November 2018 and if I can get the same area i was in this past trip (50s,preferred) as a renovated room I would be THRILLED

What's the best way to request a renovated room? I have a standard room reservation on the 28th for one night only.
Within five days you can fax in a request and also call and leave a building either the 90's or 80's right now as a request. Leave it as simple as possible and your chances go up.

Hate to not go through the whople thread but do they have an expected end date for all reno? I'm trying to plan for November 2018 and if I can get the same area i was in this past trip (50s,preferred) as a renovated room I would be THRILLED
They are falling a little behind, so there is no definitive answer, but I would say over a year from now your chances are pretty good that the 50's will be done.

Yep...even with the more expensive room it’s still a better deal.

Don’t give up checking for SPD. The Pop offer showed up for me Saturday, so they are still popping up from time to time.

Thanks. 8 have the window open on every computer and phone and hit refresh numerous times daily. I think if it ever happens I might fall over!!

Any thoughts on whether or not 70's will be open mid February?
. Definitely building 10 will be but we don’t really know about building 7 at this time. Until they close it and we can start the refurb clock it will be hard to tell, especially considering Thanksgiving and Christmas could potentially add delays as workers could take some well deserved time off.

Would I have a better chance of getting a renovated room by booking a standard or standard pool view? Going next week. Right now we have standard pool view booked but I just looked and standard is also available.

Right now we have a preferred room booked at Pop and we arrive on Nov 26. I would love a preferred room but I guess our only chance of that would be if bldg 10 was finished. Any opinions on that? Also, do they close the whole building at once or just a section of it?

If we really wanted a refurbed room, would they let us downgrade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter