Pop Century Room Renovations

To do that they would have to stop the Gift Card perk. They are already losing money on this, I think it's just being offered because they don't have enough housekeepers.

What I could see is the standard being what you describe and if you want CLEANING, then you pay by the day extra for it. I would hate that, and would pass on it since we very clean, but Disney has themselves in a staff quandary. With all the hotels and resorts being built, this will only get worse.

I hope this never happens. We are paying top dollar to stay on site and for them to ask more $$ for housekeeping would be pretty bad. I don’t know of any hotel or motel for that matter that doesn’t give housekeeping.
Our typical stay is 10-14 days, I expect housekeeping.

Halfway through our stay now and the only thing I don't like us the toilet! It's high so if you are 5'3", like me, or shorter your feet dangle. Apart from forgetting to refill the coffee drawer a couple of days, housekeeping had been consistent. Yes, I've heard a bit of guest noise but honestly I've never stayed in a hotel that you don't and it definitely hasn't been anywhere near the level of annoing. And as far as water, honestly the pipes in my old house make way more noise. I should state though that I am not a light sleeper. It probably helps too that I am not on the side of a pool or parking lot so not as much back and forth foot traffic.

With the air conditioning, what I found was there were three settings. Low, high and auto. I made sure mine was always set to hi however I think when the maid came in she would turn it to auto so I always made sure to check it after she had been there. It looked like the auto setting was worked by the motion sensor so that would allow the room to warm up if no one was there but gave the appearance of a working system when you were actually there. This I figured out the first night when the room became very warm while I was sleeping.

It may be a fix to the issue if you find this problem.

My family stayed in the renovated rooms in August this year. My husband LOVED the Joffrey's coffee that they had for the coffee makers in the room. I am going to order some for him, but just want to make sure that I order the correct flavor. Can anyone that is there, please let me know the flavor of coffee that is in the small packets in the rooms? Joffrey's website has one that says French Roast offered in the rooms at Disney, but I want to make sure that I get the right one!! Thanks everyone!

Any one that has stayed in a renovated room and declined housekeeping, were you able to stock up on the coffee supplies for the room by chance?

Halfway through our stay now and the only thing I don't like us the toilet! It's high so if you are 5'3", like me, or shorter your feet dangle. Apart from forgetting to refill the coffee drawer a couple of days, housekeeping had been consistent. Yes, I've heard a bit of guest noise but honestly I've never stayed in a hotel that you don't and it definitely hasn't been anywhere near the level of annoing. And as far as water, honestly the pipes in my old house make way more noise. I should state though that I am not a light sleeper. It probably helps too that I am not on the side of a pool or parking lot so not as much back and forth foot traffic.
You don't like feeling like a child when you sit on the toilet with your feet dangling lol? I've been to a couple places where my feet dangled like that and I'm 5'5''. I don't mind it too much because I'd rather it be tall than really short.

Hope I get a new room! I think the toilet is called comfort height. We have that type at home. I’m 5’5.5” and find the short height toilets too low! I hope the new toilet flushes quieter than the old ones.

I hope this never happens. We are paying top dollar to stay on site and for them to ask more $$ for housekeeping would be pretty bad. I don’t know of any hotel or motel for that matter that doesn’t give housekeeping.
Our typical stay is 10-14 days, I expect housekeeping.

Oh I agree with you ... and I have no issue staying offsite when Disney rates bounce into unreasonable ranges but .... where is this going?

Gift cards to not get housekeeping helps ... address shortage of Mousekeepers and reducing late/missed cleanings but it’s likely profit loss for Disney on those rooms. Unless a large number take the offer it probably doesn't help or hurt in those ways. It seems to be a half-baked offering.

If Disney doesn't find a way to hire more housekeepers to maintain the open blocks of rooms then what is the next step? I was just suggesting that the idea BJ7644 had was viable but I don't see Disney introducing a third layer of housekeeping, rather they might replace one option. Now offering this with no incentive seems pointless since those who in the past refused service didn't want housekeeping in the room at all ... and those who expect full housekeeping still won't bite on reduced without incentive. An option could be make this the standard and charge for cleanings. Much like with my Mom's Marriott timeshare (and I assume others) - they get zero housekeeping except for the days they schedule and pay for.

Disney has determined the profit level they want from their rooms and unless they are prepared to reduce that margin, they will need to change the current service offerings. Or keep the gift card offer and raise room rates to cover it.

So I just went to check our reservation details and it looks like I'm able to put in a room request online now!

My TA already asked for connecting rooms for us but nothing else - we want refurbished rooms, so would you just choose 80's or 90's and hope for the best?

So I just went to check our reservation details and it looks like I'm able to put in a room request online now!

My TA already asked for connecting rooms for us but nothing else - we want refurbished rooms, so would you just choose 80's or 90's and hope for the best?
Mine is working now too! I double checked after confirming my requests and I notice that it's only 'remembering' request number 2 though, request number 1 keeps clearing out. Hopefully just a glitch. If you're wanting a refurbished room I believe the 70s section is nearing completion as well so you could request 70s, 80s or 90s, whoever one you'd rather be in.

If I wanted a refurbished room, I'd request that (in addition to connecting rooms) and nothing else, even if I had to call or have my TA call to add that request. If you ask for a specific building the room assigners have no idea why you want that building.

Mine is working now too! I double checked after confirming my requests and I notice that it's only 'remembering' request number 2 though, request number 1 keeps clearing out. Hopefully just a glitch. If you're wanting a refurbished room I believe the 70s section is nearing completion as well so you could request 70s, 80s or 90s, whoever one you'd rather be in.

Just a point of clarification. 1 building of the 70's section is nearing completion but the second building only began renovations on Nov 1 so it is anticipated (based on past renovation times) that the second building won't be open until late January or February at the earliest.

I am staying just one night in early January (Jan 2.) I have a standard room and when I made the reservation over the phone I requested a refurbished room. I just saw that the drop down request menu is back up again on MDE--so I requested 80's section and high floor. Do you think it is likely that the 70s section will be complete with the refurb. by Jan 2? Should I have not done anything, and just allowed the request I made over the phone to be my only requests? Thanks!

Just a point of clarification. 1 building of the 70's section is nearing completion but the second building only began renovations on Nov 1 so it is anticipated (based on past renovation times) that the second building won't be open until late January or February at the earliest.
Do we know yet if building 6 is completely closed now?

I am staying just one night in early January (Jan 2.) I have a standard room and when I made the reservation over the phone I requested a refurbished room. I just saw that the drop down request menu is back up again on MDE--so I requested 80's section and high floor. Do you think it is likely that the 70s section will be complete with the refurb. by Jan 2? Should I have not done anything, and just allowed the request I made over the phone to be my only requests? Thanks!
1 building of the 70's section will be open but a good portion of those rooms are preferred rooms. There is no chance of the second 70's building being open by your dates as they only began refurbishments of the second building on Nov 1st.

I arrive tonight around 8 and just got my room assignment. Bldg 3 50's :( no refurb room for us.. we do have a preferred view so I am wondering if that played into the equation...

Hello,
We are coming end of January and have split stay at POP and POFQ. This is our second ever stay and visit at WDW (last time my daughter was 3 and she is now 20!) and we never stayed at either resort hence the split stay, we want to try a couple of places so we have 4 nights in both. After reading here I have added refurbished room to our booking but I don't really mind that much, we don't spend that much time in our room and this is one hell of a treat for us to even be there, we are so excited! Anyway just following along, getting some tips and wanted to say hi :wave2:

Hello,
We are coming end of January and have split stay at POP and POFQ. This is our second ever stay and visit at WDW (last time my daughter was 3 and she is now 20!) and we never stayed at either resort hence the split stay, we want to try a couple of places so we have 4 nights in both. After reading here I have added refurbished room to our booking but I don't really mind that much, we don't spend that much time in our room and this is one hell of a treat for us to even be there, we are so excited! Anyway just following along, getting some tips and wanted to say hi :wave2:
You'll love POFQ! It's our absolute favorite! We are staying at POP in March so that might change, but for now it's still our favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter