Pop Century Room Renovations

Same. We’re AP, but the room discounts haven’t been great from what I’ve been seeing lately. We booked this back in November under a general promotion as well.

Also, our plugs have all been fine in Building 7. I would definitely let the hotel know; sometimes there are construction “leave-behinds” that they can’t know unless someone tells them.

We found the USB ports are slow. Charging during the day and me checking my phone all during the night .. I noticed how slow they were charging compared to usual.

We are hard on our phone batteries with photos and MDE FP+ rolling so when we come back for a short stop ... we like to charge up. So we still bring our cords and plugs.

We found the USB ports are slow. Charging during the day and me checking my phone all during the night .. I noticed how slow they were charging compared to usual.

We are hard on our phone batteries with photos and MDE FP+ rolling so when we come back for a short stop ... we like to charge up. So we still bring our cords and plugs.
That kind of stinks. There isn't much point to having them if they charge slow.

It’s $177/night when we will be there.
Aren't we going around the same time??? I'm paying $120 for a standard room. Originally booked preferred but I think it was $20-25/night cheaper for standard and Pop isn't that big, so I thought it would be ok. I did the Gift of Magic offer- just read you did PSD. Still seems a little too expensive.

Does anyone know the latest list of which buildings are completed and currently being worked on? I have reservations for April 7-13 and splurged for preferred pool view, I am wondering what my chances of getting a renovated room are. Thank you!!!

Does anyone know the latest list of which buildings are completed and currently being worked on? I have reservations for April 7-13 and splurged for preferred pool view, I am wondering what my chances of getting a renovated room are. Thank you!!!

Post #2 has the most up to date information.

Aren't we going around the same time??? I'm paying $120 for a standard room. Originally booked preferred but I think it was $20-25/night cheaper for standard and Pop isn't that big, so I thought it would be ok. I did the Gift of Magic offer- just read you did PSD. Still seems a little too expensive.
We have 3 adults and 1 child so I know that ups the price. I just looked and it still says $171/night for a Standard room.

We have 3 adults and 1 child so I know that ups the price. I just looked and it still says $171/night for a Standard room.
That probably explains it then. PSD plus I know there is some sort of surcharge for more than 2 adults in a single room.

That probably explains it then. PSD plus I know there is some sort of surcharge for more than 2 adults in a single room.
That’s without the package. I think we might be paying less for our rooms but I’m not for sure since it doesn’t separate out the price. I kind of wish it did.

That kind of stinks. There isn't much point to having them if they charge slow.

True. We still use our adapters for phones and plug into the outlet. I find the USB ports useful for charging (more like "topping off" since we never deplete it) my portable power bank overnight, but that's all.

Can you also get a tan under that wall light!? :crazy2:
That wall light is BRIGHT. It probably shines through walls and lights up the adjacent room. The lights above the Murphy bed or in the beverage center are much softer...

Can you also get a tan under that wall light!? :crazy2:

ABSOLUTELY! It's could land an airplane.

Truly overkill on all the lights in the room, they should have spent money elsewhere. We put all the lights on at once and was sure we were getting a tan and needed our sunglasses. Somewhere I took a picture but it did no justice to the beams radiating around the room. Maybe if the walls had color it wouldn't have been so bad but all that white just reflected it all over.

Last edited:
True. We still use our adapters for phones and plug into the outlet. I find the USB ports useful for charging (more like "topping off" since we never deplete it) my portable power bank overnight, but that's all.

I was able to charge my iPhone and iPod with the USB, but they did charge faster if I plugged them into the outlet with the adapter. My phone would be somewhere around 40% at the end of the day, and with the adapter it would be 100% by bedtime, without the adapter I had to leave it plugged in overnight. My iPad was just too slow on the USB port alone, so it got charged solely with the adapter. All of my outlets were working fine.

I liked the body wash from the new big bottle toiletries. But I still have concerns about guests tampering with them, so I will be bringing my own toiletries from now on.

I didn’t have any issues with the new Room Occupied sign. No one knocked while the sign was up. I did have one day that I don’t think my room was accessed by anyone. Housekeeping didn’t service me, and it was the day before I got the new bathroom dispenser.

I enjoyed the refurbished room again and hope I get one again for my next stay in April. I really like the new mattresses-I slept so good!

Yes, that would be preferable. Thanks.

It looks the 50s areas will be the last to get renovated per post #2... Bowling Pool goes down in May as well, so I would stay 90s, 80s, or 70s for guaranteed renovation... 60s will be done soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter