Pop Century Room Renovations

Building 4 is now completed!!!
Great!! Are all the white gates down and people staying in the rooms? We will update post 2. If you happen to notice if they’ve closed any more if bldg 3 it would be great to hear but understand fully if you don’t have time to wander!

I have a preferred room booked in a week and would really like to stay in the 70s section to guarantee a refurb room. However, when doing early check in, I enter 70s section as my first choice and 60s as my second choice. When I save my selections, it erases my 1st choice of 70s and only keeps my 2nd choice of 60s. Is there a reason for this? Does this mean there are no preferred rooms left in the 70s section??

The reason is there is a bug on the request form that still hasn't been fixed. It's only saving one request -- if you just picked a first request and not a second, it's saving that first request in the second request field. If you pick two, it's only saving the the second request.

On my last visit I did get my requested section via online check-in -- I only made one request, it got saved (in the second request field) but they appeared to get that data and use it.

(So far no version of the online requests has been dynamic enough to know anything related to your reservation room type, what rooms are available, anything like that -- it's just static data on a form. That doesn't always work.)

The reason is there is a bug on the request form that still hasn't been fixed. It's only saving one request -- if you just picked a first request and not a second, it's saving that first request in the second request field. If you pick two, it's only saving the the second request.

On my last visit I did get my requested section via online check-in -- I only made one request, it got saved (in the second request field) but they appeared to get that data and use it.

(So far no version of the online requests has been dynamic enough to know anything related to your reservation room type, what rooms are available, anything like that -- it's just static data on a form. That doesn't always work.)

Well that's super annoying. You'd think they'd just remove that area if it isn't working. :rolleyes2

Just checked in for one night. We booked a preferred room, we had requested a refurbished room. Got put in building 1. Went to the desk when we got here and asked, said we would be fine with a standard room if it meant refurbed...she said she wasn’t sure if she had anything because it’s a busy weekend but would check and voila, now sitting in our room in building 4, and actually got upgraded to a king bed!

Just checked in for one night. We booked a preferred room, we had requested a refurbished room. Got put in building 1. Went to the desk when we got here and asked, said we would be fine with a standard room if it meant refurbed...she said she wasn’t sure if she had anything because it’s a busy weekend but would check and voila, now sitting in our room in building 4, and actually got upgraded to a king bed!
Great news!! What part of building 4 are you in? Are you facing the pool or splash pad? Did you notice any white gates blocking portions of building 4?

Sorry! So many questions. Just trying to see if the entire building is open now so that we can update post #2.

Great news!! What part of building 4 are you in? Are you facing the pool or splash pad? Did you notice any white gates blocking portions of building 4?

Sorry! So many questions. Just trying to see if the entire building is open now so that we can update post #2.
We are on the opposite side of the pool. We didn’t see any gates but we haven’t been around the entire building so I’m not sure I’m any help there.

How many bathtub verses shower only rooms are there? Are they all in certain sections or spread throughout the resort? We have 2 rooms and would like them connected and at least one of them with a tub.

Thanks for your help. Maybe I should start a thread. "Which Pop room did you get and did you have a tub?". Lol

My teen will be upset if we don’t have a tub. Not the end of the world but she loves her baths with bath bombs. I on the other hand love showers and never take a bath. I would be happy either way. I think the number of shower only rooms is probably pretty small so odds are we should be fine. Not worth changing rooms over.

My teen will be upset if we don’t have a tub. Not the end of the world but she loves her baths with bath bombs. I on the other hand love showers and never take a bath. I would be happy either way. I think the number of shower only rooms is probably pretty small so odds are we should be fine. Not worth changing rooms over.

We have 2 rooms. My mom ( my room) and my nephew (other room) are both bath only kinda people. As long as one room has a bath we will be good.

Curious if anyone has insight into what room types are typically part of Free Dining offers? Hoping to see that offer this coming week! Also - likelihood of getting connecting rooms? We are a family of six split in two rooms. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter