Pop Century Room Renovations

Curious if anyone has insight into what room types are typically part of Free Dining offers? Hoping to see that offer this coming week! Also - likelihood of getting connecting rooms? We are a family of six split in two rooms. Thanks!!

The last two times I booked with Free Dining (2015) or the QS Summer Meal Deal (2017), I had to book a preferred pool view room. I was able to book a standard room with the FD package back in 2013, but that was the last time I had that option.

Curious if anyone has insight into what room types are typically part of Free Dining offers? Hoping to see that offer this coming week! Also - likelihood of getting connecting rooms? We are a family of six split in two rooms. Thanks!!

In 2015 i had to book a preferred room but was able to switch to a standard room a couple weeks later.

Curious if anyone has insight into what room types are typically part of Free Dining offers? Hoping to see that offer this coming week!

At all resorts it's usually the most expensive categories.

Also - likelihood of getting connecting rooms? We are a family of six split in two rooms. Thanks!!

Impossible to say. It's completely dependent on occupancy and how many others request connecting. Both of which only WDW will know.

We just got back and was in a refurbished room in the 70’s room 6120 which faced the lake but was also an area where they stored all the laundry/housekeeping carts and where employees seemed to hang out. The room was nice but there are a few things that I wish I knew before going

If you are traveling with small ones who like to wash their own hands but cannot reach over the song, there is no stool for them to sit on. I requested one from the desk but it never came.

It seemed like Guests were taking advantage of the $10 credit per day for no room service. We saw trash bags everywhere outside rooms. A few were swarmed With ants.

If you are used to a soft bed then you will not enjoy these. They were very firm.

They no longer provide quilts on the bed. Just the sheets and a thin blanket

Towels are very small

Did not find the food very good. Wandered outside the park to eat.

One other thing that was annoying. We saw guests everywhere sitting outside their doors smoking, including the people next to us. It was gross every tie we stepped outside our room.

We just got back and was in a refurbished room in the 70’s room 6120 which faced the lake ...

1) but was also an area where they stored all the laundry/housekeeping carts and where employees seemed to hang out. The room was nice but there are a few things that I wish I knew before going

2) If you are traveling with small ones who like to wash their own hands but cannot reach over the song, there is no stool for them to sit on. I requested one from the desk but it never came.

3) It seemed like Guests were taking advantage of the $10 credit per day for no room service. We saw trash bags everywhere outside rooms. A few were swarmed With ants.

4) If you are used to a soft bed then you will not enjoy these. They were very firm.

5) They no longer provide quilts on the bed. Just the sheets and a thin blanket

6) Towels are very small

7) Did not find the food very good. Wandered outside the park to eat.

8) One other thing that was annoying. We saw guests everywhere sitting outside their doors smoking, including the people next to us. It was gross every tie we stepped outside our room.

Not sure if you have been to Disney or POP before but thought I'd give thought on your comments. Maybe it will help others new to POP/Disney.

1) I have not stayed in 70's since my first stay but either 70's or 50's end of lake become the "laundry hub" but due to both ends of the lake being highly utilized by the Room Renovation & Gondola Construction, their space is gone. For now guests are going to be impacted by this. Hopefully when it is all complete it will be gone .... but you could have gone to the front desk and complained about the gathering of CMs as they have a place to do that, and it's not in the guests area.

2) I have never heard of stools being provided to anyone, that would be something you need to bring with you. When mine were littles I traveled with a potty adapter/stool.

3) My exact fear with this rebate. We tried it last trip, and wasn't worth the money. BUT we left nothing outside our door, took all trash to elevator containers - which were full at all times. Once we had to take trash to the cans by the pool. At POP and our stays at Sports since this started we saw many trays full of food and trash laying on the walkways (wildlife buffet). I wish Disney would fix their labor issues and stop this, it has impacted the cleanliness of the hotel.

4) I do love the soft beds and hated the old hard beds. No right or wrong here, there's always going to be someone not comfortable.

5) The quilts (bedspreads) left years ago long before the renovation. At first they still had a runner on the bed made out of the old bedspreads but they are now leaving as the renovations happen. Industry wide you are finding more of the sheet/duvet covers because they are so easy to clean. For guests they are a plus in that your full bedding should be clean between guests. The old bedspreads were not ... You can go to/call for additional blankets if you want them.

6) Oh I hear you on the small thin towels. Seems to be each level up at Disney gets better towels. A big gripe for me. I shouldn't have to pay those crazy rates and get a towel that is small, thin and rough. Disney fails in that respect.

7) Disney food ............. you have those random places that are good in relation to value ......... but overall the food is average and overpriced. My last trip even some favorites failed us. We actually prefer to pack our lunch and eat only TS for dinner. But if my schedule is not taking me late into the night, I have no issue in leaving a park and driving straight off property for a meal that quality is equal to what I pay. I have tired of cringing every time I have to pay the bill.

8) 100% NOT OKAY and I would walk myself to the front desk with the room numbers and complain with demand that it be stopped.

We just got back and was in a refurbished room in the 70’s room 6120
They no longer provide quilts on the bed. Just the sheets and a thin blanket.

Did you have a tub or shower only?

Thanks for the heads up with the blanket. I'll make sure to bring myself a throw as I often get cold at night.

Thanks for the heads up with the blanket. I'll make sure to bring myself a throw as I often get cold at night.

I usually travel with my big fluffy throw :cloud9: and have another in car should I need, but yes they will provide you with extra blankets.

Tub/shower combo. The upgraded glass sliding doors instead of shower curtain is a plus.

We've always been able to book standard at Pop. But those rooms go fast!

How comfortable are the new beds? I’m considering either Pop or one of the moderates for a trip next year and (being a solo traveler) the bed and room size are perfect for me, but I wasn’t sure if there’s likely to be a big different in how hard the beds are or how comfortable things like pillows are. Is there even a difference in the bedding or is it all the same these days since they’ve switched to the all white bedding everywhere?

Hi all. Last checked this board last summer. We stayed in new room in July. How far have they come at this point? Are all the buildings done? Wondering for a Fall or Winter stay. Thanks in advance.

Hi all. Last checked this board last summer. We stayed in new room in July. How far have they come at this point? Are all the buildings done? Wondering for a Fall or Winter stay. Thanks in advance.

Post #2 has the most up to date information. It was just updated 2 days ago.

Post #2 has the most up to date information. It was just updated 2 days ago.
Oops. Thank you. I see that now. Only 50s isn't done. And if we don't arrive till November, that's 6 months. By then all the rooms should be refurbed unless I am missing something.
Thanks!

How comfortable are the new beds? I’m considering either Pop or one of the moderates for a trip next year and (being a solo traveler) the bed and room size are perfect for me, but I wasn’t sure if there’s likely to be a big different in how hard the beds are or how comfortable things like pillows are. Is there even a difference in the bedding or is it all the same these days since they’ve switched to the all white bedding everywhere?
Many if us find the beds to be extremely comfortable. I have heard of s few who preferred the older, firmer style but many like the new ones. I liked the pillows so much that I took a picture of the tags and ordered one for home!! If ended up being much plumper than those at pop but I quickly adjusted and it is softening up too.

The new beds at pop are super comfortable! I would’ve liked firmer pillows but we were so tired that we fell asleep fast anyway. I’m not sure about the bedding. I feel like it would be similar at any of the resorts but I could be wrong.

Many if us find the beds to be extremely comfortable. I have heard of s few who preferred the older, firmer style but many like the new ones. I liked the pillows so much that I took a picture of the tags and ordered one for home!! If ended up being much plumper than those at pop but I quickly adjusted and it is softening up too.
Awesome. I like softer beds so that sounds perfect! Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter