Pop Century Room Renovations

How comfortable are the new beds? I’m considering either Pop or one of the moderates for a trip next year and (being a solo traveler) the bed and room size are perfect for me, but I wasn’t sure if there’s likely to be a big different in how hard the beds are or how comfortable things like pillows are. Is there even a difference in the bedding or is it all the same these days since they’ve switched to the all white bedding everywhere?
Funny. I found them rather firm but the bed that folds out from the wall was a lot softer.

How comfortable are the new beds? I’m considering either Pop or one of the moderates for a trip next year and (being a solo traveler) the bed and room size are perfect for me, but I wasn’t sure if there’s likely to be a big different in how hard the beds are or how comfortable things like pillows are. Is there even a difference in the bedding or is it all the same these days since they’ve switched to the all white bedding everywhere?

I thought they were very comfortable! I normally sleep on a firm bed but grew up sleeping on a very soft bed. The Pop mattress fell somewhere in between, not overly soft or firm. The pillows are pretty soft and fluffy, which is my personal preference. They're quite large though, so two of them stacked together was perfect for me (you get four pillows).

The sheets are comfortable enough, not super soft but they didn't bother me at all. I'm not sure if this is the norm but on the regular bed in my room there was a flat sheet, a thin blanket, and then another flat sheet on top. On the pull down bed there was just a flat sheet with the blanket on top, no second sheet.

I usually stay at moderately priced hotels (like Hilton) but stay at Pop because of the Disney prices. I'd say the beds at Pop are just as good as those in regular hotels I'd normally stay at, and definitely a lot better than beds I've slept in at cheap hotels. The mattresses are far better than what I remember from my stay last year before the refurb, and I don't remember those being that bad either.

Curious if anyone has insight into what room types are typically part of Free Dining offers? Hoping to see that offer this coming week! Also - likelihood of getting connecting rooms? We are a family of six split in two rooms. Thanks!!
Curious if anyone has insight into what room types are typically part of Free Dining offers? Hoping to see that offer this coming week! Also - likelihood of getting connecting rooms? We are a family of six split in two rooms. Thanks!!
We booked standard rooms last year and for this Summer and got the QS summer dining promotion.

There is a narrow drawer in the coffee cabinet below the coffee maker. I would be surprised if there weren't any supplies at all, I'm guessing she may just not have found where they're stored. Others have had trouble finding them.
Thank you so much! Turns out they had just forgotten to put it in the room...my Mom was going to go buy some till I told her to call down...all fixed!

That is what I assumed but when I removed the sheets, they were different. Seemed like it was a softer bed. Reminded me of one of those memory foam beds you can buy online.
That’s interesting as others have compared the tags on the two mattresses and in those cases they were identical. Looks like some rooms have identical mattresses and others are different.

That’s interesting as others have compared the tags on the two mattresses and in those cases they were identical. Looks like some rooms have identical mattresses and others are different.
Yes seems like mine was different. I remember the corners of the pop-out mattress sticking up slightly which is an indicator of one of those memory foam mattresses.

We booked our preferred room that was the Free QS meal per day summer deal. Based off what I see on this thread, it looks as if you can get standard and preferred.

I wish you could book a tub room. Putting a 2 year old in a shower is like a Cirque du Soleil act!
I am TOTALLY requesting this. DD has a sudden fear of the bath...I can't imagine trying to give her a shower. We had to switch from the handheld shower nozzle back to pouring a cup of water over her head to wash her hair. NEED a tub! lol

FD offer rumoured to be released tomorrow. Check early and freauenlmtky as I’m guessing Pop rooms will be done if the most desired! Check ‘Special Offers’ page on Disney website.

I won’t be sleepy much tonight!!

Thank you for this information. I happened to book a room last week for this summer. I don't suppose FD will be offered during the summer since they have the summer deal (which I did not book due to wanting a preferred pool room). So, if FD came out, I'd be on that one. However, luck has not been on my side as of late, so I'm sure the dates won't match up with mine. But I will be on the lookout!

One other thing that was annoying. We saw guests everywhere sitting outside their doors smoking, including the people next to us. It was gross every tie we stepped outside our room.

Ugh...the same thing happened to us when I stayed at CBR last time. Only the smell was coming into our room through the vents. I called the front desk and complained. Didn't seem to do anything though. There are big fines for doing that too, I'm surprised people take that chance.

We are looking to book Pop for December. We need 2 rooms with 2 queen beds in each, hopefully close together. Would we have better luck getting our request in preferred or standard?
TIA

Thank you for this information. I happened to book a room last week for this summer. I don't suppose FD will be offered during the summer since they have the summer deal (which I did not book due to wanting a preferred pool room). So, if FD came out, I'd be on that one. However, luck has not been on my side as of late, so I'm sure the dates won't match up with mine. But I will be on the lookout!

Predictions are SA are getting Aug 2 as a start date but that would be very early here.

Some reputable predictors think end of August (3rd week or later) as the earliest start date, unless they offer a Disney Visa deal of an earlier date.

I would expect POP to sell out very quickly or possibly have minimal rooms to begin with since the renovation/queen beds has made it very popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!