Pop Century Room Renovations

90s is done.
80s is in progress.
Expect them to be working on 70s in September.

Bottom pic is cubbies under sink
2nd is lower cubbies to right of sink
Top is closet cubbies
Awesome. Thank you!
I use a tennis ball, Biofreeze, peppermint foot lotion, and Motrin to take care of my aching feet for the most part. Soaking them is just an added bonus. :)
Okay, alternate idea. Fill the two wastebaskets with ice :)
Someone replied to my comment and said that there *is* a fan in the bathroom but it has a motion sensor and seemed to shut off quickly. It didn't sound like there was a switch to turn in on -- just the motion sensor.
People will just have to start waving their arms wildly every few minutes...

Here are pictures of the shower in the shower only room. The drain in the shower is very unique. The shower is the same size as the former tub, so I don't get why they didn't just put in a tub to make families, and people with sore, achy feet, happy.
I like it!

We are traveling to Disney for the first time in October. We had originally booked a preferred room at POp but now I'm wondering if we should change to standard to try and get a renovated room. Do you think preferred renovated rooms will be available in late October or should we try and change our reservation to standard to try and get a renovated room? I know we are not guaranteed one but we would really like to check them out! Decisions, decisions!

We are traveling to Disney for the first time in October. We had originally booked a preferred room at POp but now I'm wondering if we should change to standard to try and get a renovated room. Do you think preferred renovated rooms will be available in late October or should we try and change our reservation to standard to try and get a renovated room? I know we are not guaranteed one but we would really like to check them out! Decisions, decisions!
I am in the same boat. Going in October and I think I am going to change my reservation to standard. I want a refurbished room if possible.

Just booked our stay for late January in a preferred pool view room. Would be awesome if they were renovated before that - it would be a great surprised for my wife and daughter.

For anyone who has stayed in a refurbed room- how comfortable is the Murphy bed? Is it as comfortable as the regular bed? I am excited to try it and willing to be the one in the pull down for my family-
But, my parents are going to be in a separate room and are concerned that they may not like it.
Thanks to everyone who is there now and taking time out of your trips to take photos, take measurements, and keep us updated!!
:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:thanks:

For anyone who has stayed in a refurbed room- how comfortable is the Murphy bed? Is it as comfortable as the regular bed? I am excited to try it and willing to be the one in the pull down for my family-
But, my parents are going to be in a separate room and are concerned that they may not like it.
Thanks to everyone who is there now and taking time out of your trips to take photos, take measurements, and keep us updated!!
:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:thanks:

I haven't stayed in a refurbished room, but if you go back through this thread there are pictures of the rooms before the beds were made up and the mattresses were "naked". It looks like the exact same mattress on each bed (8" thick with pillow top) so they should be equally comfortable/uncomfortable.

We are going in early December and have a Preferred room. I called a few months ago and put a request in for a refurbished room, so fingers crossed it will work out. I am super worried there won't be any preferred rooms by the time we get there, even though it seems like there will be. Where do you think they will be in terms of refurbs by December? It is just me and my boyfriend travelling so having a refurbed room will be amazing, as we will only need the one bed, so the extra space will be much welcomed. Trying to not get my hopes up too high, and preparing for the worst, but I feel like not getting a refurbed room right now might be a major downer, and start the trip off on a bad note. The pictures have me too excited lol.

We are going in early December and have a Preferred room. I called a few months ago and put a request in for a refurbished room, so fingers crossed it will work out. I am super worried there won't be any preferred rooms by the time we get there, even though it seems like there will be. Where do you think they will be in terms of refurbs by December?

There are preferred rooms in the 70's section so I am sure there will be some completed by December barring something that stops the refurbishments from moving forward. If they're on track to complete all renovations by late spring 2018 then they should be into the 60's refurbs by December I would guess.

I am thinking of booking some nights at pop for April 25 - April 30th next year... barring any unforseen circumstances do you guys think that if I booked a preferred pool view (which I looked and saw are only in 60's section) that we would get a refurbished room? Always avoided values because of the bed sizes but the new rooms would work for us. Again I know it isn't a definite but curious about opinons?

I am thinking of booking some nights at pop for April 25 - April 30th next year... barring any unforseen circumstances do you guys think that if I booked a preferred pool view (which I looked and saw are only in 60's section) that we would get a refurbished room? Always avoided values because of the bed sizes but the new rooms would work for us. Again I know it isn't a definite but curious about opinons?

In the same boat. Trying to decide if I want to do that for our May trip next year. We had swore off value resorts but now with the Queen beds I think we might wanna give them a try again for the price.

I am *obsessed* with the new rooms! I want one SO bad for our trip in September! I'd love to have a stand-up shower room! I search our dates obsessively but no availability. Sadness! I'll be searching searching searching until the cancellation penalty date for our SSR villa.

Everyone cross fingers & toes for me!

Thinking happy thoughts! Pixie dust! Come to mama!!!!

These rooms are beautiful.
I know their is room under the bed for suitcases. But I thought you were suppose to not put your suitcases under the bed because of bedbugs.

There's a pretty good (thick) wood platform supporting the mattress, and really no place to hide from the light. In the genuinely rare occurrence of bedbugs in one single room, under the bed is likely not where they're going to be lurking.

There's a pretty good (thick) wood platform supporting the mattress, and really no place to hide from the light. In the genuinely rare occurrence of bedbugs in one single room, under the bed is likely not where they're going to be lurking.

Just out of curiosity, where will they be hiding? I wonder if the lack of carpet and openness under the bed will make bed bugs hide elsewhere. And yes, the thought of bed bugs freak me out and I put way too much thought into them.

Just out of curiosity, where will they be hiding? I wonder if the lack of carpet and openness under the bed will make bed bugs hide elsewhere. And yes, the thought of bed bugs freak me out and I put way too much thought into them.
We recently had a single solitary bed bug on the Disney Fantasy (ship). Spotted it just crawling on the bed when I opened the top of our first suitcase. We knew right away what it was & sprung into action. They strip searched the room. We were moved to another room. Our bags were all taken and searched by the professionals. A few items they felt they couldn't search 110% they treated (heat). Not a single other bug was found. We all agreed it probably hitchhiked in on top of that suitcase from either the cruise terminal or with luggage coming aboard in the cages. Do some searches on YouTube. Google images of the bugs so you know what they look like. Basically, bring a small flashlight. Pull sheets back at the corners especially the head of the bed and inspect closely. Look in nooks & crannies of furnishings. Definitely look up how to inspect for them. I got a bit lax over the years of travel. Bet I don't fail to inspect ever again. The thought of having to deal with them is soooooo overwhelming.

I check for bed bugs every time we stay at a hotel. They're a horrible nuisance to get rid of. We've never had them (thankfully) but my cousin's family did once. They got them from vacation/the hotel by putting their suitcases on the bed. So before we even bring our suitcases into a hotel room (or if we do, we store them in the bathtub), I check for bed bugs. I pull the corners of the sheets back back and look at the mattress with a flashlight. If there are other soft furnishings (chairs), I also check those (can't really do much about curtains as I am short!). It can seem like a lot of work after a long day traveling, but it's worth it to not have bed bugs!! I've never found a bed bug anywhere we've stayed but still check.

I'm impressed that the Fantasy checked everything and even heat treated for you! But a little scary to me that it seems the lone bedbug might have ended up on your suitcase from being packed in closely with other suitcases. This makes me wonder if I should be checking our suitcases right off the baggage carousel. Bed bugs are so gross!!

Yes, the mattresses on the beds are identical. I've heard nothing but good reports on the comfort of the mattresses on both beds.

I was just going to ask about this. I have an issue where I get really bad hip pains that radiate down the sides of my legs when I sleep on a hard mattress in a hotel. It actually wakes me up several times a night. At home I have a Tempurpedic and never have this issue. I can't stay at the values anymore because of this...the beds are SO hard. I have only not had this issue at the Deluxes and Swan/Dolphin, but I like Pop and wish it were an option for solo trips or when I take my kids and DH doesn't come (kids LOVE Pop).

Hope these beds are better than the old ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter