Pop Century to Portofino Bay with a stop at Walmart using Lyft or Uber.

MDH

The Dude
Ok, looking for any suggestions. In August I will be needing to move from Pop century at Disney, to Portofino Bay. We will be leaving in the morning. My wife and my friends wife want to stop at the walmart on Turkey lake rd. to pick up some coolers and snacks. I won't have a rental car. I want to take a Lyft or Uber. Can anyone help me with the logistics? I know I can schedule waypoints in lyft ap, but I have no idea how long they will wait for us at the waypoint, we'd likely be 20 minutes inside (someone would stay in the car).

Does anyone know if they'll allow a 20 minute stop? Can I just pay extra out of pocket to do so? Will we be forced to take all of our luggage out, have someone sit with it outside walmart, and then call for a new Lyft? 3rd and most unappealing option is to go all the way to portofino originally, then take a lyft back to walmart with no luggage.

Thanks for any insight!

Maybe it would be cheaper to take Lyft directly to the PBH when you switch hotels and make the food/snack run after you check in to the new hotel

Most private car services charges $50 for a one way ride and include a free 30 minute grocery stop

Figure out which transportation set up will be cheaper for you

No idea if Lyft allows a grocery stop and wait for you while you shop

In the other thread, @bumbershoot suggested a rental car and I concur.

Look into Hertz, I believe you can pick them up on Disney property and return on Uni property. You'd have whatever flexibility you needed and it would probably be cheaper.

In my experience it really depends on your driver. I’ve gotten in and said hey is it okay if I give you x $$ to wait for me. Some have said yes, others have said no.

If it were me and you were dealing with 4 adults I’d just get 2 Uber’s. Half of you can take the luggage and go check in, half of you go to Walmart. That way you don’t need the driver to wait and can call for a new car (since you don’t have to worry about luggage). Since you should be able to do smaller cars instead of the xl the price might work out to close to the same, plus you can speed up the check in process.

In my experience it really depends on your driver. I’ve gotten in and said hey is it okay if I give you x $$ to wait for me. Some have said yes, others have said no.

If it were me and you were dealing with 4 adults I’d just get 2 Uber’s. Half of you can take the luggage and go check in, half of you go to Walmart. That way you don’t need the driver to wait and can call for a new car (since you don’t have to worry about luggage). Since you should be able to do smaller cars instead of the xl the price might work out to close to the same, plus you can speed up the check in process.

Good option! I'm not a fan of renting/driving so I'd be more likely to book a car service such as Tiffany Town car that includes a grocery stop. Not the cheapest option, but pretty close to the above I would think, and stress free.

As I said in your other post, I'd just order food and have it sent to the hotel. I see no benefit to going to Walmart when you don't have to. :) Instacart is fabulous. You can have a cooler shipped via amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter