Pop Standard Rooms Already Sold Out in February? Is It Really That Busy?

jbee

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

I'm planning to stay at either Pop or Riverside from February 6th-14th, 2018. I wanted to book this week and noticed that standard rooms aren't available for that range of dates at either resort. I was thinking I may have to do a split stay or just cough up the extra money for a preferred pool view (even though we have no use of it). But before I do that I was just wondering:

- Are these rooms really sold out? Or has Disney released only a certain number of rooms at this point? Would it be best if I just called them directly to book rather than book online?

- Or if they really are sold out, does this indicate crazy crowds for February? I've haven't been during February in some time but I was under the impression it was low to moderate crowd-wise.

I've never booked directly through Disney (always used a TA) and the longest we've stayed was 7 days, 6 nights so I'm not sure if either of those factors play into the issue. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Try looking at a variety of dates within your date range. I was able to see availability for standard pool view (but not just standard) for Feb 6-9 AND Feb 10-14. The online reservation system is a bit quirky. Your best bet may be to call.

I wound up booking the preferred room at Pop for the 6th-14th and figured I'd try checking back later for standard availability.

We stayed at pop a few years back around the same time and it was all cheerleaders and South American tour groups. Maybe that plus renovations is adding to the reduced inventory?

Ummmmm...not only for those dates, but I was looking ahead just for fun to our November 2018 dates and NOTHING is available at any hotels. That can't be right. What is going on here??? Didn't 2018 dates just get released??

Ummmmm...not only for those dates, but I was looking ahead just for fun to our November 2018 dates and NOTHING is available at any hotels. That can't be right. What is going on here??? Didn't 2018 dates just get released??

I wondered about this at first, too. I think it is because Disney only books online at 499 days out. So 499 days from today would be early November sometime. I imagine they will release the Thanksgiving dates sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. At least that is what I am hoping! It's difficult trying to plan out a year of vacations when pricing for one of those vacations (likely one of the more expensive ones, just due to the time of year) isn't yet available. It's a little frustrating (so is how Southwest Airlines only releases a few months at a time)!

An update! After making my reservation for the preferred room at Pop for my dates, I was able to go into MDE and change my reservation to a standard pool view. Still not the standard category but still cheaper than preferred. But I just tried searching my dates again out of curiosity and the standard pool view appears as unavailable. So I'm not sure what's going on but whatever it is, I wouldn't get discouraged by lack of availability at first glance.

Try in a few weeks. I am looking for time in mid November, but by my calculations I will not be able to book until the second week of July because of the 499 day rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter