Pop vs. Music?

choover2576

Mouseketeer
We've only stayed at Pop and the resort works well for us. We enjoy:

1. The food court
2. Being by the lake
3. Dedicated Bus
4. Theme

Looking at our dates, Music is $400 cheaper. Does Music share buses with other resorts? If so, that would be a deal breaker for us. Does anyone have any comparisons of the 2 resorts?

TIA!

They do share buses with the 2 other All Star Resorts (Sports and Movies) most of the time. Also, you are in the middle of the pick-up sequence so you run the risk of Sports filling up the bus before it gets to you. We have stayed at both and like both resorts, but Pop would be our pick due to the Dedicated bus service.

I stay at Pop a lot and recently stayed at Music. They are very similar in most regards as far as amenities and even hotel construction. Pop though has a better location and never shares buses. Music seems like it is far away from some destinations. We didn't share buses too often when I was there in October, but it depends on the crowds. Once the bus did stop at another All-Star property. I did stay in the Family Suite at Music though, and that room was so great because it had two full bathrooms. I don't know of any other rooms like that and it was worth it.

They do share buses with the 2 other All Star Resorts (Sports and Movies) most of the time. Also, you are in the middle of the pick-up sequence so you run the risk of Sports filling up the bus before it gets to you. We have stayed at both and like both resorts, but Pop would be our pick due to the Dedicated bus service.

The All Star resorts RARELY SHARE BUSES. I think the bus service at the All Stars is better as the resorts are so much smaller there are fewer people fighting for space on that bus.

Even on the odd occasion they do share, the resorts are right next to each other. It is not a big deal, and adds maybe 5 minutes to the ride.

I've stayed at the Pop too, and I can tell you I can do a lot with an extra $400. To me the Pop is not worth it.

For us POP would be only choice.

Is there nothing open at ASSp or ASMo?

There are reasons why ASMu usually has availability and lower rates.

For us POP would be only choice.

Is there nothing open at ASSp or ASMo?

There are reasons why ASMu usually has availability and lower rates.

There is availability at Movies and Sports, but it is only about $170 cheaper than Pop and that savings doesn't seem worth it to me.

Thank you for all of your replies!

We were at Music this past week, and only shared a bus late one night leaving MK. Otherwise liked both, really enjoyed theming of Broadway section we stayed in at Music, which was also closest to front w/o preferred. Food Court seemed more spread our, less crowded than at Pop.

The 3 All Star resorts do share buses but not all the time.
I've stayed at each value resort except for ASMu but I'm staying there in February.
POP is definitely my favorite but I would definitely stay at AS Sports and maybe ASMo again.
Sharing a bus would not be a deal breaker for me with value resorts.

'Don't mean to start an avalanche...but...does anyone understand WHY the All-Stars share buses?? The volume of people makes that system so overburdened. I love staying at Movies but truly hate the thought of those buses as ASMo is the last on and last off. Grrrrr! Just wondering the logic behind it.

'Don't mean to start an avalanche...but...does anyone understand WHY the All-Stars share buses?? The volume of people makes that system so overburdened. I love staying at Movies but truly hate the thought of those buses as ASMo is the last on and last off. Grrrrr! Just wondering the logic behind it.

We have had 45 nights total at the All Stars over the years and have been on a shared bus a grand total of 4 times. Those times there were maybe 6 other people on the bus. Totally makes sense to me to have one bus pick everyone up.

They rarely share. I've stayed at both the Sports and Music multiple times, and it is on the rare occasion the all stars share a bus.

We have had 45 nights total at the All Stars over the years and have been on a shared bus a grand total of 4 times. Those times there were maybe 6 other people on the bus. Totally makes sense to me to have one bus pick everyone up.
They rarely share. I've stayed at both the Sports and Music multiple times, and it is on the rare occasion the all stars share a bus.

That's encouraging. I'm headed down in March and am so looking forward to it. Thanks for the clarification.

For as much as I love Pop, I would stay at Music to save the money. I did that this summer and stayed at Sports, and loved it! We never shared a bus.

Holy smokes! Pop is nice but no way is it $400 nicer than ASMu. I've stayed at both and would definitely be keeping the $400 difference in my pocket. The bus sharing between the All Stars is way over emphasized on these boards. You can go a whole trip and not experience it.

I think ultimately the bus situation is the biggest deterrent from booking Music. I looked at some pictures and read the Music thread and it seems very similar to Pop. Plus, based on the posts that sharing is not typical I'm leaning towards booking Music. Also, we are planning on Thanksgiving 2018, so since it will be busy maybe they won't share?

We stayed at ASMu Thanksgiving week 2016. If I recall we shared a bus once; going back from DHS at 2 in the afternoon. That was the only time all week. Personally, I liked Pop better mainly for the food court and slightly larger room, but for $400 less I would gladly choose ASMu. Even for $170 less I’d stay at one of the other All-Stars. I haven’t stayed at Sports since they updated their food court, but it looks good.

I've stayed at both resorts.
I love Pop's layout. I hate Music's layout.
I love the theme, the lake, and the vibe at Pop.

Bus service was fine although Pop's has always been better for us. We had a few great stays at Music before we tried Pop, but now, we just have no desire to ever go back.

My only value experience was at Music, and we LOVED it. We loved the food court, the property layout, the pools, the location of the guest laundry machines, and the service was exceptional. This was immediately following Hurricane Matthew. I don't recall sharing a bus even though the crowds were very light that first day after the storm. We had just transferred over from a very disappointing week long stay at SSR and we couldn't believe how much better ASMu was in every way.

I love Pop but for an xtra $400 I would consider ASMU but only in a preferred room location. The one time we stayed there we were in the farthest room in the farthest building. No where near the main building or even the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter