Popup problem

kaytieeldr

DIS Veteran
Moderators: please move this thread to the appropriate forum. I. Can't. Post. There. And contact whoever can fix it?

When is IT ever going fix the bug that repeatedly replace forum pages or posts with the idiotic reward pending screen, or when will TPTB contact the host site for have this fixed? Does any of the DIS staff even read these posts, or care?

Can somebody please email me when/if the problem is ever resolved? I'm outta here.

I think it's only happened on my laptop once, but I cannot go on the DISboards on my phone anymore because it was happening all the time that way. :( Hope they can fix it.

This drives me crazy on my phone. Try using another web browser other than safari if you’re on the phone. Go to the App Store and try brave, I haven’t had this issue while using that.

Yes this is the only website EVER that this happens to on my phone and I've asked many times to have this fixed. Any security people work on these boards?

I used Chrome as my browser and it happens often. Glad I'm not the only one but still wish it was fixed!

I used Chrome as my browser and it happens often. Glad I'm not the only one but still wish it was fixed!
Try the brave browser I’ve had good luck with that one. It takes a little to get used to how it works. I had this issue with the dis and a music forum I frequent and someone over there recommended brave, since then it hasn’t happened.

Moderators: please move this thread to the appropriate forum. I. Can't. Post. There. And contact whoever can fix it?

When is IT ever going fix the bug that repeatedly replace forum pages or posts with the idiotic reward pending screen, or when will TPTB contact the host site for have this fixed? Does any of the DIS staff even read these posts, or care?

Can somebody please email me when/if the problem is ever resolved? I'm outta here.
Best getting use to it. They will not look at the situation. Many. many threads here on this forum over many, many months. I posted a poll back in May, please join in.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/poll-anybody-getting-the-congratulations-you-won-popups.3750988/

Thanks, @Dan Murphy. I voted.

Do the DIS officials not care?

If they don't thats fine I will be getting to a point where i will run ad blocking ONLY for this website. I am a very big proponent of not using ad blockers because websites need to draw in revenue.

I have already eliminated Javascript specific to this site which has killed the popup ads but will take the next stop of blocking all ads in the coming months if it continues to be an issue simply to voice my opinion.

At least I know its not just me. This happens to me frequently too when using my phone. This is the only website it happens on. I would expect it when using public wi-fi. But I didn't expect it when using data from my cell phone carrier (NOT wi-fi), yet there it is. It's only when I'm on my own secured wi-fi, that there is no problem. I used to use safari, then switched to google chrome. I'll have to look into the one mentioned above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter