POR all booked up?

Kristina

DIS Veteran
I have a booking at FQ for Nov 6th - 20th, free dining package but after staying at POR last year I really want to change it to POR. I seriously just love that resort so much more plus my Uncle passed away during our trip to FQ 2 years ago although at the time I thought it was nice and not having stayed at POR, that it'd be fine for this years trip. Now it just feels a bit depressing even though I realise how blessed I am, how lovely it is.

Long story short (sorry) both the website and the person I spoke to said there are no rooms available, not even princess rooms. The website even shows that there are no moderate resort rooms available at all! Should I be worried that it's going to be horribly busy during that time or does anyone know why no rooms would be showing as available or if that should change in the coming weeks? I usually visit late November after Thanksgiving so I'm unsure about this time period.
Thanks! :)

Have you tried phoning the hotel direct? (It's not clear from your post if you've phoned or not so sorry if you have). They may be able to at least say whether there's a chance of a room becoming available (especially if you explain why you want to change). Worth a try?

Have you tried phoning the hotel direct? (It's not clear from your post if you've phoned or not so sorry if you have). They may be able to at least say whether there's a chance of a room becoming available (especially if you explain why you want to change). Worth a try?
Sorry I wasn't clear but yes I did just call. The CM did say to try again and that things sometimes open up. So there's hope but I'm reading now over in another thread that there are practically no rooms at all during November and that it could be down to the resorts that are being refurbed and there just being less rooms. That would seem like bad planning on Disney's part if that is the case.

Ah ok...you might be right with the refurbishments and people (and travel agents) booking elsewhere. I know when I tried to book FQ for next Oct I was told it was sold out (I'm over in the UK and they had the free dining offer). I was offered Riverside instead and booked that so maybe they are offering that first as an option for the locations that have work being undertaken? Doesn't help you I'm afraid and no other suggestion except keep trying and hope someone cancels perhaps? Good luck.

I have checked both the UK and US disney websites and neither show any moderate rooms for those dates.

The issue with the moderates is that CSR is under going a major expansion which in the meantime has reduced capacity and CBR have lost 1/3 of its rooms to make way for the new Rivera DVC Resort.

well, they seem to not have any problems with deluxe either

Standard rooms in AKL gone for October
No rooms in SSR early May

:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter