POR full

ls1222

DIS Veteran
I have been reading on these boards that PO is going to be full Sept-Dec due to CBR rehab. Has anyone stayed when the resort was full? Does this cause a crowd at the food court/bus stop? We usually stay in low season when the resorts are not full. Thank you.

I was there the week before Easter in 1993, and I'm not sure how much things may have changed. It was peak season - the resort did not "feel" full except at mealtimes. The food court in particular was a nightmare. I ate every breakfast and most dinners at Boatwright's just to avoid the throngs. However, that was a long time ago, so it may be better now.

Lori

We were staying at POFQ a couple of years ago (beginning of Dec 2000) and we went to Boatwrights for breakfast one morning. The place was a NIGHTMARE! I think they must have been having some sort of thing going on that week though, because it was packed with teenagers (mostly large football player type boys) so maybe thats why it was so crowded? We rented a surrey bike to ride around, but never really got past 5 miles an hour since the walkways were so crowded so we handed it in early and got a refund. The foodcourt? Well I'm sure you can imagine how it was with all of those boys!! CRAZY!!

Back in the days when Disney was really packed (summer 1997 and 1998) POR was always full in the summer. The resort bustled. You always had neighbors above you or below you, beside you and behind you. Here are some hints that we found:

1. Get up early and have an early breakfast. That way you can be at the parks when the open. Eat breakfast in the food court. It might look busy, but the food court has lots of seating.

2. If you take a break in the day, this is a good time to grab lunch at the foodcourt. Most folks stay in the parks.

3. If you do take a break and don't have a PS anywhere, eat dinner at the food court before going back to the parks. It will not be busy!!

4. Boatwright's is a great place for dinner. Be sure to get your PS. My DH gets the jambalaya, I get the prime rib and my DD had a yummy chicken dish.

5. The food court will be busy from 9 PM to close as folks come back from the parks. If you go during this time, just be prepared for busyness. We love to get ice cream late at night.

6. If the main pool is too busy, use the quiet pools.

7. If there's a long line for the boat to DD take the bus instead. It's faster. Take the boat another time.

8. Catch the park buses in the morning at the South Depot. :p

I am also a little concerned about POR being full. DH and I were excited about booking in the off season because things would not be busy. I honestly dont think it will be too bad, after all, this is the off season, and spreading around CBR guests shouldn't be enough to max out the other resorts. Whatever happens, I definitely won't let it ruin my trip! :bounce:

I've been away from the boards for a week or so but I thought that CBR was scheduled to reopen Dec. 1st? If this is true it will lessen the impact on the other moderates. Also, keep in mind that even though the hotels may be full...the parks won't have as many people as it would if CBR and all the other onsite properties were full. CBR has a lot of rooms so you may not see the impact on the parks themselves.

Hopefully, though, Disney management will gear up for the large numbers during that time knowing that it will be full. One would think...but you never know.

Eek! I'm a bit nervous now! Part of why I love POR is that its so quiet, the idea of it being full is a bit scary!

Dallas_Lady, hope you weren't hoping for too quiet of a time. I noticed your dates are the exact time as the BIG EPCOT pin event. Alot of us have been waiting all year for this. THere will be thousands of us pin collectors all over the place. Since EPCOT is ground zero--at the Millennium Village, during the 19-21 most should be there during the day and zipping around WS or EPCOT to do a savanger hunt. I'm preparing to make my PS for that weekend. Normally I wouldn't do that for a September trip. But considering the event and the numbers of people expected, I'm going to play it safe. If you see a line anywhere in the parks, it will probably be a line to buy pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter