POR room recommendation

beckygeez

Mouseketeer
We've never stayed at the POR before and I'm not sure what room to try to request. Could anybody please give me some recommendations? We have 3 kids 4, 8, and 12. We'll be there for 6 nights and then we're going to the Vero Beach resort. Thanks for any input!!

I think because you are staying w/ 5 in the room then you will have to choose the Riverside AB section. We have 3 children also, and have stayed there in building 15 (it was a great location). But I have read that buildings 14, 18 (smoking), and 27 are also great locations.

With 5 people you will have a room with 2 double beds and a trundle bed. The trundle bed will be underneath the first double bed.

The mansion section does not sleep 5, so you will be in the Alligator Bayou section (my favorite!).

Building 14 is closest to the main building (food, shopping, guest services) and ver close to the main pool. Building 15 is closest to the main bus stop and very close to the main building. Building 18 is also close to the main building - it is a smoking building. Building 27 is close to the main building as well and halfway between bus stops #1 and #2.

I usually request Building 14. Then I request in order Buildings 15, 16, 27 and now 26. I recently stayed in 26 and love this location. In fact, I'm considering making this one my new favorite! It is a little farther from the main building, but it is in a completely quiet area away from the parking lot, quiet pool and pedestrian traffic. :p

We just got back last week and had to stay in AB, because the Mansions had some refurbishing going on. We stayed in building 17. It was non-smoking and right next to the quiet pool. A very short walk to the food court. We've been in building 14 before also. Close to the food court, but not close to the pools. They gave us a choice of rooms to choose from when we checked in.

We were in Lodge 17 just a couple of weeks ago [alas, it feels like forever!] and found it to be a great location. I did not request a specific building, but did request connecting rooms. I also asked to be close to a quiet pool, and not looking at the parking lot. Our rooms 1705-06 were perfect--one was a corner room with two windows, and our view was of the swampy lagoon landscaping. It was great to step outside and see only the lush greenery, and yet our car was just around corner of the building.

The walk to the main bus stop was not bad at all, there's a short-cut across the parking lot that is much quicker than going through the lobby.

Check out the resort map, and just let them know what's most important to you!

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm definitely going to request not looking at a parking lot and then I'm thinking 14, 27, 15, 17. Who knows, we're going in March when it's really busy so I better request a few or I don't stand a chance! Thanks again for all the help!! Julie

We have always requested building 14 - close to the bus stop (1st one at the resort) and food offerings & a nice walk to the main pool. With 5 in a room (Self, DW, DS8, DS6 & DD4) the trundle worked out great & short walks were a priority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter