PORiverside- Any one just back?

H

hallie

How did you like it? Where did you stay? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hallie:
We returned recently from our 6th stay @ POR. We absloutely love this resort and we've stayed at almost all of the deluxes. 4 times we've stayed in AB 27 (my DD's favorite bldg.), and twice we've stayed on the mansions side. I love both areas. We really enjoy the food court, the resort theme, the shade trees, main pool, rocking chairs, and piano guy! The bus transportation runs well, and the boat to DD is pleasant and relaxing. Hope this helps. Have a great time!:D

We justed returned last week from resort. We stayed in building 27, was very convenient, close to food court and small pool which was very nice. Building 14 is the best one because of location but it was being painted. The size of the room was fine. The only
thing that bothered me was that the room was a little dark. We had no problems with the bus transportation. I like the food court having plates, straws and silverware. We used the microwave and toaster in the food court. We had a good stay there.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Is the Magnolia Bend section of PO-R open now? I read that only Alligator Bayou was open at this time. Is PO-FQ open? I also read that it was closed right now, too.

TXMommy-Both the POFQ and Riverside are fully open now. :)

The CBR is going to be closed for rehab real soon though.

We just returned from our 4th stay at PO-Riverside (August 1-6)and we have stayed each time in the Alligator Bayou section. I had actually thought we'd try a Mansion on this trip. I had faxed a request for Building 27 as a 1st choice and a room in Magnolia Terrace as a 2nd choice. At check in, we were told that the Mansions with the more convenient rooms were closed for rehab. The only Mansion rooms he had available were quite a walk. He had our first choice of Building 27 available and we took it - it was a GREAT location.

I can honestly say that we had NO problems - our stay was perfect. I'll try to list the services we used:

Bell Services - had our luggage delivered to our room within 10 minutes.

Food Court - only ate breakfasts there - and late night snacks. Purchased the refillable mugs.

Fulton's General Store - great for souveniers, also has a small convenience store within for the items you forgot to bring.

Housekeeping - brought me an iron and ironing board and extra towels within 30 minutes of my call. Left cute towel creations for our kids and arranged their Disney stuffed animals into cute and reative positions....Pooh holding the remote control and the television on, as if he were watching it.

Guest Services - extremely friendly and helpful

Medicine Show Arcade - our kids spent an evening here and totally enjoyed themselves.

Hair Wrap Station - the young woman was from Puerto Rico and was very friendly!! Did my daughter's hair in patriotic beads and red/white/blue threads.

Sassagoula River Boat - cruises to Downtown Disney - 15 minute relaxing cruise - very enjoyable.

Bus Service - no complaints here. The longest we waited was 10 minutes - no FULL buses.

Ole Man Island - Pool is getting ready for a rehab this winter and it is in need of this, but the pool and the slide are still very enjoyable - even with the ugly fencing separating the pool sections.

Alligator Bayou - Building 27 - a PERFECT location!! We were located 1/2 way between Ole Man Island and the Main Buildings. It was a beautiful walk in the early morning to the food court and again late at night. Lots of wildlife - ducks, birds, rabbits, geckos.

Hope this helps....it's a great resort, and when we walked into the lobby, I felt like I was coming home.:)

Just back 8/8/02-8/15/02. I had requested the Mansions section, 1st choice Magnolia Terrace (was told it was unavailable.....I wasn't clear if it was full or being rehabbed, but some of the posts here make it sound like there was painting going on). 2nd and third choices were Acadian Place and then Oak Manor. At check in time, there only mansions rooms available were in Parterre Place. Tthe CM indicated something might be available at Acadian or Oak Manor (clean and ready to move in) at 4 or 4:40. but he couldn't say for sure. We opted not to wait, wanted to get settled in, so we took the Parterre Place room (9592, I think), it was a first floor corner room, courtyard view. The room was clean and the carpet, bedspreads etc looked fairly new. This room is on the POR end of the building (as opposed to the POFQ end), but it is a long walk to everyplace (the CM pointed out that if we wanted to walk to the French Quarter this location would be closer than the other mansions.....DUH....we didn't plan to walk there! If you plan to go back and forth between your room and the theme pool, playground, food court, bus stops, etc, you will put some miles on your shoes. We didn't go back and forth a lot, but still, everyday to and from the bus was a hike, and it was a fair way to the closest quiet pool, too. It would not have been worth the hassle to move rooms, but I would try to get a closer building if possible the next time.

We stayed in the mansions-Oak Manor-Room 9058. We were on the first floor, overlooking the fountain, and the river. It was beautiful. Very short walk to the food court/main building. There are sections of the Mansions/Bayou that were closed down-it looked as though they were working on it because one of the lots had a dumpster in it. (Not sure of the exact names of the closed sections.) This is a beautiful resort and I am so glad we stayed there. Loved the themeing and bus service was excellent. The mouskeeper was great too!

We also had a great stay Aug 3-9, in the Alligator Bayou Lodge 17. I agree with TwinMom, we also used just about everything she mentioned and found it all wonderful.

We had two connecting rooms for our family of six, my 10 yr. old even slept on the trundle a few nights. We loved the whimsical rustic theme, and found the food court with the refillable mugs to be a great option.

DH and I celebrated our 24th anniversary on the trip, spent a romantic evening strolling around the river loop while the boys hit the arcade. There was truly something for everyone at POR!

The quiet pool was beautiful, we never even made it to the main pool except to check it out when we arrived.

After a couple of great trips to FW cabins, I really enjoyed the more upscale feel to POR. The lobby/shop/lounge/dining area is really nice, and the selcusion and landscaping of the AB section was very peaceful.

We'll be back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter