Port Canaveral Boarding Group Documentation

Corfam

Cruiseketeer
In Port Canaveral, these days what document do you show to boarding line attendant to prove your boarding group number, right before entering the ship? It used to be that you received a boarding group card at the terminal that you showed the attendant. Now that boarding group is assigned at check-in and documented on your check-in paperwork, do you just print this out or do you show something that gets sent to you with luggage tags and key cards. I assume boarding cards no longer are used, but maybe they are in some fashion.

Yes, just print your boarding pass (or have it on your phone). When you check-in, they'll use it to pull up your reservation and check everything. When you board, they'll look at it before you get in line to board and then when you board, they'll scan it (where they used to scan your KTTW card). For some reason, I didn't get that document or the e-mail on our last cruise. When we checked in at the resort to get the bus, they told me my boarding number, and when we checked in at the terminal, I was given a card with the boarding number on it and just showed that to get in line and they did something instead of scanning to record that I'd boarded (stateroom number I think).

Yes, just print your boarding pass (or have it on your phone). When you check-in, they'll use it to pull up your reservation and check everything. When you board, they'll look at it before you get in line to board and then when you board, they'll scan it (where they used to scan your KTTW card).
Thank you for your response @kiford. I wasn't thinking about ID in the Navigator app. My last cruise was in 2019, so it's been a while. I had noticed that KTTW cards no longer appear to have markings for dining rotation, and maybe even muster station (??) so now that makes sense that it's all in the app. I'm surprised that they don't just use the KTTW cards for initial boarding anymore. Since they now use the app for initial boarding instead of your KTTW card, then it sounds like it's one scan (one reservation account) for the whole family instead of a scan of each family member's KTTW card like it used to be (or how I seem to remember it)? From what I've recently read, it seems they still use KTTW cards at exit & re-boarding after daily stops.

When you do online checkin, you will get the PAT documentation from DCL. We just add it to our Apple wallets and show that at the terminal. Lots of people still had paper copies on our last few cruises.

I'm surprised that they don't just use the KTTW cards for initial boarding anymore. Since they now use the app for initial boarding instead of your KTTW card, then it sounds like it's one scan (one reservation account) for the whole family instead of a scan of each family member's KTTW card like it used to be (or how I seem to remember it)? From what I've recently read, it seems they still use KTTW cards at exit & re-boarding after daily stops.
You don't get your KTTW card upon check-in anymore. They will be in an envelope outside of your stateroom. And, yes, for initial embarkation, you scan one boarding pass for the reservation. However, you still use your KTTW card to get on and off the ship at ports of call.

My last cruise was in 2019, so it's been a while. I had noticed that KTTW cards no longer appear to have markings for dining rotation, and maybe even muster station
Yes, your dining rotation is now only on the app. The muster station is on both the app and on your KTTW card.

For the Type A people, you get a QR code. And it is recommended by many that you just print it and hold it in your hand. No fumbling around trying to keep screen on. - from a Luddite. Passport and a piece of paper. Keep your group together.

For the Type A people, you get a QR code. And it is recommended by many that you just print it and hold it in your hand. No fumbling around trying to keep screen on. - from a Luddite. Passport and a piece of paper. Keep your group together.
I've had enough experience and background with technology to not trust it to be there when you need it or for the connectivity to fail you when you really need it, so I usually do print it before I leave home although I often end up using it on my phone. But I do like a backup just in case. Last time was the first time I had neither so it was good to know that they can accommodate and manage even if you have neither.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter