Port of Key West closed?

Sea day? Or Nassau if they can get in there. Unless they were slated for the Naval base dock. That doesn't seem to be affected.

That was two days after we were there! This is the “M” port that was affected (using the key on the docking calendar). We docked at the “B” port on the Wonder and will be docking at B again on our Magic cruise in March.

It appears that Disney doesn't dock at the pier affected, and usually docks at Pier B and occasionally Outer Mole

I believe they have 3 docks. So, they can always shift locations, as long as there are fewer than 3 ships.

The Magic is docked in Key West right now! Its a beautiful crisp day here in South Florida!

This will be an issue on days in the future when 3 ships are slated to visit Key West.

This will be an issue on days in the future when 3 ships are slated to visit Key West.

I looked at the port schedule through March. There are only a handful of days when 3 ships are scheduled to be in port. I only saw one day when the Magic was in port with 2 other ships and the Magic was scheduled for one of the unaffected piers. So I don't think this will have any impact on DCL cruisers.

for the record the damage is not to the dock it is to a 'mooring dolphin' and only impacts the Mallory Square berth.

not too long ago a cargo ship took out a similar 'dolphin' in Port Canaveral and there were concerns here too

as I recall the dolphin was repaired/replaced in just a couple of weeks ...

{A dolphin is a man-made marine structure that extends above the water level and is not connected to shore. Typical uses include extending a berth (a berthing dolphin) or providing a mooring point (a mooring dolphin). }

We will be there on the Wonder on 12/29 with Celebrity Reflection. The Key West docking calendar shows the Magic is there that day instead of the Wonder, but that is a mistake because the Magic is at sea that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter