Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

I have found multiple requests often result in none being granted. But when I stick to one request I have always gotten the request.

I plan to take your advice and fax a room request before my trip. Is 5 to 7 days before still the appropriate time frame?

FYI- I had faxed in a request for:
1)Close to lobby (building 16 or 17 for example)
2) Ground floor.

We are arriving tonight at 10pm and I received 2nd floor and building #36. The opposite of what I had requested and next to the quiet pool being reburbished.

Because I received the text at noon, I had time to call and ask if there was any other rooms closer to what we wanted. There were nice about it, as we hadn't received any requests--ended up: ground floor in building #28.

Yeah I do like the phone better, but sometimes the room assignment team may not see them. Thats why I suggest calling if you get text, or reconfirming at check in.

I had a question from another thread that I'm not sure got answered properly. If I want a mansion room (not Royal), is that something I can request at online check-in and fax? It's just two of us this time, and I made sure not to book a preferred room.

Yes, but when it gets down to a week I'd send the fax confirming garden view and ask mansions. I would not get too picky, but say words like near this, or about this area. Here at WDW we do try to make magic happen whenever we can!

Yes, but when it gets down to a week I'd send the fax confirming garden view and ask mansions. I would not get too picky, but say words like near this, or about this area. Here at WDW we do try to make magic happen whenever we can!

Thanks again! I think the only thing I'd request is a mansion either on a 2nd floor wing or the 3rd floor, not terribly close to the elevators. Beyond that, it doesn't matter. I hope that's not too picky.

I dot really think so. Preferred are pretty close to main building, food courts, south depot bus station

Do I need to make a room request if I have a preferred room?

If you want to be on a specific floor (either first or second) or wanted to be by the pool or right next to the lobby (or away from the lobby) then you do need to make a request.

If none of that matters, and you're happy with whatever room you are assigned, then you don't need to send a request in.

Edit: contradictory adverb.

Last edited:
2012 when I had a POR RGR reserved and they hadn't finshed those yet with construction. They sent me to Polynesian Village, Theme park View.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter