Port Orleans Riverside...Renovations???

cindycviper

Earning My Ears
I was just looking at a website and reading information about the different resort hotels. It is posted that as of April 3rd they began major renovation at Port Orleans Riverside. They stated that they will be contacting everyone with reservations and moving them to another moderate resort. Has anyone else heard about this renovation? We are scheduled to go and stay there July 5th thru the 17th. Does anyone have any opinions about another moderate resort that we may like? If we decide to upgrade to a deluxe resort, I was leaning towards Disney Beach Club Resort. We have 3 children and the pool area looks awesome. Good location too. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:earsgirl:

I was told by Disney Reservations after a long conversation with them that POR was going to have some internal rennovations beginning with the closure of Port Orleans FQ at the beginning of May. They said it would not affect our stay at all. However, we opted to change resorts and chose the Yacht Club. We also have 3 children and there aren't any other moderates besides Riverside that a family of 5 can stay in.

If in fact, Disney decided to close or rennovate Riverside in the same way it will be doing French Quarter, I'm sure everyone with ressies there would be contacted by Disney to make a change. Any changes you make now are at your own discretion. We were not given any cheap upgrade to the Yacht Club because they aren't "closing" Riverside like they are the French Quarter.

Have you ever stayed at the Beach Club Resort or Yacht Club? We originally had reservations there, but changed them to POR. We we saving $1500.00 if we went with a moderate resort. We are now thinking of changing back to Beach Club since I have heard soooo many great things about it. A lot of people have been saying to stay there if money isn't that big of an issue....that it is definetly worth it. Thanks.....

Originally posted by cindycviper
Have you ever stayed at the Beach Club Resort or Yacht Club? We originally had reservations there, but changed them to POR. We we saving $1500.00 if we went with a moderate resort. We are now thinking of changing back to Beach Club since I have heard soooo many great things about it. A lot of people have been saying to stay there if money isn't that big of an issue....that it is definetly worth it. Thanks.....

I've never stayed at either. But I have heard nothing but rave reviews of the Beach Club and the Yacht Club. My good friend returned from the BC yesterday, but I haven't had time to speak with her yet because of Easter. I always liked the look of the BC and YC and only picked POR because they allowed 5 in a room and I have 3 kids. I'm staying a week and I will be paying almost exactly $100 more a night for YC as compared to POR, but I think the deluxe atmosphere, the location to the Boardwalk, and walking distance to Epcot makes it worth it. I know everyone says "You're never in your room" at Disney, but if money isn't an issue, I'll always go deluxe. Just my opinion, of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter