port orlenas reopening?

d-r

<font color=red>l|ll|||ll||ll||<font color=purple>
If this is true, it is great news.
This was posted on radp by a CRO cm, who always has right-on information; I really don't think it is an April fool's, but it is the season so here goes:

"Based on strong guest demand, Port Orleans French Quarter is once again
booking guests for arrivals beginning May 31, 2002. All resort facilities
and amenities will be open and available to guests as of this date,
including the ferryboats to Downtown Disney, and the food court has
reportedly been rehabbed.

Guests who were previously relocated as a result of the POFQ closure will
soon be advised that rooms are available, so that they may contact Disney
reservations if they would prefer to modify their stay back to the French
Quarter."

Love FQ and so glad to hear it is reopening.

Oh - and sorry if this is a stupid question - but what is radp????

I can confirm that all hotel rooms at the Magnolia section of the resort are open for business. Also, all restaurants, pools, etc. are now up and running. The only thing that is indefinitely closed is the boat that takes resort guests to Downtown Disney, due to Port Orleans-French Quarter being completely shut down.

Lrodk, I believe the Sassagoula River Cruise recently began running again.

I've been hearing Sep/Oct for reopening. The new date makes more sense, hope it happens.

radp - short for the newsgroup rec-arts-disney-parks.

I'm a travel agent and we just got a fax from Disney saying that Port Orleans-French Quarter will be making guest rooms available beginning May 31! It goes on to say that all facilities and amenities will be open and available to guests on that date, including the river cruise to Downtown Disney. They say this is due to "strong guest demand". Yay!

The WDW Cast Portal site (an intranet) confirms this. Port Orleans French Quarter will soon be accepting guests and the river ride will become functional once again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter