Portofino Bay Standard Room requests

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
We have an upcoming stay in early December through a convention rate for a Standard room. I've never even been to the resort, is there anything I should request? Or possibly more important, anything I want to be aware of and hope to avoid, like an obstructed view area, dumpster view, crazy long walk, etc? I was thinking about just taking our chances, since this is a bonus trip anyway, but figured I would at least ask if there is some "secret" standard view to request that is something like a sideways view of the bay so it's standard (like the partial savannah views at AKL, Village Green views at BWI, etc). I asked on the PFB thread a while ago but didn't get any replies so I thought I would try a separate thread. TIA! Any advice on rooms or views is appreciated, since I know all about traveling to Disney but very little about Universal and its resorts.

Garden view rooms are fine. Not really much reason to request anything. You just won't be looking at the pool or at the bay. You'll be looking at vegetation. There are really no big eyesores.

Garden view rooms are fine. Not really much reason to request anything. You just won't be looking at the pool or at the bay. You'll be looking at vegetation. There are really no big eyesores.
Cool, I would love to have a trip where I don't have to make a room request and stress over if I get it or not. Is there not a standard view, just garden? I'm pretty sure we chose standard view from the conference site, the only choices were standard king and standard 2 queen. I'll have to check my DHs confirmation to see how it is actually worded - we grabbed it because PFB was the only resort with EP left with rooms open and we wanted to make sure we got it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter