Portofino...tell me I'm not crazy

Magickat

Earning My Ears
My mom and I are looking at a trip this fall. PBH has always been our favorite hotel, but we haven't been there in 12 years or so and are dying to go back. We both remember getting deluxe bay view rooms in the past, and that's what we want for this trip.

However, all official PBH online info says deluxe rooms only have views of the pools...?

However, there are YouTube videos showing deluxe rooms with bay views!

Am I crazy? What an I missing here?

They most definitely do have bay views. We had a 2 queen deluxe room on our last stay. We were in the West Wing. Bay view.

No, it wasn’t. We had a deluxe queen bay view.

Thank you! It's good to know I'm not hallucinating. :)

Do you remember what you requested or what you reserved when booking? I want to make sure I'm asking for the right thing. I would think "deluxe bay view" would do it, but....

Thank you! It's good to know I'm not hallucinating. :)

Do you remember what you requested or what you reserved when booking? I want to make sure I'm asking for the right thing. I would think "deluxe bay view" would do it, but....
I requested upper floor in West Wing.

There really aren't a lot of differences between a standard room and a deluxe room --- a separate shower being the main one. If you really, really want a bay room, I would suggest that you purchase a room in the bay room category instead of the deluxe category and requesting bay.

Thanks! That is something we're considering. However, we like the larger size of the deluxe and the shutters that open the bathroom to the rest of the room. I believe those shutters are unique to the deluxe?

Thanks! That is something we're considering. However, we like the larger size of the deluxe and the shutters that open the bathroom to the rest of the room. I believe those shutters are unique to the deluxe?

Yes the shutters are unique because in the standard room the shower is there.

The actual size of the room isn't much different. Standard rooms are 450 and deluxe are 490.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!