Possibility of Delta offering additional flights?

michellej47

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any thoughts or insights on whether Delta will be opening up any additional flights?

We are (hopefully) going to Disney June 19 - 26 and would prefer to fly. We could drive if we have to, but my husband really hates to drive. Delta has absolutely nothing going to MCO out of my city or even any cities near me. We are Skymiles members and have enough for a free ticket, so we want to go with Delta. American actually has some flights available that I can book now. I can't decide if I want to hold out and see if Delta may add flights or just go with American. If it were up to me, we'd just hold out for Delta but my husband is now saying he may want to wait until July if we can't fly, so looking at some alternatives.

I think you’ll probably see some increased capacity but it won’t be much.

Delta has still been ferrying additional aircraft to the desert for storage. They have also accelerated the retirement of their MD-88/MD-90 fleet which they were operating about 75-80 combined per-COVID. Those aircraft will now exit service by June 2.

Delta also just announced they are retiring their 777’s and anticipate having 7,000 too many pilots out of a pilot base of 13,000.

Absolutely devastating to so many.

It's doubtful that WDW will open until July. I'd be careful about buying flights there for June until they announce when they'll reopen.

I don't think Delta will be adding any flights in June. At this point their June schedule is pretty much set in stone.

I've also seen several thread about June trips being canceled as WDW isn't opening until July. If you book using point at least your points will be refunded to your bank.

For June? Not going to happen, the industry will not be ramping up for more flights at least until the fall, at the earliest and probably not even then. I seriously doubt that Disney will be full open in June.

I agree with the others about Delta probably won't add June flights. But I find it hard to believe you can't fly out of your local airport and not get to MCO on Delta. Surely there's a flight to Atlanta, Detroit, or Minneapolis that you can connect to MCO from there.

Now, if you're only willing to look at NON STOP flights, I could understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter