Possible Christmas Trip

EddieK76

Mouseketeer
Okay so I think we are going to suprirse our children with a trip to DL the 28th of December through January 2nd. Our initial plan is to do Park Hopper, Max Pass, 4 day tickets and stay at Best Western. I then saw the Embassy Suites South was about 70 more in total but not sure if it's worth it to go there for that considering I'd be losing out on the walking distance. What is everyones thoughts? We have NEVER been to DL we are regular 1-2 time a year frequenters at WDW.

The one right across the street apparently. Mainly cause it has complimentary breakfast and for my family that saves us a lot of money which is why I also looked at the Embassy Suites

The one "right across the street" is close, but we prefer more of a suite so we aren't right on top of each other. Embassy can be a 5 min Uber ride, or a trip on ART. We do like Embassy as Buca Di Beppo is in the same parking lot. But right across the street is close if you don't care about the room.

I've never been one to stay at BW before but I am worried about transportation back and forth from the Embassy Suites to DL

Embassy Suites is nicer in pretty much every way. The suites are large and nice and the breakfast is as nice as it gets for free breakfast. I have never stayed at the Best Western but it looks like the basics. It's main draw is being walking distance from the parks. If you take Uber for the Embassy Suites it'll be about another 7-8 dollars each way so factor that into the costs.

I care more about the quality of the food for breakfast than being within walking distance to the parks so I would personally choose the Embassy Suites. But a lot of people really value not needing to take extra transportation to the parks and care less about the luxuriousness of their room in which case the Best Western would be the choice.

We decided on Portofino Suites. It doesn't have breakfast but the price was too good and the space will be great for our family!

I've only been to DLR once, but I think being at one of the hotels right across the street is extra valuable for a first trip. Especially since I imagine it will be more crowded over New Years than it was over the summer, when I went.
You just really have no idea how close everything is, until you've been there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!