Possible Disney College program rejection reasons?

Many things mean a lot to people - for example, if you really wanted to attend a certain college or get a certain job, but life isn't always 'fair'. If you get rejected, you can always re-apply a few months later. There are many people who do the college program as 'older' adults so if you get rejected, don't give up and just keep trying. Also, people aren't posting their countdowns for the heck of it, if you were accepted you'd be excited to share so let them have the countdown! When you (hopefully) get into the CP you can do one!

Many things mean a lot to people - for example, if you really wanted to attend a certain college or get a certain job, but life isn't always 'fair'. If you get rejected, you can always re-apply a few months later. There are many people who do the college program as 'older' adults so if you get rejected, don't give up and just keep trying. Also, people aren't posting their countdowns for the heck of it, if you were accepted you'd be excited to share so let them have the countdown! When you (hopefully) get into the CP you can do one!

Aww, yeah you make a good point. It just means so much to me because my life needs this program NOW. This isn't just about getting to go to Disney Land for me, it's about something so much greater. I would be excited to share my news, but I wouldn't post it every single time I post something here. Yeah, I'd have a countdown but I wouldn't be waving it around in the faces of people who are pending or may have been rejected. But like I said, I didn't know that it's not an intentional thing.

Aww, yeah you make a good point. It just means so much to me because my life needs this program NOW. This isn't just about getting to go to Disney Land for me, it's about something so much greater. I would be excited to share my news, but I wouldn't post it every single time I post something here. Yeah, I'd have a countdown but I wouldn't be waving it around in the faces of people who are pending or may have been rejected. But like I said, I didn't know that it's not an intentional thing.

I would make the argument though that dealing with people who might do that is an important skill to have in order to do the CP. I had a lot of guests do intentional things that were really stupid, or upsetting, or just plain rude/mean. It's all about powering through it and not letting it get to you. It's also an important skill for the CP not to make a judgement based on a first impression. As this board has shown, you made a judgement and one was made right back. In terms of guest interaction, that can cause serious problems.

Out of curiosity, how come your life "needs this program now"? Not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just genuinely curious! If it's personal, please don't feel as if you need to humor me. :goodvibes

I really appreciate all of the info being shared here, but do some of you really have to post how many days you have left till you go on your adventure on threads like this?? It's kind of bragging. How do you think it makes people feel who are pending and maybe even rejected when you're posting "I have 15 days untill I get to go on the adventure you got denied from!" I mean it's not like it's necessary for you to post that

As others have already said, it's part of their forum signature. The part that they didn't mention is that there IS a way to change your settings so that you don't see other people's signatures:

1. Click on "User CP" at the top of the screen
2. Click on "Edit Options" on the left hand menu
3. Scroll down a bit more than halfway, there will be a section titled "Thread Display Options"
4. Uncheck the box for "Show Signatures"
5. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and click "Save Changes"

Presto! No more seeing other people's signatures/any countdowns they have in their signature.

I really appreciate all of the info being shared here, but do some of you really have to post how many days you have left till you go on your adventure on threads like this?? It's kind of bragging. How do you think it makes people feel who are pending and maybe even rejected when you're posting "I have 15 days untill I get to go on the adventure you got denied from!" I mean it's not like it's necessary for you to post that
et

Just a suggestion, but you might want to read the posts that you have contributed to. There has been at least two people who have explained the signatures and why people have them. I'm sorry that you have not been accepted or have been informed of your position with the Co. But theres no need to lash out on others for being excited about doing the program! I hope that if and when you get the program that your a little bit more understanding about things because if your not..your program is going to be miserable. Especially if you have more than one roommate if a silly little thing like a signature upsets you.

When I did my interview I didn't feel a connection with the woman. Has anyone else felt that?She wasn't too friendly like most people say...hmmm..guess it's just me.

I know what you mean. My first interview last year was kinda like that, she was pleasant enough, but not really interested in what I had to say. I was nervous beyond all belief and I kinda stumbled over my words, and she didn't seem to help me any. She just kinda read the questions and let me flounder. So, I hung up feeling worse and kinda depressed.

When I applied again, I had a different woman who knew I was nervous and started to make me laugh to calm me down. She even helped me when I was honestly baffled by a question. (It was a situational question, and since I didn't really know much about the role, she gave me a hint by explaining what I would hypothetically have on my person while working that role.) By the end of the interview I had completely forgotten that it was an interview! So really, it's just luck of the draw...

My second interview lady said that they had interviewed about 300 people that day, and it was only 4:00. So part of it could be that they're listening to EVERYONE basically say the same thing every time they're on the phone. Maybe? :confused3

I guess I understand what you're talking about, cause working at Disney World has been a dream of mine since I was old enough to understand that the people who worked there weren't actually people gifted with magical powers. lol

It's an important thing to everyone here, and the news is something to share because The College Board forum is for people to support each other and give valued advice. You shouldn't take offense to simple things like this, because it's not meant to be something mean-spirited, it's just to inform people who are pending that "Yes, it is possible for your dreams to come true too. Just be patient." And besides, it also helps that when you see someone comment on a question you have that they've actually been in the program before and know what they're talking about. Or that they've gone through the interview process and the pending process before you and they understand what you're feeling.

I would make the argument though that dealing with people who might do that is an important skill to have in order to do the CP. I had a lot of guests do intentional things that were really stupid, or upsetting, or just plain rude/mean. It's all about powering through it and not letting it get to you. It's also an important skill for the CP not to make a judgement based on a first impression. As this board has shown, you made a judgement and one was made right back. In terms of guest interaction, that can cause serious problems.

Out of curiosity, how come your life "needs this program now"? Not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just genuinely curious! If it's personal, please don't feel as if you need to humor me. :goodvibes

Okay jeez calm down, you guys don't need to make such a big deal out of my comment as if I said the worse thing possible so you all need to jump on my back and correct me. It was a misunderstanding, lets all move on already.

I've been going through a lot and this program would change my life drastically. It's not just about getting to goof off at Disney Land for me this experience would give my life the boost it needs.

et

Just a suggestion, but you might want to read the posts that you have contributed to. There has been at least two people who have explained the signatures and why people have them. I'm sorry that you have not been accepted or have been informed of your position with the Co. But theres no need to lash out on others for being excited about doing the program! I hope that if and when you get the program that your a little bit more understanding about things because if your not..your program is going to be miserable. Especially if you have more than one roommate if a silly little thing like a signature upsets you.

The signature didn't upset me oh so much. I was just saying I think it's insensitive if people are posting that intentionally left and right every time they say something and it is. It's great to be excited, but you don't have to gloat about it in front of people all the time

Okay jeez calm down, you guys don't need to make such a big deal out of my comment as if I said the worse thing possible so you all need to jump on my back and correct me. It was a misunderstanding, lets all move on already.

I've been going through a lot and this program would change my life drastically. It's not just about getting to goof off at Disney Land for me this experience would give my life the boost it needs.

I tried to word my post in a way that you wouldn't be offended. I wasn't trying to correct, only offering the suggestion that if you jump to conclusions you might have a lot of trouble on the CP. Also, I was not insinuating you intend to goof off in any way, shape or form.

I tried to word my post in a way that you wouldn't be offended. I wasn't trying to correct, only offering the suggestion that if you jump to conclusions you might have a lot of trouble on the CP. Also, I was not insinuating you intend to goof off in any way, shape or form.

I feel that people are taking my comment way too seriously as if I've said something tremendously offensive when all I did is say that for some people who may be pending or may have been rejected, it may be like someone's showing off and bragging. People act like I'm in the wrong for saying that? I didn't realize that the signature thing isn't something you do on purpose.

I didn't think you were insinuating that I would goof off. My point in saying that is that getting accepted to this internship would mean so much more to me than just going to Disney Land and getting to goof off.

I feel that people are taking my comment way too seriously as if I've said something tremendously offensive when all I did is say that for some people who may be pending or may have been rejected, it may be like someone's showing off and bragging. People act like I'm in the wrong for saying that? I didn't realize that the signature thing isn't something you do on purpose.

I didn't think you were insinuating that I would goof off. My point in saying that is that getting accepted to this internship would mean so much more to me than just going to Disney Land and getting to goof off.

It's not more what you said, it's HOW you said it. You posted that on at least two different threads and just sounded like you were really pissed off about them and came off as a little bratty. I understand why you posted what you did (I haven't been accepted for a PI--yet, hopefully--so I know how it feels to see other people who have been accepted already posting about it), but I'm not going to deny them their happiness by telling them to not put it in their signature. I get that you misunderstood about how the signature coding worked, but even after people tried to explain it to you, you still came off as a little bratty--and that's why people have been so annoyed with their posts.

No one is trying to upset you or anyone else who is pending/hasn't been accepted. They're just excited and want to have it in their signature. That's all.

Can we all just stop right here at this?

It's not more what you said, it's HOW you said it. You posted that on at least two different threads and just sounded like you were really pissed off about them and came off as a little bratty. I understand why you posted what you did (I haven't been accepted for a PI--yet, hopefully--so I know how it feels to see other people who have been accepted already posting about it), but I'm not going to deny them their happiness by telling them to not put it in their signature. I get that you misunderstood about how the signature coding worked, but even after people tried to explain it to you, you still came off as a little bratty--and that's why people have been so annoyed with their posts.

No one is trying to upset you or anyone else who is pending/hasn't been accepted. They're just excited and want to have it in their signature. That's all.

oh wow. I really wasn't pissed off or upset and my intent wasn't to argue and start drama. I didn't think that me asking people to be considerate of others would come off as "denying their happiness". Although they're apart of the DCP program whether people see their signatures or not so technically, I wasn't denying them of anything. But I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't think it would become such a huge deal. Btw, I only posted it here and somewhere else before I understood how the site works.

I also didn't mean to come off as bratty, I just felt like multiple people were jumping down my throat when I hadn't been offensive or rude.

I'm a former campus rep for the CP and I can honestly say there are numerous reasons as to why you may be rejected. Thousands of people apply each semester.

I do agree with the posted who said do not agree to any role that you would not want to do. I know of numerous students who said yes to get accepted and then hated their cp due to job or some that even quit to come home because they thought they could switch jobs.

Good Luck to all! The CP was the best 8 months of my life. My roommates from the program are still my best friend to this day even though we are all spread across the coutry.

No, I felt that with my interviewer as well. She was very clipped and not very warm and rushed through the entire interview and barely gave me time to finish my answers to her questions, and she refused to let me talk about what work location I'd really like. I know work locations are just noted and not guaranteed, but it would have been nice to be able to explain why I wanted in certain locations! When I asked her open ended questions, she answered them in one word answers, and just didn't seem to really care. It was about a 7 minute long interview! She was polite, but I didn't feel a connection with her at all, and I honestly thought I had blown my interview. I did end up getting accepted, and I'm really sorry that you didn't ):

My best advice is to try again for the Spring 2013 semester! You'll have more college under your belt and will hopefully get interviewed by someone new.

.....I just applied to the DCP spring 2013 term and had almost te EXACT same experience. Its not that I felt I bombed my interview/questions but I want given the chance to show who I really am and why I think I'm perfect for the program. The lady I had was the same way, she rushed through it. It lasted maybe 10 minutes. I was expecting/prepared for 20. I had done hours of research on possible questions :surfweb: :coffee: and wasn't asked 90% of the questions I had expected. She asked me about 1 question per role i was trying to apply for, and she didnt let me tell her why im a good fit for each one. For all she knows i just randomly picked them "just because". She wasnt warm/personable and I felt rushed and pressured.....which only made my voice shaky and Im afraid maybe I talked too fast because I was SO nervous. I know I tripped over some of my words....after I hung up I had a total meltdown and now I'm afraid I blew it. These next 2 weeks will be never ending. I'm panicking. I made it that far to have a bad interview/blow it :,(
:sad::sad::sad:

Anyone else have this experience? What ended up happening?

....how can they fairly gage your personality/ where to place you. Anybody know their selection process?

.....I just applied to the DCP spring 2013 term and had almost te EXACT same experience. Its not that I felt I bombed my interview/questions but I want given the chance to show who I really am and why I think I'm perfect for the program. The lady I had was the same way, she rushed through it. It lasted maybe 10 minutes. I was expecting/prepared for 20. I had done hours of research on possible questions :surfweb: :coffee: and wasn't asked 90% of the questions I had expected. She asked me about 1 question per role i was trying to apply for, and she didnt let me tell her why im a good fit for each one. For all she knows i just randomly picked them "just because". She wasnt warm/personable and I felt rushed and pressured.....which only made my voice shaky and Im afraid maybe I talked too fast because I was SO nervous. I know I tripped over some of my words....after I hung up I had a total meltdown and now I'm afraid I blew it. These next 2 weeks will be never ending. I'm panicking. I made it that far to have a bad interview/blow it :,(
:sad::sad::sad:

Oh man- quite unfortunate to get someone who seems to be in a rush- every interview i've had with Disney Programs/Internships has been with a nice person who has smiled and laughed, whether it was for a CP or PI. I guess I was lucky in that respect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter