Possible to modify Tier 2 FP to a Tier 1 after using a Tier 1?

DisneyisaBLAST

Earning My Ears
So I know you can only book 3 FPs per day and you have to use all 3 before being able to book a 4th. I also know you're limited to one Tier 1 FP per day. Now for my very specific question...

Let's say I've tapped the Tier 1 attraction. Can I then modify an existing Tier 2 and change it to a Tier 1? Is this possible or will the system only show Tier 2 attractions to modify until all 3 have been used?

EDIT: I think this thread addresses this (Post #3 and Post #5). I'll leave this up for anyone that stumbles onto it from search engines as I had some trouble finding it in the first place

Last edited:
The only way you can do this is by park hopping. If you book one tier 1 in EPCOT, after using it you can book a 2nd tier 1 in HS, for example. That is with booking one at a time. Don’t know if that would work modifying fastpasses that are already booked.

I've heard conflicting information on Pandora specifically. I've heard that those rides are not "true" Tier 1s and that FPs for them just can't be held together at the same time. Then elsewhere I'm told that it's not possible to modify a Tier 2 to a T1 there unless you've used up your first 3 FPs. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but I suppose I'll have to test it for myself.

I've heard conflicting information on Pandora specifically. I've heard that those rides are not "true" Tier 1s and that FPs for them just can't be held together at the same time. Then elsewhere I'm told that it's not possible to modify a Tier 2 to a T1 there unless you've used up your first 3 FPs. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but I suppose I'll have to test it for myself.
Even if you try to Modify your Tier 2, a Tier 1 does not show as a choice.

Cancel a Tier 2 after using a Tier 1 and the system will only show Tier 2s as available.

But when park hopping, you can have a Tier 1 in Park#1 and then as soon as you use your FP#1 in Park#1, you can book a Tier 1 for Park#2.

The FP FAQ Addendum that you've linked is correct. :)

Even if you try to Modify your Tier 2, a Tier 1 does not show as a choice.

Thanks for clarification. Do you know if this has always been the case for Pandora? Or was there a period of time that permitted this type of T2 modification?

Thanks for clarification. Do you know if this has always been the case for Pandora? Or was there a period of time that permitted this type of T2 modification?
I don't believe that type of Modification ever occurred. You may be thinking of the 10 minutes or so when the Pandora FPs were added to the system and IT then needed to input the tiering.

At that time, those who were refreshing like crazy on that morning scored FPs for both NRJ and FoP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!