Possible Trip in 2 Years

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
My son proclaimed when he is 10 he wants to go to Tokyo - for Pokemon reasons and Disney (2 1/2 years away).

No clue if this could be a reality, but why not research.

My first start off questions are - what is the weather like and crowds like during the last two weeks of August???

Second - slightly unrelated - is there a Pokemon theme park or museum or something that we could visit that is close to the area that Disney is in?

Thanks!

I don’t know about crowds but I think it’s pretty darn hot and humid in August.

There might not be anything Pokémon related right by Disney but there are lots of stores and cafes in Tokyo in the city.

“Japanese schools have three semesters, separated by vacations. At most schools, summer vacation covers the 40-odd days from July 20 to August 31; winter and spring vacationboth last around 10 days, from December 26 to around January 6 and March 25 to around April 5, respectively.”

Here is a crowd calendar in Japanese. Click the red left banner for Tokyo Disneyland or the blue right banner for Tokyo Disneysea. The oval icon on the left is for previous month and the oval icon on the right is for next month. This forum won’t let me type the non-English words. You can try with Google Translate.

A1C70B25-C88B-46B4-9000-EFD31C35CB2D.jpeg

099226B5-5442-43A5-883E-218BDECFC697.jpeg

It seems manageable from Tuesday to Thursday. Tokyo Disneysea is less crowded on Friday than TDL. You should definitely avoid Saturday and Sunday. We will be there from Tuesday to Friday in the first week of July.

Hope this helps!

“Japanese schools have three semesters, separated by vacations. At most schools, summer vacation covers the 40-odd days from July 20 to August 31; winter and spring vacationboth last around 10 days, from December 26 to around January 6 and March 25 to around April 5, respectively.”

Here is a crowd calendar in Japanese. Click the red left banner for Tokyo Disneyland or the blue right banner for Tokyo Disneysea. The oval icon on the left is for previous month and the oval icon on the right is for next month. This forum won’t let me type the non-English words. You can try with Google Translate.

View attachment 369366

View attachment 369365

It seems manageable from Tuesday to Thursday. Tokyo Disneysea is less crowded on Friday than TDL. You should definitely avoid Saturday and Sunday. We will be there from Tuesday to Friday in the first week of July.

Hope this helps!
thank you so much. good to know that earlier in july is still before japanese school lets out (if that affects crowds). so my/kids spring break will most likely be the week of march 29th in 2021. so sounds like that would be spring break in japan as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts