Post 2016 Marathon Weekend / Training in 2016

How many miles did everyone get last week?

I got 18 for a drop-off of 37 miles from the previous week....

I took most of the weekdays off but still cranked out 25. Legs felt tight on mile trail run on Saturday, but felt really good on Sunday.

How many miles did everyone get last week?

I got 18 for a drop-off of 37 miles from the previous week....

40 for me last week. I took two days off following the Goofy, and then back to hitting the miles. All easy pace, though. Still haven't done a 'quality' workout all year!

Today was a Hanson strength workout for me. Did 6 1 mile repeats with quarter mile rest intervals. The legs felt pretty good. I think my pace was slightly faster than when I went through Hanson's last time. It's sad because I need to drop another 20 seconds to hit my goal BQ time. I have a feeling it's going to be a long hard year.

Today was a Hanson strength workout for me. Did 6 1 mile repeats with quarter mile rest intervals. The legs felt pretty good. I think my pace was slightly faster than when I went through Hanson's last time. It's sad because I need to drop another 20 seconds to hit my goal BQ time. I have a feeling it's going to be a long hard year.

Apologies if I missed it, but are you training for a specific race or just going through the cycles? Assuming its the latter are you following a marathon training plan week for week?

Apologies if I missed it, but are you training for a specific race or just going through the cycles? Assuming its the latter are you following a marathon training plan week for week?

Right now I am training for two separate events. I'm running Tobacco Road in about 8 weeks. The goal for that full is to be 3:30 or under. A couple of weeks after that I'm doing my first trail ultra, but the pace will be much slower for that. Later in 2016 is when I'll shoot for a BQ time.

If anyone is interested, I posted a detailed explanation of how I created my custom Hansons training plan for my next marathon in May in my journal as promised. There isn't much difference between it and the standard Advanced plan, but that's because my current pacing falls in line with my general guidelines for overall training time. The plan for Chicago will be a little different.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/to...adger-comments-welcome.3475601/#post-55004772

Ive got gasparilla and the amber challenge up next with excalibur 10 miler then dark side to round off the season.. Still debating on fall races besides space coast half in nov then donald again in Jan:)

Sorta the same. GSC for February, Excalibur 10 mile for March, Dark Side Challenge for April. Sprint Tri for August, 70.3 half Tri for November. Everything else is up in the air.

Ohh and specifically I am doing the last 8 weeks of hanson's advanced plan.

If anyone is interested, I posted a detailed explanation of how I created my custom Hansons training plan for my next marathon in May in my journal as promised. There isn't much difference between it and the standard Advanced plan, but that's because my current pacing falls in line with my general guidelines for overall training time. The plan for Chicago will be a little different.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/to...adger-comments-welcome.3475601/#post-55004772
this was really interesting. Chicago is a really fun run, and your training should put you in a really good place to perform well there.

Sorta the same. GSC for February, Excalibur 10 mile for March, Dark Side Challenge for April. Sprint Tri for August, 70.3 half Tri for November. Everything else is up in the air.
I'm always impressed by anyone that can do a half ironman

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter