Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

At our friends dairy farm in Wisconsin. Not a campground, but a fun place to be.20151008_183238_zpsdek1n8cccoach.jpg

Another fantastic weekend camping at Sangchris Lake SP. Pentatonix at the Illinois State Fair tomorrow night.
View attachment 260769

Jim, just noticed your Direct TV satellite dish. Curious if you have to just dish point, or just face south. Or, does this position itself doe you. We have Genies, and would like to use this when we camp as well. Old fuddy duds! When we last looked, they are about 1500.00? Thanks for any input. Nice campsite, BTW.
j

Jim, just noticed your Direct TV satellite dish. Curious if you have to just dish point, or just face south. Or, does this position itself doe you.
I wish it was an automatic. This one is completely manual. I'm too cheap for the automatic ones, plus they don't make a reasonably priced automatic HD one for Directv. I've been doing this for so long, I can generally have it setup in about 10 minutes, unless there are a lot of trees. I have an app on my phone (Dish Aligner) that uses the phone GPS to calculate azimuth and elevation and a locator function to point you in the right direction. It helps get you in the vicinity, but you still need someone at the receiver calling out signal strength to get it fine tuned. For my old SD dish, I had a signal strength meter that went inline on the coax cable, but it doesn't work with the single cone SWiM dishes. I have the Genies too. I bought the SWiM splitter and power inserter when I bought the dish and installed it in the camper so it is ready to go. All I have to do is set the dish and align it. The camper came with separate satellite coax going to the living room and front bedroom. I took the antenna/park cable wire to the midbunk and basement and hooked it into the SWiM splitter so I can have satellite everywhere. The only draw back is you can't get regular antenna without switching the wires back.

j

As Dairy Farmers as well in Wisconsin, kudos to you for living the life of a dairy farmer for a fun time. No doubt, then, you noticed our dairy aire! We love our Illinois visitors to Wisconsin. I am nice enough not to use the nickname!!
I work at a waste water treatment plant, so I'm used to it. It's a great getaway without the admission fee! We all pitch in to get chores done so they have time to relax.

I wish it was an automatic. This one is completely manual. I'm too cheap for the automatic ones, plus they don't make a reasonably priced automatic HD one for Directv. I've been doing this for so long, I can generally have it setup in about 10 minutes, unless there are a lot of trees. I have an app on my phone (Dish Aligner) that uses the phone GPS to calculate azimuth and elevation and a locator function to point you in the right direction. It helps get you in the vicinity, but you still need someone at the receiver calling out signal strength to get it fine tuned. For my old SD dish, I had a signal strength meter that went inline on the coax cable, but it doesn't work with the single cone SWiM dishes. I have the Genies too. I bought the SWiM splitter and power inserter when I bought the dish and installed it in the camper so it is ready to go. All I have to do is set the dish and align it. The camper came with separate satellite coax going to the living room and front bedroom. I took the antenna/park cable wire to the midbunk and basement and hooked it into the SWiM splitter so I can have satellite everywhere. The only draw back is you can't get regular antenna without switching the wires back.

j

Thanks for the info. We are temporarily living in our fiver, as our son and wife bought our home. Just building up the road at our farm in the woods. As we had direct tv, the technician mounted the satellite to a tree (sshhh) by our temporary camping pad, and made our genies work in all three places in camper, so, the satellite is ours, and wondered if we just get the mounting to move to new places when we camp. I will check out the app for dish pointing. Thanks again. Barb

Last edited:
Good looking pictures, Jim.

bjschil, so you're in your 5er for now? I hope your build gets done before the winter comes up there where you are. Do you think you will make it?

Bama Ed

Practicing to see if Google Photos will work for posting pics to the Dis. Not going to pay PB $400 to host pics. :sad2: Google Photos was not working the way I would like for it to have worked so I went with Imgur and it was simple. This is how I will post to the Dis at least for the foreseeable future.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

M63aQYK.jpg

JETS70, I think it might be time to update your picture. That's an awfully big teardrop LOL

The DW and I just got back from 6 days at Bailey's Point Campground at Barren River Lake attending the annual Fall gathering of the Bluegrass Tearjerkers. We had absolutely beautiful weather, good food and an opportunity to meet a bunch of good people. This gathering had 18 trailers from 6 states (Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania). The trailers ranged from home built to Camp-Inn to Jayco to Airstream to independent builders such as Frank Bear and Vintage Technologies.

My homebuilt Benroy teardrop.
gdw1cdQ.jpg

xQULVSE.jpg

vIjGMHA.jpg

Frank Bear Vintage Technologies
yrnmz3h.jpg

Home built
MQ9rvmF.jpg

Home built
D5jocvI.jpg

Home built
glOTr9t.jpg

Camp Inn
1DROgAj.jpg

Home built
1bCic5L.jpg

Frank Bear Vintage technologies
UJ8nDKl.jpg

Jayco. This owner also has a Silver Shadow
kXTwvpA.jpg

Airstream Bambi
DHZYrTF.jpg

And on a side note..........when my son was young and impressionable, he found my "attaché" case of cassette tapes. He became a huge fan of what I would call classic rock. He has surprised me with a trip to a Foreigner concert and this past Thursday he took me to the Bob Seger concert in Cincinnati. :cool1:Thanks again Jordan :thumbsup2:thumbsup2. And let me say that at 72, Bob Seger can still bring down the house. Next up on the concert tour is Alabama in Huntington WVa.
SYeLFzd.jpg

5HECdvn.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!