Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

This is our site in Polk City Florida, August 2017. We stayed here for two and a half months while our house was being finished. It faced out on a pond just off the main lake where there was a resident alligator we named (what else?) Wally. After the site pictures I'll throw in a picture of Wally just for fun!

Last edited:
Last one for awhile, I promise!
So while not quite a campsite, this is where we were hold up during Irma in Sept. 2017. This is in our garage. Camping because the house wasn't completely finished and we didn't have our certificate of occupancy yet. We lost power for 8 days but still had water. The hurricane actually made it right through our development and tore up some houses several streets away. We made out ok with only some minor damage. We moved into the house a month later.

Last edited:
That is quite a story and quite a garage. Quite envious of that set up. I'll be happy if we can build a lean to or a car port to park the rig under.
Thank you. We searched for a place in Florida where we could build a house with an attached garage for the coach. We found this neighborhood by chance and loved it. It checked all the boxes. I'm very thankful I was able to do my job on line and we were able to move up our plans toward retirement. The plan was to retire in Florida eventually. So, we've made it to the location, just need five more years to retire. Unlike many in our neighborhood we aren't snowbirds. This is our full time home. We take our RV trips as we can still waiting for the day we can venture out for longer periods. Until then, I say thanks every day.
EDIT: Almost forgot. Including the cars, we have more garage under roof than dwelling

Fayetteville RV resort.
This was a regular one night stop off of 95 on our trips to and from Florida. I tried to upload a picture of our site but getting an error again. Here is a picture my wife took at the entrance. Thought she done good, looks like an advertisement. Ha!

This is our site at Americamps RV resort in Ashland VA. We have stayed here several times when my daughter was attending VCU as it's very close to Richmond. Right off of 95 it's close to Bass Pro Shops, Green Top, several restaurants of the fast food and sit down variety. I always get that corner spot by request, but it's a pretty good size park so lots to choose from.

One of the first places we went to, Fredericksburg / Washington DC South KOA. This is the only place I have ever stayed at that there was no, I mean zero cell service. (We have Verizon. Maybe people with another carrier would have better luck). So this is how we normally roll.... towels out drying on all the furniture! LOL

This is the only place I have ever stayed at that there was no, I mean zero cell service.
There are a number of state parks in MO that are very remote. Most have fringe service on Verizon, but one (Johnson's Shut Ins) is a complete Verizon dead zone for miles. The ranger station has a sign that says T-Mobile is the only available cell service and it is sketchy. Missouri has started adding wifi in some of their parks and they seem to be focusing on the more remote areas. "Progress", I guess. I'm going to Johnson's Shut Ins in May. We'll see how the wifi is (or isn't). Last time I was there, I had to drive 20 miles for cell service to call DirecTV to turn on a receiver.

j

There are a number of state parks in MO that are very remote. Most have fringe service on Verizon, but one (Johnson's Shut Ins) is a complete Verizon dead zone for miles. The ranger station has a sign that says T-Mobile is the only available cell service and it is sketchy. Missouri has started adding wifi in some of their parks and they seem to be focusing on the more remote areas. "Progress", I guess. I'm going to Johnson's Shut Ins in May. We'll see how the wifi is (or isn't). Last time I was there, I had to drive 20 miles for cell service to call DirecTV to turn on a receiver.

j
So this was in June, 2014. It may have improved by now and it was a little before those cell boosters were as much of a widespread thing. This is why I tell people we use walkie talkies for our communications when my wife is spotting for me. People are so used to using their phones they forget that you still need a signal for them to work even 50' away.

This is our site at Americamps RV resort in Ashland VA. We have stayed here several times when my daughter was attending VCU as it's very close to Richmond. Right off of 95 it's close to Bass Pro Shops, Green Top, several restaurants of the fast food and sit down variety. I always get that corner spot by request, but it's a pretty good size park so lots to choose from.
View attachment 470602
looks nice! On one of our previous trips to the Fort from NY I had a plan to take 95 for most of the way and Americamps was a stop that I was thinking about. My main reason for planning a stay there was because my son and I love going to Bass Pro. In the end we took the westerly route down 81, but maybe one day we will revisit that route.

Our site at Coastal Georgia RV resort. It's right off of 95 at Brunswick Ga. This is another of our overnight stops when we would come back and forth from Maryland. It's a nice place but has pretty narrow roads between rows. I don't unhook as we are only staying overnight and as you can see from the second picture the toad never ends up all on the pavement. Getting out of the spot can be a challenge also due to the same short distances between rows.

I tried posting these earlier but they kept failing. I think they were too big. I cropped them down and it really cut the size here goes. This is the site we normally try for at Fayetteville RV resort. This is one of the larger pull throughs with a concrete patio. Another overnight stop off of 95 going up or back on the east coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter