Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Sorry for being a noob. It's been 9 years since I've flown and it's never been with Southwest. I had a few questions I was hoping some of you experts could help with. Right now the plan is to fly from IND to MCO on May 3. I'm trying to get an idea of when flights are. My son will be in school that day so I'm hoping to surprise him when he gets home by going straight to the airport and taking off, but we also have a little one so we're hoping for something that's not too late so we can get to our hotel at a decent time. I was looking at the times for what's out now for April and noticed the depart times for nonstop are all the same. Do you think they will be the same for May as well or will they add more flights? From what I see there's one leaving at about 2pm then the next one is 7. I'm thinking flights for Thursday will probably be cheaper that flights on Friday, but if need be we could always cut a day off our reservation and fly out Friday. Also I should have enough points for at least 1 of our tickets. My initial plan was to pay for our flights there then wait on the return flights in case the price goes down so we could use the credit on the return home. Would it be best to use those points on our flight from IND to MCO or save them for when we book the return? Since there's only enough points for 1 ticket will I have to book that separate or can I do them all together? Right now our stay is May 3- May 13 (Thursday - Sunday), but we're fine flying either Thursday or Friday out and Sunday or Saturday for the return, preference to whichever is cheaper.

Sorry for being a noob. It's been 9 years since I've flown and it's never been with Southwest. I had a few questions I was hoping some of you experts could help with. Right now the plan is to fly from IND to MCO on May 3. I'm trying to get an idea of when flights are. My son will be in school that day so I'm hoping to surprise him when he gets home by going straight to the airport and taking off, but we also have a little one so we're hoping for something that's not too late so we can get to our hotel at a decent time. I was looking at the times for what's out now for April and noticed the depart times for nonstop are all the same. Do you think they will be the same for May as well or will they add more flights? From what I see there's one leaving at about 2pm then the next one is 7. I'm thinking flights for Thursday will probably be cheaper that flights on Friday, but if need be we could always cut a day off our reservation and fly out Friday. Also I should have enough points for at least 1 of our tickets. My initial plan was to pay for our flights there then wait on the return flights in case the price goes down so we could use the credit on the return home. Would it be best to use those points on our flight from IND to MCO or save them for when we book the return? Since there's only enough points for 1 ticket will I have to book that separate or can I do them all together? Right now our stay is May 3- May 13 (Thursday - Sunday), but we're fine flying either Thursday or Friday out and Sunday or Saturday for the return, preference to whichever is cheaper.

Flights for your dates will be released Monday if you can wait til then!

Wondering if anyone knows how to get around this. When I went to purchase airfare on SW for Xmas, I selected my tickets and by the time I got everyone's info in, the prices had skyrocketed. In fact, we are not even going now, the airfare was so high. Is there a way to type in all traveler's info in before you select flights?
I would call. That what I did. I was booking for six people and two were using points. The lady at SW was very helpful and the price was the same had I done it online.

I am checking in for southwest flights this afternoon. There are two of us flying, do I check-in once for both of us or is it two separate check-ins? Thanks - I don't fly much!

I am checking in for southwest flights this afternoon. There are two of us flying, do I check-in once for both of us or is it two separate check-ins? Thanks - I don't fly much!

Once if you're on the same itinerary (confirmation number). Chances are you are.

Does any one have any idea what time of day SW releases the new flights? We're looking for May, so Monday is the big day....just wondering if there is a good time to jump on the computer. I'm so excited, I don't even care if its the middle of the night.

I'm wondering if any of us waiting for the flights to release will be able to sleep tonight!! What time are you going to start checking the website????

I'm wondering if any of us waiting for the flights to release will be able to sleep tonight!! What time are you going to start checking the website????

I'm excited because I'm hoping they offer an early morning direct flight at a good price, but nervous because I can only book our flight down. I worry that when the schedule opens for the rest of June when we need to fly home, the prices will be high. I could drive, but if I already purchased flights down, I'm kind of stuck with flying.

I'll start checking the website at 6am and hope the schedule is released before I go to work at 1:30.

Anybody find good prices? I didn't have any luck. $133 for one way is a little more than I want to pay so I'll keep checking, but there's a good chance I'll end up driving the 16 hours.

Gah!!!

As of right now there are only 3 WGA fares left for my preferred flight down and the flight home that would be perfect is already SOLD OUT in all fares, not just WGA.:eek::eek: The kicker is I'm due for bonus points for opening the SW card but I won't get them til the 12th, so I don't want to book anything right now. Wah!!!!:faint:

I knew I would just miss the cut, we're traveling from my area June 3-9, 2018, but I'm encouraged by some of the rates I'm seeing, less than $300 round trip for the times we want to leave.

Where on the SW site do I go to see when flights for my week will be released?

I knew I would just miss the cut, we're traveling from my area June 3-9, 2018, but I'm encouraged by some of the rates I'm seeing, less than $300 round trip for the times we want to leave.

Where on the SW site do I go to see when flights for my week will be released?

October 26th is the next release. They will open up flight schedules through August 10th.

I've noticed that it will let me choose up to 8 people, but my party will be 9. So, I guess that means I'm calling instead of booking online? How early can I call on October 26 (when the next batch of flights opens)?

I guess I will need to wait until October 26th to book my flights for mid-June. But I have a couple of questions for you all that have flown Southwest. But first here is some background to my question.

I have not flown with my kids on SW before and its been about 7 years since I've flown anywhere. We are a family of 5: DH, myself, DD(16), DS(13), and DS(9). My youngest has never even been on a plane before. We will be flying from CA to Orlando.

The choices for flights that I have (based on May 2018) are:

- 5:30am-10:45 change planes in DAL 1:25-4:55pm $231
- 6:15-9:35am change planes in DEN 10:40-4:15pm $231
- 6:30am-6:10pm - 2 stops in Austin and Ft. Lauderdale, no plane change $127
- 7:15am-8:35am change planes in Las Vegas 930-5:00pm $231
-11:45am-7:50pm nonstop flight to MCO $119

When I first starting looking at flights I just wanted to get to Orlando as early as possible because of the 3 hour time change. But, then I started looking at the airports where I had to change planes and was wondering how much time I need to get to one plane to another?

Then I started to worry about my group getting seats together. My 2 oldest kids are fine to sit next anyone and probably prefer not sit with their parents. But, my youngest has ADHD and has never flown before and I don't know how he will do - as long as he has a charged ipad he should be fine - but, I need to sit next to him. If I took the flight that had the 2 stops I was thinking that we can change seats in Austin and be able to sit all together.

The idea of a non-stop flight is nice too, but we will get there later. The price is good for that flight too (BTW, I have enough RR points to cover all 5 flights but using less would be nice too).

So, any recommendations out there on what flights you might pick if you were my family?

I was very happy to go online today and see I could get an earlier flight for the same price. This is for December. We now get into MCO at 2 PM instead of 10 PM. Will work out much better for my young grandson's sleep schedule, and my father as he'll now get to watch the Packers game. Go Pack!

I guess I will need to wait until October 26th to book my flights for mid-June. But I have a couple of questions for you all that have flown Southwest. But first here is some background to my question.

I have not flown with my kids on SW before and its been about 7 years since I've flown anywhere. We are a family of 5: DH, myself, DD(16), DS(13), and DS(9). My youngest has never even been on a plane before. We will be flying from CA to Orlando.

The choices for flights that I have (based on May 2018) are:

- 5:30am-10:45 change planes in DAL 1:25-4:55pm $231
- 6:15-9:35am change planes in DEN 10:40-4:15pm $231
- 6:30am-6:10pm - 2 stops in Austin and Ft. Lauderdale, no plane change $127
- 7:15am-8:35am change planes in Las Vegas 930-5:00pm $231
-11:45am-7:50pm nonstop flight to MCO $119

When I first starting looking at flights I just wanted to get to Orlando as early as possible because of the 3 hour time change. But, then I started looking at the airports where I had to change planes and was wondering how much time I need to get to one plane to another?

Then I started to worry about my group getting seats together. My 2 oldest kids are fine to sit next anyone and probably prefer not sit with their parents. But, my youngest has ADHD and has never flown before and I don't know how he will do - as long as he has a charged ipad he should be fine - but, I need to sit next to him. If I took the flight that had the 2 stops I was thinking that we can change seats in Austin and be able to sit all together.

The idea of a non-stop flight is nice too, but we will get there later. The price is good for that flight too (BTW, I have enough RR points to cover all 5 flights but using less would be nice too).

So, any recommendations out there on what flights you might pick if you were my family?
I love flying on Southwest- usually land earlier than expected! If you check in exactly 24 hours you shouldn't have any problem sitting together- if it's a real concern get the early bird for you and your son. My opinion is the less stops the better- less chance of delays,etc. I have to tell you too- I was watching flights January-March until they released my dates for April. Flight times changed month to month!! I really wouldn't want to get into Disney at night (we took our 16 family members in 2013 and 2016) Have you thought about coming in the night before and taking Uber to Disney the next day? You could hang out at the pool or take the bus to Disney Springs until check in! If you are on disboards I know you are a planner and you will have a great vacation!!! If it were me :) I would take the nonstop and go a day early!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter