Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

EBCI question. I know that when I change a reservation made with points to credit points back, my reservation still shows the EBCI, but I am wondering if I “lose my place on line” so to speak. Am I still in the place that I was from when I originally purchased or from the modified date?
Thanks for any help that you can offer.

EBCI question. I know that when I change a reservation made with points to credit points back, my reservation still shows the EBCI, but I am wondering if I “lose my place on line” so to speak. Am I still in the place that I was from when I originally purchased or from the modified date?
Thanks for any help that you can offer.
While I have no official confirmation I do believe that any time the reservation is changed (like rebooking for a credit) your EBCI takes on the modified date. We bought 3 tickets together the day booking opened and had changes to 2 of the 3 tickets at a later. When we went online to print our boarding passes the day before the flight the one ticket that hadn’t been modified had a low A # whereas the two that had been modified were in the 50s

So I checked us in for our flight tomorrow and got a message back with my boarding position (A-36) and that my three kids have to be checked in at the airport. I called and they said they don't have any further information, but my kids can board with me. They said that there isn't any info missing like date of birth or anything that usually causes this. Why doesn't their help desk have any further information than what I myself can access? I don't really understand the point of a help line that is limited to viewing what the passenger themselves can view. Has anyone had to do this, check in kids separately? I hope it doesn't take a long time!

While I have no official confirmation I do believe that any time the reservation is changed (like rebooking for a credit) your EBCI takes on the modified date. We bought 3 tickets together the day booking opened and had changes to 2 of the 3 tickets at a later. When we went online to print our boarding passes the day before the flight the one ticket that hadn’t been modified had a low A # whereas the two that had been modified were in the 50s
That makes things interesting. The amount of points refunded needs to then be enough to make it worthwhile to change your EBCI place. Hmm

I've read most of the stroller comments - to confirm, I can use our stroller with a child in the airport up to the gate, and then I need to check it? And, I later pick it up at baggage claim? So, then, if we're doing Disney Magical Express, we would still have to go to baggage claim to get our stroller? Or, just put one of the DME tags on the stroller itself?

I've read most of the stroller comments - to confirm, I can use our stroller with a child in the airport up to the gate, and then I need to check it? And, I later pick it up at baggage claim? So, then, if we're doing Disney Magical Express, we would still have to go to baggage claim to get our stroller? Or, just put one of the DME tags on the stroller itself?
If you check a stroller at the gate it will be returned to you at the gate in Orlando. When you exit the plan you'll want on the Jet Bridge and they'll bring your stroller and probably a few dozen others up too ;)

I am considering booking one leg of an upcoming flight to Orlando because the price is so good right now, but I may not stick with the flight depending on a number of factors and may change my mind to book a more expensive fare the next day. Just wanted to clarify the credit policy before I make the leap... if we end up deciding to take a different flight to Orlando, I can cancel this one and apply the cost of the leg I would be booking today to a new flight time the following day with no penalty, correct?

I am considering booking one leg of an upcoming flight to Orlando because the price is so good right now, but I may not stick with the flight depending on a number of factors and may change my mind to book a more expensive fare the next day. Just wanted to clarify the credit policy before I make the leap... if we end up deciding to take a different flight to Orlando, I can cancel this one and apply the cost of the leg I would be booking today to a new flight time the following day with no penalty, correct?
Yes you can cancel it and get a flight credit that is good from 1 year from the date of the original purchase (so you’d be fine for a flight 1 day later). If you buy early bird check in and cancel that fee is not refunded (but if you change it to the following day it might transfer).

Yes you can cancel it and get a flight credit that is good from 1 year from the date of the original purchase (so you’d be fine for a flight 1 day later). If you buy early bird check in and cancel that fee is not refunded (but if you change it to the following day it might transfer).
Thank you!

Can someone confirm tha Rapid Rewards points in one account can be used to buy a ticket for someone else? I currently have a SW Visa card, but if I referred my mom to get one, she could get the bonus point (and I could get a referral bonus) and then she could purchase tickets for me with her points. Am I correct?

Can someone confirm tha Rapid Rewards points in one account can be used to buy a ticket for someone else? I currently have a SW Visa card, but if I referred my mom to get one, she could get the bonus point (and I could get a referral bonus) and then she could purchase tickets for me with her points. Am I correct?
Yes, you can use your RR points to book flights for anyone else.

I have never flown Southwest before. I am looking at flying by myself with my 3 kids, 6, 10, and 13. Would the 10 and 13 year old be allowed to board with me if there was family boarding? Both of them have sat without me in a plane before, and I don't care about carry-on storage, but I would not be comfortable leaving older kids in boarding area, and the 6 yo definitely needs to be next to me. Just trying to decide if we can make it work, or if it is worth booking my usual JetBlue where I can choose the seats (more expensive at the moment.)

Would the 10 and 13 year old be allowed to board with me if there was family boarding?
If reviewing SWA's policies no they would not.

Family Boarding is the following:
upload_2018-1-30_20-5-52.png

but I would not be comfortable leaving older kids in boarding area, and the 6 yo definitely needs to be next to me.
You do not have to do that. You can board all together as a family. However you need to Board in the lowest Boarding position your traveling party got.

If your traveling party got B boarding positions you would board during that time rather than utilize Family Boarding for your 6 year old which is between A and B. See SWA's example regarding A16 vs A45 below:
upload_2018-1-30_20-9-59.png

Just trying to decide if we can make it work, or if it is worth booking my usual JetBlue where I can choose the seats (more expensive at the moment.)
If you absolutely have to have seats together book with JetBlue. If you want to increase your chances of getting seats together due to available seats left on the plane board all together using the above 'Can groups assigned to different boarding positions board together' guideline pasted above and consider getting EBCI ($15 per way per ticket).

EBCI is the following:
upload_2018-1-30_20-11-59.png

*Note EBCI doesn't guarantee Boarding position A.

If reviewing SWA's policies no they would not.

Family Boarding is the following:
View attachment 299299

You do not have to do that. You can board all together as a family. However you need to Board in the lowest Boarding position your traveling party got.

If your traveling party got B boarding positions you would board during that time rather than utilize Family Boarding for your 6 year old which is between A and B. See SWA's example regarding A16 vs A45 below:
View attachment 299300

If you absolutely have to have seats together book with JetBlue. If you want to increase your chances of getting seats together due to available seats left on the plane board all together using the above 'Can groups assigned to different boarding positions board together' guideline pasted above and consider getting EBCI ($15 per way per ticket).

EBCI is the following:
View attachment 299301

*Note EBCI doesn't guarantee Boarding position A.
Thank you. How do people find the odds of getting two seats next to each other if I were to board later with kids? My older kids can sit alone. Honestly the 6 year old would be happy to, as well, but the people next to her wouldn't be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter