Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Does anyone know if there is a limit of how many companion pass flights you can have booked at any one time? We currently have 3 flights booked. When I booked a return flight for my DH, it won’t let me add the companion. Keep getting an “unspecified error”. Tried to call as per the error message, but hold time is currently 40 minutes, can’t stay on that long right now as we have a 7am flight tomorrow. Will have to call some other time. Thanks!
CP bookings should not have any limit. If you can't get through on the phone, you might want to inquire at:
https://twitter.com/SouthwestAir/with_replies
Another option would be to clear your history/cache or use incognito mode and try again.

Thanks so much @shoreward. Looks like a great program although we would never be able to qualify. I don’t fly anything close to 100 flight in a year (lol, or 5!) and as Canadians we are not eligible for a SW credit card. Thanks for the info though. Glad there are others who can take advantage of this great opportunity!

Thanks so much @shoreward. Looks like a great program although we would never be able to qualify. I don’t fly anything close to 100 flight in a year (lol, or 5!) and as Canadians we are not eligible for a SW credit card. Thanks for the info though. Glad there are others who can take advantage of this great opportunity!
Yeah - I had thought of mentioning it to you before but the whole Canada thing.....bummer!

I currently have 4 round-trip flights booked with my companion. I think I’ve had more in the past.

CP bookings should not have any limit. If you can't get through on the phone, you might want to inquire at:
Another option would be to clear your history/cache or use incognito mode and try again.
. Thank you both! I will try again later. Just wanted to make sure that wasn’t the issue.

NEVER have flown SW before but it literally is our only option (well if we don't want to pay a fortune) since we need a late flight. It is a direct flight and we will purchase the EBCI. What are the chances of getting 2 sets of 2 seats together so a parent can sit with each child (they are over 6)? We don't even need to have the 2 sets of 2 seats near each other-just each parent with one child.

I have to purchase soon since we leave Nov. 27, but don't want to stress over these stupid seats until then and then again for our flight home.

Thanks!

NEVER have flown SW before but it literally is our only option (well if we don't want to pay a fortune) since we need a late flight. It is a direct flight and we will purchase the EBCI. What are the chances of getting 2 sets of 2 seats together so a parent can sit with each child (they are over 6)? We don't even need to have the 2 sets of 2 seats near each other-just each parent with one child.

I have to purchase soon since we leave Nov. 27, but don't want to stress over these stupid seats until then and then again for our flight home.

Thanks!
With EBCI, your chances of getting 2 sets of 2 seats together are fairly good. However, keep in mind the EBCI boarding numbers are assigned in the chronological order in which purchased. So, the sooner you purchase, the better. As this is over Thnksgiving break, the flights will be full. Sometimes a flight will originate in another city and have thru pax onboard, when you board. Most will want to sit toward the front of the plane, so your best chance of getting 2 or 4 seats togther is toward the rear of the aircraft.
If you book Southwest with EBCI now, you should be fine to sit together.

Thanks!
Also remember that those flights have probably been open for awhile, so you're buying EBCI after those who purchased it since the day the flight schedules opened. I still recommend purchasing it, and planning to sit towards the back as the previous poster suggested.

With EBCI, your chances of getting 2 sets of 2 seats together are fairly good. However, keep in mind the EBCI boarding numbers are assigned in the chronological order in which purchased. So, the sooner you purchase, the better. As this is over Thnksgiving break, the flights will be full. Sometimes a flight will originate in another city and have thru pax onboard, when you board. Most will want to sit toward the front of the plane, so your best chance of getting 2 or 4 seats togther is toward the rear of the aircraft.
If you book Southwest with EBCI now, you should be fine to sit together.

Also remember that those flights have probably been open for awhile, so you're buying EBCI after those who purchased it since the day the flight schedules opened. I still recommend purchasing it, and planning to sit towards the back as the previous poster suggested.

Thank you both for your replies!

I currently have 4 round-trip flights booked with my companion. I think I’ve had more in the past.

So I tried again last night in my iPad & was able to add the companion pass no problem. Never needed to call so not sure what the problem was. But thankful it was resolved without having to call & sit in hold. Thanks again for your help!

Can someone please help me understand something?

I just received a 'special offer' from SW that says if I purchase 10,000 points or more I get 40% extra points, 'free'.

I looked up the offer and 10,000 points plush the bonus 4,000 points is $275 to purchase. I would get 14,000 points in total for $275.

Out of curiosity I went online and looked for flights that cost approx 7000 points and I found a flight that would cost me 7,111 points. If I was to pay case for that flight the price is listed as $121. So, a round trip flight using 14,222 points would cost me $242.

As I calculate it, I would pay $33 less if I purchased the flight with cash than I would if I purchased points for the exact same flight.

Where is the savings? Why would I ever choose to purchase points, even with this 40% 'bonus'? Unless someone is short only a few points and really wants to use points rather than having to pay for the full flight, where is the advantage? Am I missing something?

Also, when I pay cash for a flight, I earn points. In the above example a total of 1,094 points. If I use points I don't believe I qualify to earn any points for that flight. Still can't figure out the advantage!

I just received a 'special offer' from SW that says if I purchase 10,000 points or more I get 40% extra points, 'free'.

I looked up the offer and 10,000 points plush the bonus 4,000 points is $275 to purchase. I would get 14,000 points in total for $275.

Out of curiosity I went online and looked for flights that cost approx 7000 points and I found a flight that would cost me 7,111 points. If I was to pay case for that flight the price is listed as $121. So, a round trip flight using 14,222 points would cost me $242.

As I calculate it, I would pay $33 less if I purchased the flight with cash than I would if I purchased points for the exact same flight.

Where is the savings? Why would I ever choose to purchase points, even with this 40% 'bonus'? Unless someone is short only a few points and really wants to use points rather than having to pay for the full flight, where is the advantage? Am I missing something?

Also, when I pay cash for a flight, I earn points. In the above example a total of 1,094 points. If I use points I don't believe I qualify to earn any points for that flight. Still can't figure out the advantage!

Buying points is almost *never* a cost savings over paying 'cash' for a flight. There are a couple instances where it might make sense, however.

One, if you book a flight with points and you have to cancel, you get all the points back and have no restrictions on when you must use them by or whose ticket they must be applied to.

Two, (as you surmised) you may be a few thousand points short on being able to book a flight for you and/or your family and being able to buy the last few points you need to complete the booking makes sense.

Buying points is almost *never* a cost savings over paying 'cash' for a flight. There are a couple instances where it might make sense, however.

One, if you book a flight with points and you have to cancel, you get all the points back and have no restrictions on when you must use them by or whose ticket they must be applied to.

Two, (as you surmised) you may be a few thousand points short on being able to book a flight for you and/or your family and being able to buy the last few points you need to complete the booking makes sense.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I was missing something as i just couldn't make the numbers work! Thanks for your help!

!

FYI - I believe that all active RR members received the same email message. It's a promotion to get customers to purchase points.

If doing a points booking with your account slightly short, purchasing the points to top off your account may be the only option available. Otherwise, a 40% discount, under the current Southwest redemption value, is not a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!