Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Chase may have ended one of the SW companion pass strategies...

I know a lot of people around here have earned or shown interest in earning a SW CP (companion pass) by signing up for 2 SW credit cards. A few months ago they implemented a "1 SW personal card" rule. This meant you could only get 1 SW personal card and so to earn the CP you had 2 options:
1) Signup and get approved for 2 SW personal cards on the SAME DAY (this got around the 1 SW personal rule)
2) Signup for 1 SW Biz card and 1 SW personal card

Option 2 is still working...Option 1...reports are that if you try a "double dip" (meaning sign up for 2 SW personal cards on the same day) Chase may call and ask you to close one as you can't have both.

For those that aren't interested in this - you can disregard this message LOL! If you have any more questions though let me know or come join our discussion in the I Love Credit cards thread here on the DIS.

Chase may have ended one of the SW companion pass strategies...

I know a lot of people around here have earned or shown interest in earning a SW CP (companion pass) by signing up for 2 SW credit cards. A few months ago they implemented a "1 SW personal card" rule. This meant you could only get 1 SW personal card and so to earn the CP you had 2 options:
1) Signup and get approved for 2 SW personal cards on the SAME DAY (this got around the 1 SW personal rule)
2) Signup for 1 SW Biz card and 1 SW personal card

Option 2 is still working...Option 1...reports are that if you try a "double dip" (meaning sign up for 2 SW personal cards on the same day) Chase may call and ask you to close one as you can't have both.

For those that aren't interested in this - you can disregard this message LOL! If you have any more questions though let me know or come join our discussion in the I Love Credit cards thread here on the DIS.

I don't think this is new. When I signed up for my last card over a year ago I had the same rules....one card with points can be gotten in a certain time period. I think it was 2 years.

I don't think this is new. When I signed up for my last card over a year ago I had the same rules....one card with points can be gotten in a certain time period. I think it was 2 years.
You are talking about the 24 month rule which has been in effect for a very long time. This is a much different and much more complex loophole that was actively being exploited in churning communities. It was a response to the "One Southwest Card" rule which was enacted in April 2018. At any rate, for those who knew of the loophole and were planning to utilize it, it has closed.

EDIT: If I sound crazy and you have no idea what I'm talking about just ignore me :) LOL! This is definitely something that was being done on the "fringe" so to speak so if you weren't aware of it, don't worry.

FYI - I believe that all active RR members received the same email message. It's a promotion to get customers to purchase points.

If doing a points booking with your account slightly short, purchasing the points to top off your account may be the only option available. Otherwise, a 40% discount, under the current Southwest redemption value, is not a great deal.

Yep, I just caved and bought the 10k+4k last night because I'm nervous that I won't have enough points by the time they release flights for my dates next summer. I've been shoveling UR points over to RR every month, but unless the flights are considerably cheaper than what I'm expecting, I fear I'll be coming up short. So I bought the freaking points, LOL.

Yep, I just caved and bought the 10k+4k last night because I'm nervous that I won't have enough points by the time they release flights for my dates next summer. I've been shoveling UR points over to RR every month, but unless the flights are considerably cheaper than what I'm expecting, I fear I'll be coming up short. So I bought the freaking points, LOL.
I understand. A few months ago I needed to purchase tickets for family travel to FL for a wedding. Checking minute-by-minute, anxiously watching for the flights to be bookable on a release date, I was finally able to search and purchase. While under pressure to grab those seats, a little message popped up, saying that I was slightly short on points for my flight; so I, too, caved in and bought the points - at the normal price. It was the first time I ever had to do that, and it was not a good feeling. Of course, now my points balance is built back up, so I'm not looking to do that again.

There really is that sense of urgency, when booking on the release date, especially to destinations subject to heavy bookings at certain times of the year.

I have a question about purchasing multiple Southwest tickets when the April flights are released. I usually just purchase a single ticket for myself, but for my April trip I will be buying tickets for myself and 3 others. Last year when I purchased 4 tickets at the same time (the first time buying more than a single ticket), I picked the arrival/departure flights that worked for me and placed the 4 tickets in my cart. By the time I typed in each name and rapid reward numbers, the price of the tickets in my cart had increased. Is there a way to just place all 4 tickets in your cart, pay, then go back and add all the personal info for each passenger later? Also, I plan to use points to purchase my ticket, but need to pay with credit card for the other 3. Should I purchase the 1 ticket with points, then in a separate transaction purchase the other 3? I'm not a frequent flyer, so trying to buy seats the morning flights are released is stressful! Thanks for your help!

I have a question about purchasing multiple Southwest tickets when the April flights are released. I usually just purchase a single ticket for myself, but for my April trip I will be buying tickets for myself and 3 others. Last year when I purchased 4 tickets at the same time (the first time buying more than a single ticket), I picked the arrival/departure flights that worked for me and placed the 4 tickets in my cart. By the time I typed in each name and rapid reward numbers, the price of the tickets in my cart had increased. Is there a way to just place all 4 tickets in your cart, pay, then go back and add all the personal info for each passenger later? Also, I plan to use points to purchase my ticket, but need to pay with credit card for the other 3. Should I purchase the 1 ticket with points, then in a separate transaction purchase the other 3? I'm not a frequent flyer, so trying to buy seats the morning flights are released is stressful! Thanks for your help!

If you are buying only 1 ticket with points, do not make it your ticket. If you pay for your ticket you will earn more points. If you use points you do not earn points.

I would suggest calling for multiple reservations. I think the agent might have more time than you get to type in the info.

If you are doing it online only put in the required info to speed it up. Rapid reward numbers can be added later.

You can put the 3 cash reservations on one reservation. The point ressie must be alone.

Have a great trip!

If all of the people you are booking have Rapid Rewards accounts, and you log in to their accounts to book, all of the pertinent info will automatically be filled in. So, you can save time by opening up several browser windows, one for each person you are booking. Then, all you will need to do is book yourself, then move to each of the other windows and select the same flights. Sometimes, there will be 1, 2, or 3 seats at the lowest fare, but maybe not 4. The system always searches for the lowest fare available for the number of customers you are booking at one time. So, by searching for 3 or 4 you may be missing the lower fare only available for 2.

If the others in your group do not have RR accounts, set them up now. If you add the credit card number to the profiles, the bookings will go through very quickly (assuming Southwest's IT is not having problems).

New situation for us! Checked in for our flight, and dh got A60 and I got B1! Lol I'm assuming I won't be able to board with him, correct? I'll have to wait until.sftrr family boarding? He can save me a seat.

New situation for us! Checked in for our flight, and dh got A60 and I got B1! Lol I'm assuming I won't be able to board with him, correct? I'll have to wait until.sftrr family boarding? He can save me a seat.
He can board with A's if he chooses but technically he cannot save you a seat as the family boarding will happen between A and B. This happened to us last month. We chose to both wait and board together with the B's.

If all of the people you are booking have Rapid Rewards accounts, and you log in to their accounts to book, all of the pertinent info will automatically be filled in. So, you can save time by opening up several browser windows, one for each person you are booking. Then, all you will need to do is book yourself, then move to each of the other windows and select the same flights. Sometimes, there will be 1, 2, or 3 seats at the lowest fare, but maybe not 4. The system always searches for the lowest fare available for the number of customers you are booking at one time. So, by searching for 3 or 4 you may be missing the lower fare only available for 2.

If the others in your group do not have RR accounts, set them up now. If you add the credit card number to the profiles, the bookings will go through very quickly (assuming Southwest's IT is not having problems).

Sorry, just one more question! Can I add MY credit card with my name to their profiles? I plan to pay for all their flights with my travel credit card to earn rewards. Will there be any issue with the credit card linked to their profile having a different name from theirs? Two of the passengers are minors.

Sorry, just one more question! Can I add MY credit card with my name to their profiles? I plan to pay for all their flights with my travel credit card to earn rewards. Will there be any issue with the credit card linked to their profile having a different name from theirs? Two of the passengers are minors.
Yes, you can have your card in their profiles. Do that when you set up their accounts. If you have kids older than six traveling with you, I suggest buying Early Bird check-in with the flights.
Hope this all works out for you.
BTW, each passenger earns their own RR points. no matter who pays. You obviously will earn credit card points on their tickets, though.

I'm not having any luck with my December flights going down :-(.

Keep checking!:wizard:

Agreed.

I don't have any current reservations, but in the past, I would watch my fares like an investor in the stock market. It was interesting to see it jump up and down, depending on bookings and cancellations, my own included. There's no guarantee they will go down, but as plans change, people switch flights, availability pops up on some flights and the price goes down.

And if you're like me and live within a 2-hour drive of 4 airports SW flies out of, there can be a good handful flights to check each day!

I feel like I've read about this here, but hoping someone can confirm. I received an email from Southwest that says it's a special invitation to sign up for "rewards for opinions." I think this is legit, but want to get opinions. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!