Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Quick question, I've been watching flights for early May and today I saw an outbound flight for $106, which is the lowest I've seen so far. Problem is, it's not the exact time that I want but would deal with it if my ideal time stays high. Now my question is, if I went ahead and booked the outgoing flight but at some point my IDEAL flight went down, would I be able to modify to the new flight or have to cancel and rebook?

I've never flown southwest so that's why I'm curious. I just don't wanna miss out on a good deal on something else waiting for something else

Thanks

I was thinking the same thing. We've been going to Disney in September for a number of years now and as far as I cam remember our dates were always included in the next release date. Will be watching it carefully as I would not be surprised at all that it's a typo and possibly next release should go through to Oct 7? Time will tell....
In analyzing all the data I present...At the time of release the LEAST number of days inventory SW had over the past 12 releases was 220 days which occured on the 5/31/18 release. The average release is 247 days of inventory. This next release is projecting to be just 207 days (well below the average and less than the lowest by almost 2 weeks of flights). It seems strange and as we discussed, almost indicates it may be tweaked at a future date.

It does seem to be a trend that SW is releasing slightly less inventory lately though. Each of the last 5 releases have had on average 18 less days of flights available.

Thanks for your analysis @SouthFayetteFan !
You're welcome. For those loyal to ONLY Southwest this is nothing more than a slight delay/small frustration.

For those that consider Southwest AND other airlines (BLASPHEMY in my house :p) this can definitely be a large frustration. Waiting an additional 2-3 weeks to book your flights once you're nearing that 6 month mark (from your dates of travel) can be difficult.

The rt flights for our dates went up $100 pp from this morning!

We did not purchase, as the times really are not good for us, and they were more than we were hoping to pay by about $300 total (for the family). Jet Blue has much better times for us, so I'm hoping they come down.

Quick question, I've been watching flights for early May and today I saw an outbound flight for $106, which is the lowest I've seen so far. Problem is, it's not the exact time that I want but would deal with it if my ideal time stays high. Now my question is, if I went ahead and booked the outgoing flight but at some point my IDEAL flight went down, would I be able to modify to the new flight or have to cancel and rebook?

I've never flown southwest so that's why I'm curious. I just don't wanna miss out on a good deal on something else waiting for something else

Thanks

If you book flight A, and flight B later drops you would change flight A and select the flight B time. The amount you paid for flight A is credited towards flight B. If flight B is cheaper than A then you'll get a credit for the balance to be used on another flight at a later date. There is no need to cancel flight A, just select change.

The rt flights for our dates went up $100 pp from this morning!

We did not purchase, as the times really are not good for us, and they were more than we were hoping to pay by about $300 total (for the family). Jet Blue has much better times for us, so I'm hoping they come down.

Over the years, I have found for a few days following a release or extension of the schedule fares increase. Then they will re-adjust. For us, it happens every time.

Over the years, I have found for a few days following a release or extension of the schedule fares increase. Then they will re-adjust. For us, it happens every time.

Same here. Frankly, flight prices fluctuate so much deciding when to purchase is a bit like playing the stock market!

so I've already purchased flights for DH and I for our February trip with my SW points - I have a SW cc, and I had a Companion Pass for DH this year but I needed a little bit more to push me into next year and I just earned that last night!!

The "book a companion pass" button just appeared on my flight information but do I need to cancel DH's flight booked with points before I can book his companion pass flight?

Right now there are seats available..

thanks!

Hi guys, I just had to stop by to say thank you! We haven't flown in over 10 years and decided to fly for our trip this November. I purchased tickets in July and Early Bird. I was able to update my flight in August to a time I wanted more. I was so nervous about the boarding location. My kids are 11 and 8 and have never flown and I would hate to have us all separated. I am happy to say that I just checked in and we are boarding group A! So happy! My kids will be so relieved. We are ok with splitting up 2 and 2 but now we might be able to sit near each other :). You guys have great information!

Just wanted to share something that happened to us recently. We were flying home from MCO to STL and our flight was delayed two hours. I didn't complain to anyone in person or on social media but when I got home we had received an email with a $100 voucher for each person ($200 total for us). I was pretty surprised since we have had delayed flights in the past but have never had this happen. Just another reason Southwest is my go to.

I was able to book flights for our June 23-30 trip right at 6am. Very happy with the price and time of the flight home and also the price of the flight down. What was odd is that the earliest non-stop flight was at 10:50am which was almost twice as much as the flight we booked at 5:50pm. I checked the other Sunday schedules, and with exception of the 16th and the 23rd, there is a 5:15am non-stop for every Sunday in the booking window they just released. I'm going to be checking everyday to see if they add the 5:15am flight to my departure day. My question is has this happened to anyone before and does Southwest have a history of adding flights to a current schedule?

Just wanted to share something that happened to us recently. We were flying home from MCO to STL and our flight was delayed two hours. I didn't complain to anyone in person or on social media but when I got home we had received an email with a $100 voucher for each person ($200 total for us). I was pretty surprised since we have had delayed flights in the past but have never had this happen. Just another reason Southwest is my go to.

Wow, that's nice. My DD was delayed 2 hours earlier this week, probably due to all the smoke in SFO area, she didn't get any compensation. She's flying tomorrow out of OAK and I am concerned she will be delayed again for smoke.

My 10:00 am flight the morning of 10/19 out of BWI was cancelled and I received a text message that I had been rescheduled for a 4:30 pm flight. I immediately called SWA and told them that I needed an earlier flight out I was told I would have to pay the price increase and I told them no way they were the ones who cancelled the flight and if I had wanted a 4:00 pm flight I would have scheduled one. They refused to do anything without my paying a price increase so I hung up and called again. I repeated my story and again insisted I should not not have to pay extra when the situation was not my fault. At that point I was given a customer service number to call and that person immediately booked me for what she said was the last seat on plane. I believe her since my boarding pass was C60 I think. Luckily for me I happened to be helping a woman in a wheel chair pick up something she had dropped and help rearrange her carry on when they started boarding and the SWA agent thought I was with her. I started to tell them I wasn't with her but the woman told me to just walk down with her. I had never met the woman before but I did actually carry her bag for her and ended up sitting across the aisle from her. I didn't feel at all guilty since I had actually paid for Early Bird and ended up not getting it!!! No compensation for any of my "anxiety"....I still do love SWA...although it does seem like this last visit to Disney was filled with drama from my flight to my ticket trouble later!

Wow, that's nice. My DD was delayed 2 hours earlier this week, probably due to all the smoke in SFO area, she didn't get any compensation...

I'm a little surprised you received the compensation via email. The two times that has happened to me I was given a physical card at the departure airport. Keep in mind that if the compensation is in the form of a "LUV voucher", as opposed to travel funds, the LUV voucher is transferable.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the policy on giving out LUV vouchers is that if a two hour or so plus delay is caused by something in the control of Southwest (that is, the plane itself or crew), they generally will give out the vouchers. If it is something out of Southwest's control (weather, or in this case, smoke), no voucher.

Is anyone here familiar with the flights out of Philly? I'm waiting to book our summer trip (dates not opened yet). When I looked at the available times close to our dates, the times are horrible...5:30am, 11:45pm, etc. Does anyone know if SW adds flight times? Thanks

Is anyone here familiar with the flights out of Philly? I'm waiting to book our summer trip (dates not opened yet). When I looked at the available times close to our dates, the times are horrible...5:30am, 11:45pm, etc. Does anyone know if SW adds flight times? Thanks
In general, no. Though, it probably has happened at some point in the past, I would not count on it, or expect it.

Its kind of hard to predict...but as Southwest has added cities and continue to, it seems many of the direct flights from non-Southwest hub cities get dropped. There used to be 4 or so direct flights to MCO from PHL...and I always liked one that seemed to be around 7 PM, but most times they're down to two now. This summer they were running a 6 AM, which in a way was nice because you get a full day at WDW, but I'm a little surprised they're running one at 11:45 Pm. I guess anything to get the planes where they need to be for the following morning...

Since you are asking if they will change the flight times or add more flights when they open up the booking window for your travel dates its hard to say?

Any chance the February dates will go on sale? My daughter wants her friend to come with us for feb vacation but the tix are now $499 each way! What’s so frustrating is that my husband is longer coming but we can’t use his ticket for her, how I miss the good old days of Southwest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter