Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Does anyone use EBCI? I just bought flights for MCO to IND for the day after thanksgiving and I'm wondering if it would be worth it to get to not worry about checking in exactly 24 hours in advance while I'm at work. Just curious if it's worth it to get at this point.

Does anyone use EBCI? I just bought flights for MCO to IND for the day after thanksgiving and I'm wondering if it would be worth it to get to not worry about checking in exactly 24 hours in advance while I'm at work. Just curious if it's worth it to get at this point.
If you want the peace of mind for not having to worry about checking in at T-24 go for it. The earlier you purchase it the more advantage but that doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't get it if you want to.

Yes, many of us purchase EBCI. Others choose not to and are content to check in at 24 hours and take their chances. I've done it both ways, but will probably use EBCI from now on at this point. I didn't like the stress of checking in.

We always get it for the flight home for exactly the reason you mention. I just don't have to think about checking in if I have EBCI. The physical act of checking in for the flight home just makes the inevitable end of the vacation that much closer. With EBCI, I can eliminate that particular reminder. Of course, I've already received my notice from DTE (Disney's Tragical Express) earlier that morning, so I don't get to be in complete denial about the end.

For me, it's worth it.

Steve

My 12/1 flight dropped from $360 to $210! Sunday after Thanksgiving so it was high. I had booked 4/19 yesterday with points, so I cancelled, got the points back and paid cash $164-$150 = $14! Plus I got 10,819 points back!
My flights dropped big time also. I am flying down on the 5th and flying home on the 12th from Nashville. I booked on points, got back over 7,000 points on two tickets round trip!

I have a decent credit from a price drop. I’d like to use it on a flight I already purchased with points. Is it possible to rebook the flight using part credit part points? I’m thinking probably not. The credit would still leave me paying a little over $100 for the one-way flight, so I’d rather not pay cash. Thanks!

I have a decent credit from a price drop. I’d like to use it on a flight I already purchased with points. Is it possible to rebook the flight using part credit part points? I’m thinking probably not. The credit would still leave me paying a little over $100 for the one-way flight, so I’d rather not pay cash. Thanks!

Alas, no. You can't mix credit and points on the same reservation.

Steve

We get it for every flight. It's one less thing to worry about not having to check in right at the 24 hour mark.

We get it for every flight. It's one less thing to worry about not having to check in right at the 24 hour mark.
We always get EBCI. My husband still doesn't get it...the night before we leave, he's always asking what time he needs to be on the computer. I, the ever understanding wife (NOT)..have to stop from snapping at him that the 24 hour thing doesn't apply!!!

On another note....our return flight next month just dropped $7.00....I don't understand how/why fares literally fluctuate on a daily if not hourly basis. I did change the flight to add another $7.00 to a building credit toward the next flight in April but what a pain in the butt.

First time taking SW, travelling with kids under 6, do they still allow family boarding? Should I still check in 24hrs before? does this mean I get a digital boarding pass for all passengers in our group?
How would seat be assigned? we are a party of 4, three on 1 side and the 4th on the isle on the other side? how will I be able to choose this arrangement?

First time taking SW, travelling with kids under 6, do they still allow family boarding? Should I still check in 24hrs before? does this mean I get a digital boarding pass for all passengers in our group?
How would seat be assigned? we are a party of 4, three on 1 side and the 4th on the isle on the other side? how will I be able to choose this arrangement?
Yes, still check in 24 hours before. If you do not have an A boarding position then you will board during family boarding which is between the A and B groups. Seats are not assigned, you choose from any open seats when you board. So you can choose 3 on one side and 1 on the other if that is an option - which it should be.

Nope, never.
First, with the app now, it's extremely easy and convenient to check-in online at 24 hours. We've never gotten below mid-Bs
Second, who cares if I can't sit next to DH for a couple of hours. We live together at home and are together on vacation. We can manage apart. We don't chat on the plane anyway. Heck, when we fly with reserved seats, if there's 3 in the row, we don't sit together anyway. He likes window, I like aisle.
Even if DGD is with us, we go with the no-cost option. She flies alone, so she too can sit away from us. Even before they moved away, I chanced it.
We've never not sat together, be it 2, 3 or 4 of us.

Nope, never.
First, with the app now, it's extremely easy and convenient to check-in online at 24 hours. We've never gotten below mid-Bs
Second, who cares if I can't sit next to DH for a couple of hours. We live together at home and are together on vacation. We can manage apart. We don't chat on the plane anyway. Heck, when we fly with reserved seats, if there's 3 in the row, we don't sit together anyway. He likes window, I like aisle.
Even if DGD is with us, we go with the no-cost option. She flies alone, so she too can sit away from us. Even before they moved away, I chanced it.
We've never not sat together, be it 2, 3 or 4 of us.
The poster was just asking about not wanting to worry about checking in while at work :) I think we can all understand that happens and may make us feel more comfortable not worrying about it.

We always get EBCI. My husband still doesn't get it...the night before we leave, he's always asking what time he needs to be on the computer. I, the ever understanding wife (NOT)..have to stop from snapping at him that the 24 hour thing doesn't apply!!!

On another note....our return flight next month just dropped $7.00....I don't understand how/why fares literally fluctuate on a daily if not hourly basis. I did change the flight to add another $7.00 to a building credit toward the next flight in April but what a pain in the butt.

My DH gets it now, but I've been asked that question many times in the past :laughing:.

It's crazy how often fares can/do change. It's nice to be able to build a credit for future travel, but I do agree that it is a pain in the butt!

What I tell people is if it’s important to you that you sit with certain people or preferably in a specific area in the plane, then purchasing EBCI is recommended.

If you’re ok bring scattered about and sitting anywhere then it’s not necessary.

For our family it’s myself and my 10yo daughter and we want to sit together. I don’t get the EBCI going down as I make a point of checking us in the second the clock strikes -24:00 before our flight.

I purchase EBCI for the flight home because we’re having too much fun at Disney and I don’t want to be mindful of the clock to check us in.

Thanks everyone, I think I'll go ahead and get it and not have to worry about manually checking in while I'm at work. I'm not allowed to have my phone and my break is before the check in time so I can't wait around for it. Plus the returning flight is at 5 am so that saves me having to wake up really early just to do that!

I always get EBCI for our flight home at least. One family trip, my parents, me and my brother had to all check in using the app on our phones. Just so happened our check in time was when we were waiting on line for Frozen Ever After. We thought it might happen while we were still waiting on line, but nope, we were on the ride. Our picture from the ride is all of us on the ride with me, my brother, and my father looking down at our phones. Funny memory but I will avoid that from now on.

Southwest again removes MAX 8 aircraft from its flight schedule. This time, Southwest extends the grounding from 02/08/2020 - 03/6/2020. That will almost make it one year, since the MAX was first grounded on 03/13/2019.

Southwest again removes MAX 8 aircraft from its flight schedule. This time, Southwest extends the grounding from 02/08/2020 - 03/6/2020. That will almost make it one year, since the MAX was first grounded on 03/13/2019.
Only a year?? Wow, it sure feels like it's been longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter