Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

If you have flown Southwest in the past, you are familiar with their Family Boarding policy. For those not familiar with it:

Of course, with the lighter loads, these days, there may not even be a "B" boarding group.
For our flights last week neither flight had a B boarding group. Our flight to Orlando had only 24 people on it and the return flight had less than 60.

I have a flight on 12/5 - PDX/MCO. There's a plane change in PHX. That leg (PHX/MCO) shows only 2 seats of any type available. I'm curious as to what that will actually look like. Will it truly be completely full, or are they artificially showing it as "full" in an attempt to move folks to one of 3-5 other flights that all get to MCO within a couple of hours of each other? I'll know in 2 weeks.

Steve

Hmmm, I googled and found that “disinfectant sprays in aerosol cans” are banned from flights...
They are not banned from "checked luggage" which is what the poster was asking.
Like I said, I do it every single trip. Well over 100 southwest flights alone. Never an issue. I always put it in a ziploc bag though to avoid it leaking into the rest of the stuff in the bag.

Here's a benefits question - over the last 5-6 years I've earned Companion Pass so DH flies for free - now it appears I'm also only 500 pts away from earning A-List..

It says one of the benefits is "priority boarding" which states:
Priority boarding^
You, and everyone on your reservation, get an earlier boarding position.

Does that mean I won't need to purchase Early Bird and we'll get to board before the EBs?? I already purchased EB for our Dec and Feb flights, so maybe I need to go a few more places next year?!!??

Anyone with A-List have it in conjunction with Companion Pass ?

Here's a benefits question - over the last 5-6 years I've earned Companion Pass so DH flies for free - now it appears I'm also only 500 pts away from earning A-List..

Priority boarding^

Does that mean I won't need to purchase Early Bird and we'll get to board before the EBs?? I already purchased EB for our Dec and Feb flights, so maybe I need to go a few more places next year?!!??

Yup. No need to buy early bird if you have a list.
I was gifted A list through some sort of promotion. rumor around the churning boards is that people who signed up for the SW card during the CP promotion in 2019 got it.
anyways. Our last couple of flights, both my BF and I have gotten very high A group. I have A list and he doesn’t.
I did check in at exactly 24 hours before the flight but it probably wasn’t necessary as the website says it checks you in at 36 hours just like EB

Priority boarding^

A-List and A-List Preferred members are automatically checked in, before Early Bird bookings. The lowest available boarding number assigned to elite customers is A16. Your RR number must be attached to the reservation, to receive this perk.

Even with A-List status, there is no guarantee that your boarding number will be a low “A” number. With A-List status, I once received A38, which was a much higher number, than usual, as the flight was heavily-booked with business travelers, who had status.

On leisure travel routes, such as to/from MCO, the boarding number should be very good.

I'm supposed to fly Dec 1st from Buffalo, NY. Is it crazy to still think that they might cancel the flight due to anything other than mechanical problems? I haven't booked my DVC room for that night yet because I'm still worried they'll cancel the flight we're on and I'll have to fly on the 2nd

For those flying in Jan: check the prices of your flights. I just saved $150 on our flights for early Jan.

I'm supposed to fly Dec 1st from Buffalo, NY. Is it crazy to still think that they might cancel the flight due to anything other than mechanical problems? I haven't booked my DVC room for that night yet because I'm still worried they'll cancel the flight we're on and I'll have to fly on the 2nd
Until you are seated on your flight, anything can happen. I would recommend watching flights each day for the next week to see if they appear to be making changes. Airlines are frequently tweaking their schedules these days.

Like I said, I do it every single trip. Well over 100 southwest flights alone. Never an issue. I always put it in a ziploc bag though to avoid it leaking into the rest of the stuff in the bag.
Agree. Just flew SW on Thu and brought a regular sized can (wrapped in bag) in checked baggage. No issues.

Cyber Monday airfare sale - i.e MDW-MCO $45 each way on select dates/flights.

WANNA 2021 GETAWAY?
Our Cyber Monday Sale is on.
One-way as low as $39*

or
Rapid Rewards® points†
+ taxes and fees from $5.60 for one-way†.
Book now
*Restrictions, exclusions, and blackout dates apply. Seats and days limited. Select markets. Book 11/30-12/3.
†Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other governmental/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.

T&C
  • Purchase from November 30 through December 3, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
  • Continental U.S. travel valid January 5 through March 17, 2021. Travel Continental U.S. to/from Hawaii valid January 5 through April 8, 2021. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 11 through March 4, 2021. International travel valid January 11 through March 4, 2021.
  • Travel from continental U.S. to Hawaii blacked out February 11-14, March 19-20, March 26-28, and April 1-3, 2021. Travel to continental U.S. from Hawaii blacked out February 19-21, March 27-28, and April 2-5, 2021.
  • Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO, Montrose, CO, and Las Vegas and from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Montrose, CO, and Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO to Las Vegas is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO, and Montrose, CO, and Las Vegas and from Las Vegas to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Montrose, CO, and Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii is valid Monday - Thursday. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday - Thursday. International travel is valid Monday - Thursday. Travel to Mexico is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Mexico is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
  • Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.
  • Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
  • Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
  • Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won't be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
  • Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
  • Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare's rules apply.
  • Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that's not guaranteed.
  • Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
  • Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status.
  • Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
  • Offer applies only to published, scheduled service.

https://www.southwest.com/air/low-f...kEwOZWGIzOSw80&clk=5371062&cbid=5371062#terms

Last edited:
Cyber Monday airfare sale - i.e MDW-MCO $45 each way on select dates/flights.

WANNA 2021 GETAWAY?
Our Cyber Monday Sale is on.
One-way as low as $39*

or
Rapid Rewards® points†
+ taxes and fees from $5.60 for one-way†.
Book now
*Restrictions, exclusions, and blackout dates apply. Seats and days limited. Select markets. Book 11/30-12/3.
†Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other governmental/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.

T&C
  • Purchase from November 30 through December 3, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
  • Continental U.S. travel valid January 5 through March 17, 2021. Travel Continental U.S. to/from Hawaii valid January 5 through April 8, 2021. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 11 through March 4, 2021. International travel valid January 11 through March 4, 2021.
  • Travel from continental U.S. to Hawaii blacked out February 11-14, March 19-20, March 26-28, and April 1-3, 2021. Travel to continental U.S. from Hawaii blacked out February 19-21, March 27-28, and April 2-5, 2021.
  • Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO, Montrose, CO, and Las Vegas and from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Montrose, CO, and Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO to Las Vegas is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO, and Montrose, CO, and Las Vegas and from Las Vegas to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Montrose, CO, and Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii is valid Monday - Thursday. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday - Thursday. International travel is valid Monday - Thursday. Travel to Mexico is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Mexico is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
  • Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.
  • Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
  • Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
  • Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won't be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
  • Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
  • Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare's rules apply.
  • Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that's not guaranteed.
  • Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
  • Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status.
  • Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
  • Offer applies only to published, scheduled service.

https://www.southwest.com/air/low-f...kEwOZWGIzOSw80&clk=5371062&cbid=5371062#terms

I always get these emails for great sales. We have never been able to go to mco from sdf for anything less than $100 each way even when we buy them at 7 am the day they release. I checked all three months for this and the cheapest was 73.00 for the 2 stops on the way there. Is ours the only city that never has these good sales for flights to anywhere for 39 or 59 like the emails I get?

I always get these emails for great sales. We have never been able to go to mco from sdf for anything less than $100 each way even when we buy them at 7 am the day they release. I checked all three months for this and the cheapest was 73.00 for the 2 stops on the way there. Is ours the only city that never has these good sales for flights to anywhere for 39 or 59 like the emails I get?
Nope. I fly from BDL and we never qualify for any of the $59, $49, and now $39 flights.

Nope. I fly from BDL and we never qualify for any of the $59, $49, and now $39 flights.
Same here from PHL. Maybe there are times when it’s been cheap, but it’s never worked for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!