Post your exchange ideas here!!

minniedisney1 said:
I have only skimmed this thread, so if this has been mentioned or done already please disregard it.

Maybe there might be an interest in a pet goodies exchange. Like dog/cat treats, toys, etc. Just a thought!

I had hosted a pet exchange this year and there was recently one done. But you never know when there will be another pet exchange, so just keep your eyes open. :thumbsup2

I've only done a couple of exchanges, and not recently but really love them!

A few ideas for ones that would be fun:

Rubber duckies (there are so many different ones now)
Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Disney Racer cars (for little boys or big!)
Disney antenna toppers (love these!)
Slippers (good for the cold weather!)
Lip gloss/chapstick
Cake mix and "doctoring ingredients" (from the Cake Doctor cookbook)
Aprons (I just love aprons, but not sure if anyone else does!)
Gum/Candy (my daughter just loved this last time)
Hat/Scarf/Mittens (homemade or store bought)
Favorite afterschool snack recipe and ingredients
Sunglasses

My daughter came up with a fun idea too...not sure how it would work but maybe someone more experienced would have a good idea. Her girl scout troop had a teddy bear that each girl got to take home for a week. They each took did stuff with the teddy and took pictures and added them to Teddy's scrapbook and passed it on to the next girl. She thought that it would be fun to have a tee shirt that could be sent to young girls. They could wear it on their trip to Disney, take a picture of them wearing it and add it to the scrapbook, wash it and then sign it and send it on to the next girl. I really liked the idea of this tee shirt getting to go to Disney over and over on different girls vacations. The tee shirt would eventually be covered in girls signatures and the date they wore it to Disney and there would be a scrapbook with everyone's memories of their day with the tee shirt at Disney.

There must be some knitters out there. Anyone ever think of a yarn exchange with like directions for a scarf, etc. ? ?

How do we exchange address. This is all new to me.

My daughter came up with a fun idea too...not sure how it would work but maybe someone more experienced would have a good idea. Her girl scout troop had a teddy bear that each girl got to take home for a week. They each took did stuff with the teddy and took pictures and added them to Teddy's scrapbook and passed it on to the next girl. She thought that it would be fun to have a tee shirt that could be sent to young girls. They could wear it on their trip to Disney, take a picture of them wearing it and add it to the scrapbook, wash it and then sign it and send it on to the next girl. I really liked the idea of this tee shirt getting to go to Disney over and over on different girls vacations. The tee shirt would eventually be covered in girls signatures and the date they wore it to Disney and there would be a scrapbook with everyone's memories of their day with the tee shirt at Disney.

I love this idea!

ok, I have a few.

A craft exchange. You make the craft and then send it to your "exchange buddy"

card game exchange for kids...ie old maid, go fish...

my little pony exchange

baby doll exchange

Home Decor - my new house will be finished in December and I need stuff! :cool1:

Haven't done an exchange in a long time, and this is one I'll be looking for. :teeth:

I don't know if anyone else would like this idea, but here goes. hehe

How about a OOAK Barbie exchange? (One of a kind... for non-doll collectors ;))

We do this on a Barbie board I belong to, and I think girls would like it.

Here's what we do:

You ask the girls eye and hair color, and their fave color (for clothing
You buy a doll with similar hair color , you buy an outfit (or make an outfit, if you're more talented than I ;)) that has the girls fave color on it, you box it back up and send it (usually with extras).

grinningghost said:
Home Decor - my new house will be finished in December and I need stuff! :cool1:

This would be fun. I'll be moving in a few months and will be in need of some new things! :goodvibes

What about colors? Like the blue/black exchange that we did earlier with the "B" exchange. That was pretty fun.
Does anyone do a favorite book exchange? I am such a reader, I would love that one.
Or a calendar exchange?

We have done colors....and I think the alphabet that is goind now will include colors when a letter comes up that works.

We have done calendars for the last ....hmmmm.....4 years. Not sure if anyone is planning on hosting it this year.

We did do favorite book once also. That was fun. It was in the string called "My favorites". Book was in there as was author. :)

So basically everything is already being done? I am out of ideas. But I love the exchanges! :)

You are always welcome to do things over.
Not sure if anyone is hosting the calendar one this year. If you are interested, PM me and I will ask the past hosts of this one (we have had several).
Things are redone all the time.....just make sure that it isn't another host's "special" one ;)

How about an exchange of last years/this years unused holiday cards. I am just wrapping my presents and getting my cards together to be mailed and I noticed that I have 4-5 of each card that I have sent out previously left over. I would hate to send the same card to the same person this year that I did last year. SO, maybe exchange all of the unused cards that way everyone has new cards for next year and won't have to buy them/wait for sales and won't send the same as last year, does that make any sense? :confused3

the past few years I have sent my unused/unwanted cards to my friends in Iraq, so that they could send Holiday wishes home to their friends and family (I don't suppose they get blank cards over there.).

Oh well, just a thought.

Jenny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter