Post your unpopular food opinions

I buy the already peeled garlic. Not the minced garlic in the weird liquid, just the peeled cloves. J. Kenji Lopez-Alt says it's ok and I'm lazy 8-)

The food network has been a net negative influence on both cuisine and fidelity.

This is the unpopular food opinions thread, not the totally true and irrefutable food fact thread.

DADGUMMIT!!!! Now I went and did it too. Let me try another one.

Uh catsup is your go to condiment when it comes to hot dogs.

Yayyyyy. I did it. I don't actually believe that but I did it.

Assuming said hot dog is on a bun or on bread yes it is. But I think you should try another one. This is the unpopular food opinions thread, not the totally true and irrefutable food fact thread.
You'd be surprised at how many people are angered by this statement of fact.

Regardless, here is another one:
Tim Hortons regular roast is terrible. Not Dunkin-level terrible, but still pretty bad. Dark roast, however, is quite good.

I buy the already peeled garlic. Not the minced garlic in the weird liquid, just the peeled cloves. J. Kenji Lopez-Alt says it's ok and I'm lazy 8-)

And I buy the weird stuff in the water...plus the not-peeled stuff:)...

So, unpopular opinion - the best garlic bread EVER is made with the cheapest ingredients - that unmentionable jarred minced garlic, salt, olive oil, (plant based) butter, and hot dog buns...in under 8 minutes with 4-5 of them broiling the topped bread and 30 seconds used to melt the butter and warm the garlic, you have manna from the heavens in the cheapest products:)...

PS - this used to use real butter, but I got a dairy allergy, so it's a one product upgrade which is unneccessary...

I like cooking ramen that's just boiled to the point of being white and bouncy. Not al dente, but not fully cooked to it's translucent brown state. And don't tell anybody, but I have eaten raw ramen as a snack in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter