PPO ADR at BOG problem

jimonb

Earning My Ears
We booked a ppo for bog 180 days in advance. Now, the park hours have changed and it is no longer ppo. There are no adrs available. Wasn’t really looking forward to the food at breakfast, but wanted in the park early. Should I just cancel, or is there a chance if I call Disney Dining they can change it for me?

If there's nothing else available then there is nothing else available.
You can keep checking to see if someone cancels.
Calling really isn't gonna do anything.

YOU are a perfect example of why I tell people don't bother with BOG PPO if the only reason you're doing it is for the "advantage" of being in Fantasyland before park opening since MK often extends hours.

I agree with Pumba. If that was your only reason, then there’s no point keeping it. Just keep trying to rebook on another day, things open up all the time. That’s how I made my multiple BOG resvs the past 2 trips. Many ppl have had a lot if success the night before as well.

They don’t back the restaurant hours up. So if they changed park hours to 8, there is no more ppo hours

Cancel if that was your sole purpose for the adr

This happens. A lot.
I agree with Pumba. If that was your only reason, then there’s no point keeping it. Just keep trying to rebook on another day, things open up all the time. That’s how I made my multiple BOG resvs the past 2 trips. Many ppl have had a lot if success the night before as well.

I guess I missed that they expected Disney to back up the restaurant hours just because they changed park hours lol.
Yeah that ain't gonna happen.
Still a perfect example of why someone that only makes the PPO because of an "advantage" are the ones that should not be doing it.

I would cancel and just rope drop - BOG breakfast is over priced IMO.

I get doing PPO - it’s fun looking around when things are empty or hopefully getting in line early for a favorite ride but at this point it’s probably not worth it since it will take a chunk of your morning.

I disagree. Doesn't matter someone’s reason. They can make one if it’s available and there’s no reason to judge.
Not judging but so many people do not prepare themselves for the extended hours and then it comes as a shock and they get upset. If they wanted to eat there no matter what happens to the hours it wouldn't matter.

Not judging but so many people do not prepare themselves for the extended hours and then it comes as a shock and they get upset. If they wanted to eat there no matter what happens to the hours it wouldn't matter.
Yes, so true. In this case, clearly the main objective was getting in early.

I used a website to alert me if an opening popped up and of course I forgot I had my phone on silent and missed the text today by 52 minutes. Naturally it was already taken by the time I checked. I’m in the same boat as the OP, but if I don’t end up getting a different time it won’t be a deal breaker since we have three days planned for MK.

To clarify, I had booked PPO and not having ever gone to WDW didn’t think about park hour changes at 180 days out and mostly wanted to eat before the park opened but wasn’t planning to get ahead of crowds for rides. I’m trying to change it now to a bit later in the morning though, but will be happy with what I have if I don’t end up getting another alert.

Last edited:
OP, To answer your original question, I would cancel the reservation. Calling won't do anything. Just keep your eyes open for any other reservations that might open up on another day, if it works. As an aside, if it makes you feel better after reading some of these comments, there is nothing wrong with making a PPO reservation with the intent of using it to gain access to a ride. I actually think it is a smart to do (get more bang for your buck so to speak), as long as you go into it knowing that the plan may get tossed out the window. It is one that I have successfully used more than once and thought it was worth doing. :) I'm sorry that your plan was changed to your dismay. I have also rope dropped rides and have been successful with that to (and I don't run). You can also keep an eye out for a FP for it, as people change their plans and a FP may open up for it. It will work out in the end. Have fun!

I disagree. Doesn't matter someone’s reason. They can make one if it’s available and there’s no reason to judge.

I also see no reason to question a reason, however I do feel strongly that if someone is too invested in the benefits of a PPO meal, other than the food itself, they are setting themselves up to be disappointed. How many times have we responded to angry people who booked PPO meals hoping to be set up for Mine Train, and then experiences park hours change?

IN terms of the OP's predicament, I would cancel the ADR. It is a touring detriment unless the family really wants an early breakfast in the park.

Thanks for the replies. We canceled. I didn’t realize that the hours for BOG wouldn’t be adjusted to an hour before opening. We’re eating there for lunch later in that week anyway.

We booked a ppo for bog 180 days in advance. Now, the park hours have changed and it is no longer ppo. There are no adrs available. Wasn’t really looking forward to the food at breakfast, but wanted in the park early. Should I just cancel, or is there a chance if I call Disney Dining they can change it for me?
Just an FYI - the Plaza has PPO times. They start at 7:45. Not much of a jump, but an opportunity to get into the park before the masses. I personally like PPO breakfasts, because it's nice to walk through a park and not have crowds. I just booked all my ADRs for my visit and all I was interested in getting were PPO breakfasts, FOLK Signature meal, Dine with an Imagineer and Sci-Fi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!