Pre Aulani hotel

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
Anyone stay at either the Waikiki Marriott or Hilton Hawaiian Village on their Aulani trip.

If so pros and cons, please.

Was leaning towards the Marriot for location but it doesn't get such great reviews :(

Personally I would just go to either the Outrigger Reef or the Outrigger Waikiki. Both are fine for a few nights but we prefer the Outrigger Waikiki as it's just a tad bit nicer and a little more centrally located. It has a great location on Waikiki Beach and easy access to several restaurants (Duke's is actually on the first floor on the beach).

We stayed at HHV (Hilton Hawaiian Village) in October. It was our second time there. We love it there. There is plenty to do several pools, water slides, lagoon and beach access. They have koi, penguins, flamingos, parrots, etc. Plus tons of shops to walk around. It really is nice. Very large resort and lots of eating option on site. I recommend it.
I guess the question is - what do you like to do and how long will you be there?

We've stayed twice now at pre Aulani hotels for a night (got in late both times).

We stayed at outrigger Waikiki on the beach and really liked how close to the beach and shopping it was. Dukes great too:) it was just me and my husband then so we got the king room but it had a pullout.

Last time we got in so late and were leaving in the am we didn't really care so we stayed at hyatt place Waikiki. It was great! Inexpensive and free (hot/buffet) breakfast which saved money too. We got the 2 queens and it was great as we took a bed, my daughter took a bed and my soon took the pull out couch. There was even a pull out chair we didn't utilize which I thought was great for larger families. It was recently redone so I liked that. It was maybe 5-10 min walk to the beach so not too bad.

We've stayed twice now at pre Aulani hotels for a night (got in late both times).

We stayed at outrigger Waikiki on the beach and really liked how close to the beach and shopping it was. Dukes great too:) it was just me and my husband then so we got the king room but it had a pullout.

Last time we got in so late and were leaving in the am we didn't really care so we stayed at hyatt place Waikiki. It was great! Inexpensive and free (hot/buffet) breakfast which saved money too. We got the 2 queens and it was great as we took a bed, my daughter took a bed and my soon took the pull out couch. There was even a pull out chair we didn't utilize which I thought was great for larger families. It was recently redone so I liked that. It was maybe 5-10 min walk to the beach so not too bad.

Was the Hyatt Place centrally located? Walking Distance to anything?

Thanks!

We are trying to utilize points so it needs to be a marriott, hilton or possibly hyatt property.

Thanks for your help!

On our first trip to Hawaii, we stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village. See if your points can get you into the Alii Tower. It has a private rooftop pool, less crazy.

We returned there on our first trip to Aulani in 2010, since I like the little shopping center that is attached, and we wanted to revisit the beachfront and shops, too. DH is a big fan of Hawaii 5 O, and he wanted to see some of the sites they use. As a bonus, he met the guy who sells the shaved ice on the show * and he was also in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, a favorite of our adult children.

Was the Hyatt Place centrally located? Walking Distance to anything? Thanks!
We found it to be fine and we had kids in tow. We walked to starbucks after breakfast and down to the beach easy. We could see part of the zoo (we were on a high floor) and on the stretch of hotels we were at the far end (by diamond head) so if you are wanting to walk to dukes, or the Waikiki beach walk area you might want to put into google maps how long that would take you. We found it fine as it suited our purpose (and came back into Waikiki later in our trip for food/touring).

Personally I would just go to either the Outrigger Reef or the Outrigger Waikiki. Both are fine for a few nights but we prefer the Outrigger Waikiki as it's just a tad bit nicer and a little more centrally located. It has a great location on Waikiki Beach and easy access to several restaurants (Duke's is actually on the first floor on the beach).

I've stayed at the Moana Surfrider next to the Outrigger Waikiki and saw the rooms at the OW (we had friends staying there). That area is a great location.

On our first trip to Hawaii, we stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village. See if your points can get you into the Alii Tower. It has a private rooftop pool, less crazy.

We returned there on our first trip to Aulani in 2010, since I like the little shopping center that is attached, and we wanted to revisit the beachfront and shops, too. DH is a big fan of Hawaii 5 O, and he wanted to see some of the sites they use. As a bonus, he met the guy who sells the shaved ice on the show * and he was also in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, a favorite of our adult children.

How did they meet him? Does he sell ice there?? Are there Hawaii 5 0 markers on sight?

Thanks!

How did they meet him? Does he sell ice there?? Are there Hawaii 5 0 markers on sight? Thanks!

No, nothing is marked, but if you watch the show, you will recognize some areas. We met the actor on the plane going home. He was very friendly, and happy to meet s fan. If you watched the TV show Lost, there are organized tours in Hawaii that take you to where they filmed that. Lots to see and do. And Aulani is dreamy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter