Pregnancy restrictions?

mariolatry

DIS Veteran
It looks like I'll be about 19 weeks pregnant (4-4 1/2 months) when I go in February. I've noted the list of attractions that Disney recommends women skip if they're pregnant but I'm wondering if they'll actively try to prevent me from going on them? 4 months pregnant isn't all that pregnant and my doctor has pretty much left it up to my discretion (within reason). I don't know if I'll look super pregnant or not but with the CMs try and prevent me from going on anything?

At 4 1/2 months pregnant, I doubt they will notice if you don't say anything.

That being said, I personally would not ride some of the wild rides - i.e. the roller coasters if I were pregnant. I had good pregnancies, but know too many people who have miscarried to ever take it for granted that I couldn't.

I saw a very pregnant women try to get on a very wild ride, I forget which one, but I remember thinking "what is she doing?!?!?" They wouldnt let her ride though.

I think it depends on the CM.

I was just there about 10 days ago and am almost 8 months pregnant. They never said a word to me when I got on Autopia with my daughter. :confused3

First off CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! Secondly why even attempt the rides with warnings? You have many, many chances to go to Disneyland, but only one chance at this pregnancy. We went when I was 11 weeks along with our third child. I skipped everything that had a warning, even if some of them seemed perfectly safe IMO. Why take a chance?

Which rides are you wanting to go on?

Things like The Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, etc I think would be fine...but of course definitely pass on Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, etc.

Congrats on your pregnancy :) I say just go and eat lots of yummy food ;)

If I saw a woman that was "clearly" pregnant, I don't thik I would wait for a CM to stop her. I would stop her.

What samkj said, Why take a chance?

Oh yeah, congratulations!!

I would ride things like Jungle Cruse or Buzz, but pass on the fast, jerkey rides. Disney only really puts those warnings on there to avoid lawsuites, just use good judgemet and you should be fine. Have fun at Disneyland.

I went to WDW when I was 17 weeks pregnant. I rode some rides. I did go on a couple rides at Universal that I did not know were jerky and there were no warnings.

I lost my pregnancy at 20 weeks. Now I do not blame these rides at all but unfortunatly for the rest of my life I am always going to blame myself for everything I did. I agree with the previous posters do not risk it.

Because women who are pregant want to have fun too!

I would just stay off the bigger rides, like Space Mt, thunder mt, and California Scream... rides like Splash Mt should be fine...

haha, just noticed its all mt!!! :P Mattahorn Mt!!! ;)

Albort said:
I would just stay off the bigger rides, like Space Mt, thunder mt, and California Scream... rides like Splash Mt should be fine...

Not to sound like an overly paranoid worry-wort (wart?), but I was told Splash Mountain is out not because of the drop, but because of the way you sit on the ride. Your legs are squished up higher than your hips, which decreases circulation to your uterus. At 4 1/2 months, you may not be big enough for it to make a difference, but still. . . .

Twinprincesses-- :grouphug: to you. I can't even imagine how difficult it must have been to lose a pregnancy at 20 weeks, especially after a trip to Disney. My 7 week and 12 1/2 week miscarriages were tough enough. My heart goes out to you.

thunderbird1 said:
Not to sound like an overly paranoid worry-wort (wart?), but I was told Splash Mountain is out not because of the drop, but because of the way you sit on the ride. Your legs are squished up higher than your hips, which decreases circulation to your uterus. At 4 1/2 months, you may not be big enough for it to make a difference, but still. . . .

Twinprincesses-- :grouphug: to you. I can't even imagine how difficult it must have been to lose a pregnancy at 20 weeks, especially after a trip to Disney. My 7 week and 12 1/2 week miscarriages were tough enough. My heart goes out to you.

well, im 20 so i dont have a clue what pregnancy is about... :/ But if you sit in the back, you can stretch your legs...

I still dont think that splash mountian would be a good idea. But thats just me, super freaky paraniod mom of 2, speaking.

I would only go on rides you are very familiar with and of course, WITHIN REASON. I was 32 weeks and big as a house, well...maybe two houses :rotfl2: and was not stopped by any cast members. I would imagine that stopping a pregnant looking person would be a difficult one for a cast member for fear of making a mistake! Have Fun!!! Take lots of pictures, I love telling my dd that her first trip to Disney was in my tummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter