premium loops worth it?

firemanx

DIS Veteran
trying to decide if paying for a premium loop is worth it! looking for a cabin loop. All opionions welcome please will have our own vehicle& a golf cart if that matters

trying to decide if paying for a premium loop is worth it! looking for a cabin loop. All opionions welcome please will have our own vehicle& a golf cart if that matters
They are definitely worth it to me, since I don't fit anywhere else.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "looking for a cabin loop". Cabin loops don't come in "Preferred, Premium, Full or Tent". These levels are only for camping sites.

There is actually a new camping site category, Premium Meadows.

In short...

Premium camp sites are all paved with wider pavement roughly 18 ft. Most of the loops are Premium, The Premium Meadows are sites deem close to the Meadows and the large pool, bike barn, campfire and Meadows Trading Post. Starting this year, Disney thinks these are more desirable and created a more expensive Premium category. Most Premium sites will accommodate the big rigs (42ft and longer)

Full sites have narrower pavement (approximately 12 ft) and have a gravel pad for a tent. Some Full sites will accommodate a large rig.

Preferred sites are the same as Full except they are closest to the Settlement with the boats to MK (and beyond), Trails End restaurant and the Settlement Trading Post. Preferred cost more than a Full because of this proximity. Preferred loops have some sites that can fit a big rig, but the loops are pretty tight to drive around, making it hard (or sometimes impossible) to get a big rig around the loop to a site. It just takes one truck parked on a curve at the edge of the road to make it nearly impossible to get 65ft of truck and trailer around a Preferred loop.

Tent/Popup sites are similar to a Full site except they do not have a sewer hookup.

All sites have electric, water and cable.

Personally, I love the Preferred loops. Being close to the boat dock, trading post and Settlement bus stop are great. I never rented a golf cart until I sized out of the Preferred sites with my new trailer.

j

Last edited:
We booked a premium loop for August 2020. Any loop better than the other? Should we rent a golf cart for the week- I was thinking about for mainly exploring the whole fort and getting to the bus stops. I was planning on using the boat to get to MK (and epcot) but will prob bus to AK and Hollywood- is it easier to take the cart to the bus stop that goes to the parks or just drive to those parks?

I'm with @Teamubr on this. I have to have a Premium to fit into. That being said, we have only stayed in the 800 loop so that would be a Meadow Premium. We actually liked it very much but there's probably better sites that I just don't know about.

We booked a premium loop for August 2020. Any loop better than the other? Should we rent a golf cart for the week- I was thinking about for mainly exploring the whole fort and getting to the bus stops. I was planning on using the boat to get to MK (and epcot) but will prob bus to AK and Hollywood- is it easier to take the cart to the bus stop that goes to the parks or just drive to those parks?
I can't tell you if renting a cart is best for you but it was for us. It's great for exploring the Fort but where they really come in handy is getting to the main bus stop or the marina. The internal buses can be a time suck. Some people say they like to walk or bike. We just want to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible.

I agree with @teambur and @StratMan (*gibson guy), Premium for us also. Always a GC, tried bikes once, rained on us almost every night back from bus stop, never again. FYI, boat to MK is ok but to get to epcot you need to take a bus

We liked premium. We are still new to owing a travel trailer, so I don't think we would have been able to easily back into anything else. (We scratched our truck on some branches just getting into our premium site.)

At the Fort now in 1100 loop (premium) and loving it. Originally hoped for the 700 loop (also premium) but the very helpful lady who checked us in warned us that she had several complaints about construction noise in that loop. The new resort is being built directly behind the 700 loop and right now they seem to be working night and day. The only thing separating the back of the sites from the construction zone is a piece of thin fencing. We wanted a quiet visit and that’s just what we are getting! 😍

Having a completely paved site and not tracking in the crushed shell / gravel into the RV is worth it to me! After 1 trip you'll be sweeping that crap out of your RV for years! It gets everywhere, compartments and all!

Another vote for premium and 1100 loop. We had 1103 in March of 2019 and it was perfect!

We booked a premium loop for August 2020....Should we rent a golf cart for the week-?
In Orlando...in August. The heat & humidity combo will make golf carts mandatory, if only to get the resulting 15 MPH breeze.

We managed last july without a golf cart. We did have 12 people and decided to just leverage the busses during the day. It wasn't too bad, though I think I would like at least a 4 seater next time.

I vote for driving to AK, Hollywood, and Epcot (unless you’re drinking around the world, of course) if it’s an option. Pull up to the parking booth, scan a magic band, head in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter