Premium Outlets - which one better for Disney merch?

ilanakan

DIS Veteran
On our upcoming trip to Disney we have one day for shopping, and we want to go to one of the outlets for the Disney cheaper options of merchandise. Which of the Premium outlets has the better Disney warehouse?

They are both pretty comparable, with access to the same stock. I've hit both on the same day looking for a specific item, and the stock was pretty close between the two. I would choose whichever of the two to hit based on which other stores are there. Again, the lineups are very similar, but there are differences, so hit the website and review. All other things being equal, Vineland location is closer to Disney, so if using paid transportation it will be cheaper.

How do the outlets in Orlando compare with Disney outlets elsewhere?

I won’t have a car next trip, and wonder if they’re super duper compared to other locations or if the merchandise usually gets distributed fairly evenly throughout different stores

The Disney outlet is much bigger and better at the Vineland location.One thing to note is the shopping center has gotten greedy and are charging $10 to park in the garage.The surface lots are free but incredibly difficult to find a spot most times of the day,the garage always had spots if you couldnt find a spot in the surface lots,so now its drive around for 20-30 minutes,pay the $10 or look for parking in the other buildings of the center where the Old Navy is and cross a street.

How do the outlets in Orlando compare with Disney outlets elsewhere?

I won’t have a car next trip, and wonder if they’re super duper compared to other locations or if the merchandise usually gets distributed fairly evenly throughout different stores
There really is no comparison to the Disney Stores located in other centers. Disney Stores carry current Disney merch at full freight.

The two Disney Character Warehouse locations in Orlando carry authentic park merch that is past prime at heavily discounted prices. These are true Disney stores, staffed by Disney CM's, not the outlets full of cheaper Disney licensed (and sometimes unlicensed) merch.

An example; I purchased a lovely Disney logo golf shirt with a 2017 logo in March 2018 for around $10, original park price was still on it at $45. We've got a ton of stuff with dates that don't match our visits, but I'm okay with that for the kind of savings we get. Also note that there is a lot more adult clothing in the DCW than I find at our local Disney Store. Our store seems to focus mostly on toys and kids stuff for gift giving; DCW is more about souvenirs from the parks.

There really is no comparison to the Disney Stores located in other centers. Disney Stores carry current Disney merch at full freight.

The two Disney Character Warehouse locations in Orlando carry authentic park merch that is past prime at heavily discounted prices. These are true Disney stores, staffed by Disney CM's, not the outlets full of cheaper Disney licensed (and sometimes unlicensed) merch.

An example; I purchased a lovely Disney logo golf shirt with a 2017 logo in March 2018 for around $10, original park price was still on it at $45. We've got a ton of stuff with dates that don't match our visits, but I'm okay with that for the kind of savings we get. Also note that there is a lot more adult clothing in the DCW than I find at our local Disney Store. Our store seems to focus mostly on toys and kids stuff for gift giving; DCW is more about souvenirs from the parks.

We have a Disney store at the local mall, which sells current Disney merchandise.

But there is an outlet about an hour from my house with a Disney Outlet. I haven’t been in years, though. Trying to decide if it’s worth a trip to stock up on some goodies before the trip or if it’s worth the vacation time (and Uber fare) to go to the outlet in Orlando.

It can be hit or miss on what they have but I always go. It's worth it, you can get really great deals. It's park merch so it's not the same as outlets in other states.

We have a Disney store at the local mall, which sells current Disney merchandise.

But there is an outlet about an hour from my house with a Disney Outlet. I haven’t been in years, though. Trying to decide if it’s worth a trip to stock up on some goodies before the trip or if it’s worth the vacation time (and Uber fare) to go to the outlet in Orlando.

We have one of those too ............. they still sell just Disney Store merchandise, and only some of it is discounted aka clearance. They used to be really good Outlet stores that were true outlets but Disney closed them all ... then years later began opening what they call outlets but like many other stores in those malls they aren't.

What is in Orlando is completely different, which is 100% Park merchandise.

On our upcoming trip to Disney we have one day for shopping, and we want to go to one of the outlets for the Disney cheaper options of merchandise. Which of the Premium outlets has the better Disney warehouse?

We usually stick to the Vineland close to WDW. Last trip we decided to do both in one day to compare. They did have some different merchandise but I wouldn't say that one was better than the other. It wasn't enough different for me to go to the hassle of going to the Universal area one.

We have one of those too ............. they still sell just Disney Store merchandise, and only some of it is discounted aka clearance. They used to be really good Outlet stores that were true outlets but Disney closed them all ... then years later began opening what they call outlets but like many other stores in those malls they aren't.

What is in Orlando is completely different, which is 100% Park merchandise.

We usually stick to the Vineland close to WDW. Last trip we decided to do both in one day to compare. They did have some different merchandise but I wouldn't say that one was better than the other. It wasn't enough different for me to go to the hassle of going to the Universal area one.

Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for!

Now to decide if it’s worth the vacation time. Might make an interesting alternative to midday break at the pool!

Today I went to Vineland about 45 minutes after opening.

Parking lots were practically empty, food court just beginning to open so image my surprise ..........

WOW was that a different store as I normally go after lunch at the earliest sometimes around dinner.

PACKED!!! Check out line was queued then it went to back of store, u turned and back to front. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! When I checked out it took 35 minutes to get to a cashier.

PLUS: I got lots of goodies and had I had more arms or DS2 would have gotten more. At one point I was next to CM who was working the line so I asked her questions to which I got ...

- We get trucks every day with new merchandise.
- It's like this most mornings until around 11 or 12.
- The rush often cleans out the great bargains.

Explains why last few years I've felt the offerings were not as good as they used to be ... cause I go later in day?

I would also agree that I haven't been finding many good things lately,basically a lot of junk when compared to years ago.I also dont go early in the day so that may have something to do with it but back then I didnt go early either and found a lot of things I liked so who knows??I'm going to try and go early in the day and see if theres a bigger,better choice of merchandise.It also helps with the parking issue,to get a parking spot in the peak hours is like finding a needle in a haystack as I wont be paying those $10 to park in the garage.

I would also agree that I haven't been finding many good things lately,basically a lot of junk when compared to years ago.I also dont go early in the day so that may have something to do with it but back then I didnt go early either and found a lot of things I liked so who knows??I'm going to try and go early in the day and see if theres a bigger,better choice of merchandise.It also helps with the parking issue,to get a parking spot in the peak hours is like finding a needle in a haystack as I wont be paying those $10 to park in the garage.

Not sure where I read but sounded like they may economy and the pay parking ... so yes, morning runs for me too. We prefer shutting parks down so that is okay.

I read somewhere that the early morning shoppers are scooping up bargains to resell on eBay.

Some of the Disney outlets now sell park merchandise. The one closest to me (in Illinois) sells Disneyland stuff mostly but sometimes gets Disney World also (in addition to normal Disney Store stuff). I got a cute teacups skirt (from the Dress Shop at Cherry Tree) just last week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter