Premium Sites near Cabins

rgrimm

Mouseketeer
I have a Premium Site and a Cabin reservation in September so our Son, Daughter-in-law and Grandson can join us at Disney. This will be our 2 year old Grandson's First Disney Trip.

My question is what Premium Loop has sites that are close to the cabins? It looked like some of the 1100 loop sites may back up to Cabins in the 2100 loop, is this correct? If so, does any one know what sites would be the closest to a Cabin. My DW and I will be in the campsite and my Son and family in the Cabin.

Thanks for any any insight.

Russ

I don't have a have a map, but someone on here will jump in and give you some options.

I will suggest that you call in and have them link your reservation with your son. Also, have them add an additional note to your reservation stating your request above to be set up with a campsite/cabin close to one another. Then, I would have your son call in on his reservation and have them link and also note the request.

You would think one call would be sufficient, maybe maybe not. It all depends on who is on the other end of the line. I would double call on each side!

A golf cart would be ideal here :) Then again, I think a golf cart is ideal anytime. Heck, I use mine to go from my house to my chicken coop some days.

I have a Premium Site and a Cabin reservation in September so our Son, Daughter-in-law and Grandson can join us at Disney. This will be our 2 year old Grandson's First Disney Trip.

My question is what Premium Loop has sites that are close to the cabins? It looked like some of the 1100 loop sites may back up to Cabins in the 2100 loop, is this correct? If so, does any one know what sites would be the closest to a Cabin. My DW and I will be in the campsite and my Son and family in the Cabin.

Thanks for any any insight.

Russ
2100 loop is no longer a cabin loop. It is now a camping loop. Probably 2200 cabins would be closest you could get to the nearest RV loops.

2100 loop is no longer a cabin loop. It is now a camping loop. Probably 2200 cabins would be closest you could get to the nearest RV loops.

^^ THIS ^^

Instead of the cabins for your son have you thought of renting an RV and having it delivered. That way you could be together in a campsite loop. We regularly rent from Wilderness Camper Rentals and have friends who have their own RV and we stay together in a loop and usually get side by side if we link our reservations together. Wilderness Camper Rentals has super clean, newer Rvs and there customer service is awesome. They also have golf carts they rent with the campers ( way cheaper than Disney). We used to stay in the cabins until we found them and it is actually cheaper to rent the site and the camper than it is to rent a cabin. Just a thought verses having to be apart in the campground. Whatever you decide I hope your family has fun.

I guess I missed the conversion of Loop 2100. The old phone app I had that shows a photo and details of FW sites had a photo of site 1111 and you could see a cabin directly behind the site.

Yes, a golf cart would be nice. I rented one on my first 2 trips to FW and then decided to start bringing our bicycles. Carts are way too expensive and the bikes are a great way to see FW and get some much needed exercise.

Since our Grandson may spend some nights and afternoons with us my thoughts were to perhaps make a request for the 600 loop to be close to the Chip and Dale area and pool. We'll just use our bikes to get back and fore to the Cabin when needed. My Son and Daughter-in-law will also have their bikes and we'll have some child seat or cart for our grandson. But, I have not had much luck getting requested loops since my first 2 FW trips back in 2012.

At this point we are just thrilled that this trip came about and that we are able to share our grandson's First Fort Wilderness and Disney trip.

Instead of the cabins for your son have you thought of renting an RV and having it delivered. That way you could be together in a campsite loop. We regularly rent from Wilderness Camper Rentals and have friends who have their own RV and we stay together in a loop and usually get side by side if we link our reservations together. Wilderness Camper Rentals has super clean, newer Rvs and there customer service is awesome. They also have golf carts they rent with the campers ( way cheaper than Disney). We used to stay in the cabins until we found them and it is actually cheaper to rent the site and the camper than it is to rent a cabin. Just a thought verses having to be apart in the campground. Whatever you decide I hope your family has fun.

I did look into the RV rentals but was reading mixed reviews, so went to the cabin option for this first trip. This trip was booked back in January and since we are FL residents the Cabin is in my DW name and Campsite was in mine. When we were at FW in April we were able to get the Cabin rate discounted which helped alot. When the reservations were made my Son and family lived in Ohio, since July is is now also a FL resident so I am sure there will be more trips in the future and since I am committed to staying at FW since I own an RV, the next trip I may look into Wilderness Camper Rentals as an option. Thanks for the information.

We arrived on Monday, Sept 10th. They put us in the 1100 loop (site 1119) and my Son and family in a Cabin in the 2200 loop so this worked out well for us all to use the same Bus Stop (2100. 2200, 2300) and I like the fact that we could actually use both the Orange and Purple inner buses from the 2100, 22, 2300 cabin bus stop. Fortunately my site was ready when we arrived around 2:00pm, but the Cabin wasn't ready until 5:30 pm (2 1/2 hours after check-in time). Since I was in our site, my son parked his car at my site so we could leave by 5:00 to get to AK for a FP+ we had. Since these reservations were made back in Jan, they waved my son's parking fee at the Cabin.

Last night was the first opportunity for my DW and I to ride our bikes thru many of the loops and it made me question the point of Disney's FW rules if they do not bother enforcing them. I am talking about the max of 2 vehicles in a site and ALL eight tires must be on the concrete. I would say that 30% to 40% of the sites were violating this rule with more that 2 vehicles and/or vehicles parked off (completely off in some cases) the concrete site. So Disney what is the point of making rules if you seem to have no intent to enforced them??? So that is my rant on Disney (FW) for their unwillingness to enforce their rules.

But on a positive note, my son, daughter-in-law and 2 year old grandson had a great First stay at Fort Wilderness and I'm hoping there will be many more family trips in the future to FW. My son and family had to leave Saturday, my DW and I are here until Wednesday (19th).

So Disney what is the point of making rules if you seem to have no intent to enforced them??? So that is my rant on Disney (FW) for their unwillingness to enforce their rules.

Russ, I hope there are future trips ahead for you with your extended family. WDW is a GREAT family vacation destination.

To answer your question I quoted above, you have to understand the dynamics between the hourly Fort Cast Members (who are where the rubber meets the road) and their Disney management layer (paid on a straight salary).

If you have any kind of issue at the Fort, your complaint is probably heard by an hourly CM. They are "encouraged" by their salaried WDW managers to make every guest's stay "magical". If a guest complaint reaches the Fort management layer that means the hourly CM's have failed to make their guest's stay "magical". So if a complaint makes it to Fort/WDW management, they tend to "punish" the hourly CMs (who must have obviously failed to make that guest's stay "magical").

So if you have a legitimate concern:

- guests not following the parking rules
- guests not following the "quiet hours" rules
- guests having 15 people on their site
- etc.

and you complain to an hourly CM, they will do whatever they can to pacify you and to prevent the complaint from moving up the chain to management. So let's assume you complain about loud neighbors after midnight (violating quiet hours rules). They probably won't say anything to those folks. If they did, those folks could complain to management not making the loud guest's stay "magical" (noise is magic apparently) and management would punish the CM's who informed them that they they were loud. (I'm not kidding about this ****). They would probably offer to move you to a different site (no fun for you to pack up and then unpack). So by experience, hourly CM's have learned to let your complaint slide because if they address your concern to the other party, they could catch a load of **** if that guest complains to management. Or they will offer you something to "shut up and go away" and not escalate your complaint.

This is why I have such a low opinion of Fort frontline management (supported by numerous past examples) who only show an aptitude to advance to a desk job or transfer away from the Fort to a more glamorous WDW Resort position like Recycling Operations. They should support the rules they supposedly abide by and the hourly CM's who enforce them. But by and large they don't.

So if you complain, go straight to management and bypass the CM who might catch flack.

Bama Ed

PS - if you go to the Fort lobby to complain about anything, ask for the Day Manager and don't mess with the management intern (young, outgoing, positive, talkative, and impotent) who might be floating out on the line of guests. Go for the him or her in the nylon leisure suit blazer or button down dress shirt, the blue tooth earpiece, the close/conservative haircut/style, and the bell bottom dress pants - oh and with a WDW ID badge on their lanyard (usually in their pocket).

Last edited:
Bama Ed,

I am sure we will have future 'family' Disney trips and I know my Resort will always be Fort Wilderness. I do understand the problems for the CM to deal with rule issues when their Fort frontline management really don't want the complaints to reach them. The CMs are just caught in the middle of a no win situation.

My rant was just me venting about the amount of people who violate the sites' parking rules when I am one who respects the rules. I am not about to officially complain since it really doesn't affect my stays here (usually). I will follow the rules and will always be a 'good neighbor' to those around me and at the end of the day that is what matters. So thanks for your explanation of the how things work here at FW, Disney .... sad!

I will find my own Magic here and continue to visit a place I have enjoyed staying at.
Russ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter