Preparing for Jet Lag

amberwc

Mouseketeer
All, I stumbled upon a website today that helps you plan your sleep and light exposure to help with Jet Lag. As we will be taking the kids to Europe for the first time this next year, I was happy to find this chart to help us.
www.jetlagrooster.com
Hope it helps someone else.

I visited the website. I'm going to try my best to adhere to a schedule similar to what it suggests -- but it remains to be seen whether that will work with a small child in tow. I'm hoping that if I explain the concept to my son, he'll be on board -- but I won't know for sure until next June.

I haven't tried this kink of scheduling yet, but I find the thing that helps me the most with jetlag is to be as active as possible on the day I arrive (going for long walks outside is a big help) and then not napping and trying to stay up as close as possible to my normal bedtime. It makes for a long day, but I generally feel *much* better the next morning.

Sayhello

I haven't tried this kink of scheduling yet, but I find the thing that helps me the most with jetlag is to be as active as possible on the day I arrive (going for long walks outside is a big help) and then not napping and trying to stay up as close as possible to my normal bedtime. It makes for a long day, but I generally feel *much* better the next morning.

This is what I do also. Get outside in the sunlight when you land and force yourself to stay up until it's bedtime where you are. It sucks but help adjusting so much I've found.

If your schedule allows you to time shift before departing, it can definitely help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts