Price question here with Aulani??

I’ve been looking at renting points. I booked a poolside garden 1 bedroom room via Disney direct and the 11 months out points for the poolside 1 bed is actually more than from Disney. I find that weird

I’ve been looking at renting points. I booked a poolside garden 1 bedroom room via Disney direct and the 11 months out points for the poolside 1 bed is actually more than from Disney. I find that weird
You mean renting is more expensive? That’s not that weird for 1 bedrooms at any DVC resort. DVC charges twice as many points for a 1BR vs a studio but Disney’s hotel operation typically charge only about a 20-30% premium for a 1BR vs a studio or hotel room.

You mean renting is more expensive? That’s not that weird for 1 bedrooms at any DVC resort. DVC charges twice as many points for a 1BR vs a studio but Disney’s hotel operation typically charge only about a 20-30% premium for a 1BR vs a studio or hotel room.
Yeah renting is more. Why would anyone rent a 1 bedroom then? I’ve never rented before but I’ve always heard how much cheaper it is

I guess at 7 months out it can be a possible deal

Yeah renting is more. Why would anyone rent a 1 bedroom then? I’ve never rented before but I’ve always heard how much cheaper it is

I guess at 7 months out it can be a possible deal
You generally shouldn’t rent a 1 bedroom for DVC. Studios and 2 bedrooms are frequently cheaper but not 1 bedrooms.

Also the savings from renting have gone down a lot over the past 5 years or so. You used to easily save half with a studio and even 20%ish with a 1BR. But As more and more people found out about it, the price went up up up, and the arbitrage opportunity closed, or at least narrowed precipitously.

Renting points has the perk of free parking at least. But OTOH paying through Disney includes daily housekeeping.

You generally shouldn’t rent a 1 bedroom for DVC. Studios and 2 bedrooms are frequently cheaper but not 1 bedrooms.

Also the savings from renting have gone down a lot over the past 5 years or so. You used to easily save half with a studio and even 20%ish with a 1BR. But As more and more people found out about it, the price went up up up, and the arbitrage opportunity closed, or at least narrowed precipitously.

Renting points has the perk of free parking at least. But OTOH paying through Disney includes daily housekeeping.

Thanks for all these tips and info.

You also have to pay the dvc resort tax which you don’t via Disney so the free parking isn’t as much as a perk I guess.

I also did research and the dates I’m going Disney has always done discounts so I’m hoping to apply it and save more

I explained that earlier in the thread. Poolside Garden is one of the worst use of points in all of DVC. The points chart is unreasonably expensive, meaning points rentals are unreasonably expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter