Priceline Express Deals

I just got an email from Hotwire that they have NOT approved my requested HotRate cancellation for Grand Floridian for July 10-19. Ugh. I was told that Disney did not have anyone who could approve the cancellation because they department responsible is no longer open. Now I'm super stressed. I know the rate was booked as non refundable, but I did this before the lockdown and closures. No idea what to do. I'm so mad at myself. I'll never use Hotwire again.
I agree with the other replies, there's currently no reason for Hotwire to approve a cancellation for July. Disney automatically cancelled reservations for when they are closed, and they are saying (for now) that they'll be open on June 1st.

Has anyone tried to cancel a Swan or Dolphin reservation through Hotwire or Priceline for a later date this year? Those hotels have issued statements, that guests are permitted to cancel any reservation this year, including prepaid reservations, as long as you cancel before June 30th. I just wondered if that includes Hotwire/Priceline reservations. We are booked with PL in September, and just wondered if cancelling is an option. TIA!

So it appears that Disney resorts have started being uploaded for PLE deals starting June 30. That's encouraging. You can't book them yet, but they're starting to show up!

I've noticed that too...and when I try to click on the current Priceline Express offer(s)...it says that the deal(s) just sold-out! So is it possibly because they're updating their inventory?

I've noticed that too...and when I try to click on the current Priceline Express offer(s)...it says that the deal(s) just sold-out! So is it possibly because they're updating their inventory?
Just saw CBR for 180 something today in July and it gave the sold out try another hotel message. I'll be trying at least every other day now.
I believe Swan was available for my dates for 183 plus the $30 resort fee. I currently have CBR fun and sun for 236 plus tax. Having never stayed at the Swan, can anyone compare the two? Would you take Swan for the aforementioned 213 over the CBR at 236?

Just saw CBR for 180 something today in July and it gave the sold out try another hotel message. I'll be trying at least every other day now.
I believe Swan was available for my dates for 183 plus the $30 resort fee. I currently have CBR fun and sun for 236 plus tax. Having never stayed at the Swan, can anyone compare the two? Would you take Swan for the aforementioned 213 over the CBR at 236?

Excellent beds, large pool area and great restaurants. Walking distance to two parks. The only potential drawbacks are no ME and you cannot use your magic band for charging back to your room.

It has been a loooong time (the 90s) since staying at Caribbean Beach, but I can tell you that my general rule of thumb is that if I can get a Disney moderate or deluxe for the same price as the Swan/Dolphin, I always do the Disney resort. The Swan is super nice, and I would stay there again a million times. In comparison to CBR, Swan’s disadvantages are that it’s out of the Disney bubble, no magic band charging, and no Magical Express. The advantage for Swan is the location. I love the Boardwalk area and being able to walk to and from Epcot. But I think now that there’s skyliners, the location doesn’t have much of an edge over CBR. I’d def rather be in the bubble personally. Just my two cents...

Excellent beds, large pool area and great restaurants. Walking distance to two parks. The only potential drawbacks are no ME and you cannot use your magic band for charging back to your room.
It has been a loooong time (the 90s) since staying at Caribbean Beach, but I can tell you that my general rule of thumb is that if I can get a Disney moderate or deluxe for the same price as the Swan/Dolphin, I always do the Disney resort. The Swan is super nice, and I would stay there again a million times. In comparison to CBR, Swan’s disadvantages are that it’s out of the Disney bubble, no magic band charging, and no Magical Express. The advantage for Swan is the location. I love the Boardwalk area and being able to walk to and from Epcot. But I think now that there’s skyliners, the location doesn’t have much of an edge over CBR. I’d def rather be in the bubble personally. Just my two cents...
Thank you both for the response. Didn't make it any easier. Yes, we need the ME so we'd do a split stay with the Swan in the middle.
I love taking the boats (we do often even though we've never stayed) and walking to Beaches and Cream and Epcot would be wonderful. Heck, walking to HS isn't that far either if we don't want to wait for the boat.
We haven't experienced the Skyliner yet though. Ugggghhhh...so tough.

Thank you both for the response. Didn't make it any easier. Yes, we need the ME so we'd do a split stay with the Swan in the middle.
I love taking the boats (we do often even though we've never stayed) and walking to Beaches and Cream and Epcot would be wonderful. Heck, walking to HS isn't that far either if we don't want to wait for the boat.
not a downside for me, you are never getting me on one of those things! 😀
I’m claustrophobic so Idk that I’d get on them either. But as far as walking to B&C/Epcot, you can always take the skyliner to Epcot then a short walk/boat ride to B&C.
I’m sorry, I’m not making your decision any easier prob. I’m super indecisive myself, but just know that whichever of the 2 you choose, you’re getting a great hotel!

I’m claustrophobic so Idk that I’d get on them either. But as far as walking to B&C/Epcot, you can always take the skyliner to Epcot then a short walk/boat ride to B&C.
I’m sorry, I’m not making your decision any easier prob. I’m super indecisive myself, but just know that whichever of the 2 you choose, you’re getting a great hotel!
I know...both are great. So excited to be planning again, which is half my fun for these trips!

That’s such a tough one! Pre-Skyliner I would say do Swan for sure. But now that CBR’s renovations are done, I’m staying there on our next trip!

I'm not having any luck with Hotwire for my July 10 GF stay. I know it's still a few weeks away, but since the resort and parks will not be open on check-in day, I contacted them to cancel (again). I was told that the cancellation has not been approved and that I will have to wait to see if their policy changes. This is so stressful, considering almost $5k is tied up in the reservation. I realize I took a gamble booking (before Covid), but I am just surprised I can't get any answers.

I'm not having any luck with Hotwire for my July 10 GF stay. I know it's still a few weeks away, but since the resort and parks will not be open on check-in day, I contacted them to cancel (again). I was told that the cancellation has not been approved and that I will have to wait to see if their policy changes. This is so stressful, considering almost $5k is tied up in the reservation. I realize I took a gamble booking (before Covid), but I am just surprised I can't get any answers.

I was very annoying back in the beginning and I know he could read the notes. The guy was like I can see that you’ve called about this before. Yes, yes I have.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter