Priceline Express Deals

I did it. With taxes I paid $91/night. I got AS Sports. So relieved!!! A great deal for our last-minute, long weekend. Decided to go with the cheapest option as we're going to do the Parks all weekend and just sleep at the Resort.

Thanks for letting us know, and yay! did you do priceline or hotwire?

We're going Feb 24-Mar 2 and the one resort they have discounted is reg. $251, with discount of $162 (don't remember). This has to be POFQ, right? I'm so tempted to book it. It's the right price for POFQ. CBR is slightly lower moderate and much higher for a value. We have a POFQ reservation already but if this could possibly POFQ, we might change. The RO discounts won't being POFQ down to just over $1200 like Hotwire could.

Thoughts?!

I may be overthinking but I'm new to using hotwire. I 100% want to stay on property. For an extra $30-40/night savings I'm not sure it's worth the small risk it's off property. There doesn't seem to be consensus that it's definitely one of the value resorts.

I understand. Peace of mind is worth a lot.

For what it's worth, I've used Hotwire at Disney twice in the past. Each time was for adding a day or two on to a prepackaged week long deal. Each time no surprises. I've never seen any non-Disney property in that area that offers airport shuttle on Hotwire. Not to say it can never happen tho.

We're going Feb 24-Mar 2 and the one resort they have discounted is reg. $251, with discount of $162 (don't remember). This has to be POFQ, right? I'm so tempted to book it. It's the right price for POFQ. CBR is slightly lower moderate and much higher for a value. We have a POFQ reservation already but if this could possibly POFQ, we might change. The RO discounts won't being POFQ down to just over $1200 like Hotwire could.

Thoughts?!
I'm thinking you're right. Considering doing it as the same is available for our April trip. It's a scarier chance to take on a longer family trip though.

I'm thinking you're right. Considering doing it as the same is available for our April trip. It's a scarier chance to take on a longer family trip though.

If you do let me know! My family won't budge to do it. They want to be safe and are guaranteed POFQ.

Thoughts?!

How could you decipher btwn it being any of the moderates? Are their star ratings diff? Could it be PORS?

How could you decipher btwn it being any of the moderates? Are their star ratings diff? Could it be PORS?

Research! I read through these boards to see who was getting what resorts. Then someone said there's a website that you can look on to see what hotels are bookabke through Hotwire and Disney hotels listed at the value all star resort, CBR, and POFQ. If there is more, I didn't take notice. After seeing those two things, i started to look at numbers. POFQ is a high priced moderate resort and the original price is high which fits with the POFQ pricing. CBR also moderate but not priced and high. And the all star value resorts are not $250+ on a good day so that was eliminated.
Now, I could be completely wrong on this. If anyone does book and it's not POFQ don't blame me! But if it is POFQ let me know so I can book too haha

Research! I read through these boards to see who was getting what resorts. Then someone said there's a website that you can look on to see what hotels are bookabke through Hotwire and Disney hotels listed at the value all star resort, CBR, and POFQ. If there is more, I didn't take notice. After seeing those two things, i started to look at numbers. POFQ is a high priced moderate resort and the original price is high which fits with the POFQ pricing. CBR also moderate but not priced and high. And the all star value resorts are not $250+ on a good day so that was eliminated.
Now, I could be completely wrong on this. If anyone does book and it's not POFQ don't blame me! But if it is POFQ let me know so I can book too haha

Ok. One came up for my dates for $350ish a night. I couldn't figure out which it was. Compared the regular Hotwire rate to the rates on wdw website. Didn't seem to match up. Said near golf as well. Seems that would help narrow it down.

I know some have reported getting GF at the higher rates. The bed choice is also a clue. It comes up as a King and a couch. That is not a value or a mod. I am not sure if any other Deluxe resorts that come up. I would have a hard time paying that much to not know what I was getting but if I had more money to spend it could be a fun game.

Ok. One came up for my dates for $350ish a night. I couldn't figure out which it was. Compared the regular Hotwire rate to the rates on wdw website. Didn't seem to match up. Said near golf as well. Seems that would help narrow it down.

Have you researched using better bidding dot com? Have you read all of the fine print including if there is a resort fee (on the "Know Before You Go?" section all the way to the bottom) What filters did you use? Airport shuttle in the Bonnet Creek area is pretty much a dead giveaway that it is a Disney resort, but using Hotwire is a gamble and you have to be ok with all of your potential options before you book. Just remember, though, that the Hilton Bonnet Creek resort area (I think there are a few hotels within there too) is one of the popular options that is in the Disney Bonnet Creek area filter of Hotwire. Most of their hotels charge the resort fee, so be sure to know those options as well.

That being said, I have used Hotwire on many non-Orlando vacations and have always gotten between one or two of what I narrowed down based on my research and have been very happy with my rooms. I am really glad that Disney rooms became part of Hotwire and might utilize it when I travel next. I am a little worried about getting CBR or CSR with the construction so I might stick to a value on this trip.

Good Luck!

Have you researched using better bidding dot com? Have you read all of the fine print including if there is a resort fee (on the "Know Before You Go?" section all the way to the bottom) What filters did you use? Airport shuttle in the Bonnet Creek area is pretty much a dead giveaway that it is a Disney resort, but using Hotwire is a gamble and you have to be ok with all of your potential options before you book. Just remember, though, that the Hilton Bonnet Creek resort area (I think there are a few hotels within there too) is one of the popular options that is in the Disney Bonnet Creek area filter of Hotwire. Most of their hotels charge the resort fee, so be sure to know those options as well.

That being said, I have used Hotwire on many non-Orlando vacations and have always gotten between one or two of what I narrowed down based on my research and have been very happy with my rooms. I am really glad that Disney rooms became part of Hotwire and might utilize it when I travel next. I am a little worried about getting CBR or CSR with the construction so I might stick to a value on this trip.

Good Luck!

I will check out better bidding. It was def bonnet creek area and airport shuttle.

Hotwire. If anyone else does it, you have to call Hotwire. They call Disney and get your Disney confirmation number. Then I was able to link the reservation to MDE. I customized magic bands and requested Magic Express. Super easy!

I just booked through Hotwire this morning - got POFQ for this Thursday and Friday night. When I called they said the confirmation number I received is the Disney one, but it's not connecting to MDE.

I just booked through Hotwire this morning - got POFQ for this Thursday and Friday night. When I called they said the confirmation number I received is the Disney one, but it's not connecting to MDE.
It's not. Call back and ask for them to call Disney. The number they get from Disney is the number you need.

This thread is awesome! Thanks OP! I think it may be too early to book our January trip. any advice on when is a good time?

This thread is awesome! Thanks OP! I think it may be too early to book our January trip. any advice on when is a good time?

My experience has been best time for off peak dates is anywhere inside 2 months. For peak periods it's very irregular if they will have anything discounted at all.

That being said I've done spot checks and seen decent discounts occasionally at 6 or even 8 months ahead.

Hey, I had not checked for our May trip thinking deals would not be there, but sure enough there is a resort with shuttle in Bonnet Creek area on Hotwire for $167 a night, regularly $253. It is saying a 3 stars. POFQ or could that be an all star? And why are there discount rooms for May 2018 already? Unless that is an All-star and then I do not consider that a good price.

Hey, I had not checked for our May trip thinking deals would not be there, but sure enough there is a resort with shuttle in Bonnet Creek area on Hotwire for $167 a night, regularly $253. It is saying a 3 stars. POFQ or could that be an all star? And why are there discount rooms for May 2018 already? Unless that is an All-star and then I do not consider that a good price.

It might be a Family Suite at an All-Star too. I am pretty sure I saw on better bidding that the suites came up once or twice, but only for the All-Stars, and non AoA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter