priceline

dmhgolfer1903

Mouseketeer
has anyone every used them for hotel booking on site. Seems to be cheaper for my dates then even the sums rate. I don't know anything about them and is it for 4 people or will they charge me more later?
how does it all work. can it be canceled for full refund?

any help

4 people or 2 adults/2 children? There is a difference. Onsite hotels charge $25 pp per night for more than 2 adults in the room. Doesn't matter 'how/who' you book the reservation.

You need to obtain express passes/picture @ kiosk in hotel lobby via your room keys.

Priceline (not name your own price or express deals) has cancellation features. Read the fine print for the terms for your reservation.

What do you mean by Express deals?
When you use the express deals tab on Priceline, you do not know the name of the hotel you are booking until after you book it. But you can at times make educated guesses by the number of reviews, star rating, and amenities listed. People have reported being able to do this for Disney resorts, but I’ve never seen a report by anyone doing it for the Universal resorts.

When you use the express deals tab on Priceline, you do not know the name of the hotel you are booking until after you book it. But you can at times make educated guesses by the number of reviews, star rating, and amenities listed. People have reported being able to do this for Disney resorts, but I’ve never seen a report by anyone doing it for the Universal resorts.

Thanks. I've had luck with picking Disney resorts and was hoping to replicate that with picking Universal resorts.....

4 people or 2 adults/2 children? There is a difference. Onsite hotels charge $25 pp per night for more than 2 adults in the room. Doesn't matter 'how/who' you book the reservation.

You need to obtain express passes/picture @ kiosk in hotel lobby via your room keys.

Priceline (not name your own price or express deals) has cancellation features. Read the fine print for the terms for your reservation.
I think the charge is now $35 per night per extra adult (more than 2). At the deluxe onsite Universal resorts....

Thanks. I've had luck with picking Disney resorts and was hoping to replicate that with picking Universal resorts.....

betterbidding.com is a great guide if you use Priceline or Hotwire. It will break down all the Express deals for both sites, and guarantees that your hotel will be one of 4 listed on their site. It also has a pretty good guess (not guaranteed) as to which 1 of the 4 that particular offer applies to.

betterbidding.com also has a lot of useful tips and tricks for Hotwire & Priceline. For example, none of the Universal Orlando resorts offer free parking, so if you see "Free Parking" as a hotel feature, you can be sure it's not a Universal resort.

We just booked a trip to Universal in February, & I didn't use Better Bidding because I want to be 100% CERTAIN to stay at a Universal property. I got as far as a guarantee that 2 of the 4 properties were Universal resorts, but I wasn't willing to gamble.

Aside from Priceline/Hotwire, Delta Airlines had by far the best deals on vacation packages. When you factor in the separate costs of airfare and hotel, their packages were a HUGE discount, if you're flying to Orlando.

betterbidding.com is a great guide if you use Priceline or Hotwire. It will break down all the Express deals for both sites, and guarantees that your hotel will be one of 4 listed on their site. It also has a pretty good guess (not guaranteed) as to which 1 of the 4 that particular offer applies to.

betterbidding.com also has a lot of useful tips and tricks for Hotwire & Priceline. For example, none of the Universal Orlando resorts offer free parking, so if you see "Free Parking" as a hotel feature, you can be sure it's not a Universal resort.

We just booked a trip to Universal in February, & I didn't use Better Bidding because I want to be 100% CERTAIN to stay at a Universal property. I got as far as a guarantee that 2 of the 4 properties were Universal resorts, but I wasn't willing to gamble.

Aside from Priceline/Hotwire, Delta Airlines had by far the best deals on vacation packages. When you factor in the separate costs of airfare and hotel, their packages were a HUGE discount, if you're flying to Orlando.

Thanks-- I will check out betterbidding.com!

I used Hotwire just yesterday to book a hotel for a Universal trip. They are worth looking at as well. I ended up with the Doubletree, but Sapphire Falls came up in my searches as well.

While I really, really, really prefer staying on-site at one of the express pass hotels, the price difference was too great this time. I can stay at the Doubletree, buy our annual passes, and get us the unlimted express pass a few days, and it will STILL be cheaper than the Universal hotels with the EP.

Betterbidding.com was very helpful - it correctly identified the hotel.

I used Hotwire just yesterday to book a hotel for a Universal trip. They are worth looking at as well. I ended up with the Doubletree, but Sapphire Falls came up in my searches as well.

While I really, really, really prefer staying on-site at one of the express pass hotels, the price difference was too great this time. I can stay at the Doubletree, buy our annual passes, and get us the unlimted express pass a few days, and it will STILL be cheaper than the Universal hotels with the EP.

Betterbidding.com was very helpful - it correctly identified the hotel.

This is my 10 year olds first visit to Universal and he really wants to stay at Cabana Bay. I see them as a possibility on Hotwire Express, but don't want to take a chance so I'll just book outright. Next time I'll probably choose Doubletree also; they have very good reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts